Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old December 19th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Day 8

Ho Ho Ho! I'm back, with another of the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! Yes, we're finally winding down as we get ever-closer to Christmas. Today we're going back to YouTube, with another big inspiration. Yes, don't worry - we're done with video games for a while. A while. Sorry about that...

ANYWAY, onto Day 8! Let's read, let's read...

Day 8:
Spoiler Alert!

Well, have you ever seen a video by these guys? If not, check them out and consider subscribing! You'll be glad you did! Ho Ho Ho!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 20th, 2016, 06:34 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Day 9

Merry happy, everyone! Yes, it's me. And we're back with 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! Well, we're finally winding down the holidays, and we're down to our last four great things! It's always sad to have the season go on by so quickly, but hey, might as well enjoy it while it lasts!

Therefore let's not stall any longer: it's time for Day 9 of the 12 great things... let's take a look.

Day 9:
Spoiler Alert!

And that's a wrap! Yes, now we're down to the Final 3 great things! What could they be? Who knows! You'll have to wait to find out! Oh the suspense is terrible! I hope it lasts! Ho ho ho!

~TAF

Old December 21st, 2016, 05:38 PM

Day 10

Oh my God, how is it Day 10 already? Yes, it's the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan, and we're in the double-digits already! Yup, it's the Final 3 Days!! Eeeeeeeeeeee!

Now we're down to the nitty-gritty: the real good stuff! So let's not waste any more time! Let's get down to business! ...To defeat, the Huns!...

Day 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Wow, how interesting! And don't think I won't keep an eye on you and make sure you take my recommendation! I'll take names of whoever I see viewing this thread and hound you down until you WATCH IT!!

Er, anyway, I'll be back tomorrow. Ho ho ho!

~TAF

Old December 21st, 2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan

Some reason you did not mention the 2005(Shamballa) or 2011(Milos) movies?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 21st, 2016, 10:31 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
I'm not going to be back for a long... Long time...

Argh! You just convinced me to go finish watching Avatar! I haven't watched it in seven years, and I really should pick it up again. From what I barely remember, it was excellent.

Anyway, good stuff, TAF!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Some reason you did not mention the 2005(Shamballa) or 2011(Milos) movies?
Oh, right, uh... They're fine. You don't really need to watch either of them, but if you really like the 2003 anime Shamballa wraps up a lot of the looser plot ends. Sacred Star of Milos is completely optional as it has no impact upon the rest of Brotherhood.

~TAF

Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Good to know. Thanks.

I have been contemplating watching FMA for a long time now. Thanks for the insight.

Ever watch Berserk or Gantz?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:03 PM

Day 11

I've heard Beserk is good. Anything that's inspired Dark Souls probably is.

Er, uh, anyway! Ho ho ho! Sorry I'm late! Yes, it's the penultimate Day of the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! We're down to the last two days, and it's time to really up the ante! What could possibly be above Fullmetal Alchemist, the show TAF would sleep with if he could!? Well, click the spoiler box and find out!

Spoiler warning, non-gamers, it's another video game! The last one I promise! Now let's get on with it: Day 11:

Day 11:
Spoiler Alert!

And that brings us down to our Final Great Thing!!! What could it be? How did TAF mess this up and end it one day too early?? How will all of this resolve! You'll hafta wait to find out! Ho ho ho!!

~TAF

Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:21 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Personally anything that has those anime-looking characters in it always turned me off. Not sure why. It's not like I had any bad experiences with anime or anime-like characters. In fact, I had no experiences with them at all. I don't know, they've always seemed... too juvenille-looking?

Maybe it's just the random pieces of animes I've seen (most on here, oddly enough). The animation and sound just gets to me. It feels... I don't know how to describe it without offending it's many fans.

~TGRF.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:39 PM

Day 12

Ho ho ho! Yes kids, or whoever's still around reading this crap, it's the grand finale of the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! We've had our ups and downs, laughs and losses, stuff of that caliber. But enough stalling! Now it's finally time to wrap things up for the holidays. Wrap things up? Get it? Me neither.

Anyway, what could the final day be? Well enough with the dilly-dallying, let's take a look and end this 12 days nonsense for good. Ho ho ho!

Day 12:
Spoiler Alert!

And so there you have it, folks! I don't care if it's a cop-out, it makes sense thematically for this website! Since I'm a day early with my calculations I'd give you one last present if you weren't all on the naughty list! Ho ho ho!

Well... Maybe I could think of something... No promises, no promises!!

~TAF

Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Animesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Personally anything that has those anime-looking characters in it always turned me off. Not sure why. It's not like I had any bad experiences with anime or anime-like characters. In fact, I had no experiences with them at all. I don't know, they've always seemed... too juvenille-looking?

Maybe it's just the random pieces of animes I've seen (most on here, oddly enough). The animation and sound just gets to me. It feels... I don't know how to describe it without offending it's many fans.

~TGRF.
A lot of anime tropes and animation does tend to make its characters look younger. People are allowed to have something about animation that throws them off though. My brother has a hard time with Adventure Time's animation style. He also has a hard time with dubs due to lip movement. I have a hard time with subs as I become less engaged and am constantly distracted and missing things due to reading (It's weird; I know).

That said, FMA: Brotherhood is easily the best anime I've ever seen and if that's the only anime you'll have ever seen, it'll be worth it. (My first anime was Cowboy Bebop which is actually a solid way to ease into anime as it feels like anime done by Americans) I know some people really like the original, but after it started diverting from the manga there were really only two things it did that I really thought were good (one of which is in Shamballa). It probably hurts that I watched it second, but the first half of the original series is very well done and goes into much more depth in some areas where Brotherhood just grabbed the highlights.

But I mean animes can stray pretty far away from that juvenile feel (Attack on Titan, Parasyte: the Maxim, and my personal favorite from this bunch Deadman Wonderland) but I can still see why the animation could feel that way. And sometimes a show will feel and look juvenile...until it isn't. (Looking at you Puella Magi Madoka Magicka)

I am curious if you have exposure to Avatar (either, Airbender is better, I enjoyed Korra more) or RWBY as those are Western made shows which borrow pretty heavily from anime styles. Just trying to pinpoint exactly why. I know it took me a while to make the leap to anime and I'm super glad I did as there's lots out there (I'm super picky though about what I watch as I can honestly say that the worst anime I've seen (Sword Art Online) was just okay)

~Dysole, who could talk for hours about all these things she loves
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:37 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, I've never gotten anywhere near it. Part of the reason nowadays is that I'm overly selective of what I watch and read. I mimic what's in my head when I write, so I have to be careful.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction