Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 15th, 2016, 03:37 PM

aka_sketch is surprisingly tart
AKA_Sketch's Custom units.

FTP! I've been around the site for a while here and there, but haven't actually posted my own thread.

As a project with my younger siblings (Especially my little brother, who LOVES Heroscape and kicks my sorry rear every time we play), I made the entire Big Hero 6 team. Unfortunately, their total cost is over 900, but they each grant some nice buffs and are a fair addition to any army.

Big Hero 6:
Spoiler Alert!

DC Characters:
Spoiler Alert!

Minecraft:
Spoiler Alert!

Personal creations:
Spoiler Alert!

Jesse McCree, from Overwatch:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by aka_sketch; November 27th, 2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Added McCree from below, and posted edited versions of Aesier, Drake Pests, Twisting Illusions, and Vorex.
Old November 15th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: AKA_Sketch's Custom units.

I am not able to see the images. Try posting them again.
Old November 15th, 2016, 05:56 PM

There we go! just needed to add .jpg to all of them.

I have ideas for Destiny cards as well as a couple unique ideas of my own, but I'll stick to these for now.

Last edited by aka_sketch; November 15th, 2016 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old November 16th, 2016, 08:27 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice work, and welcome to the site! One thing:

Go-go doesn't have a special attack, so you can probably drop that last sentence in Hyper Speed. Also, Fred is missing a Size and Height.
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nice work, and welcome to the site! One thing:

Go-go doesn't have a special attack, so you can probably drop that last sentence in Hyper Speed.
I just used the MSE Heroscape version of Hyper Speed; hence the extra sentence. If it bothers people that much I'll change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Also, Fred is missing a Size and Height.
Huh. So he is. I'll get on that.

Lol. I forgot to say thanks for the nice things you said! Thanks!

Check out my custom army cards!

My little brother always beats me. I'm very sad.

Last edited by aka_sketch; November 16th, 2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Obligatory thankfulness
Old November 16th, 2016, 01:19 PM

I mustered the courage.

Here is the rest of my stuff (Besides Destiny, I wanna do things with those first...)

DC Characters:
Spoiler Alert!

Minecraft
Spoiler Alert!

Personal creations:
Spoiler Alert!

A lot of these are unfinished. Ideas? Comments? Suggestions?

Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:27 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm glad you mustered your courage because these are some cool designs! I don't often comment on adaptations so I'll focus on your personal creations.

Twisting Illusions
These guys are really cool! They don't do much (except get killed quickly) on their own but Spacial Trickery gives you some powerful options for mobilizing a deadly hero. You may want to keep that power to only small or medium heroes since it can be a little complicated to suddenly place a double-based hero. Thematically, I don't quite see them for Utgar (Vydar?), as Ghosts (Illusions?), or even Marauders (Servants?), although they definitely are tricky. I see that they are a common squad but I have trouble seeing myself ever drafting any more than 1 squad of them so maybe consider making them unique. Otherwise these guys are ripe with potential of cool combos to set up and leave your opponent guessing. I like how they can choose to ignore the illusions or potentially waste attacks against them out of fear that a deadly hero may appear. In that vein, I'd consider having them lose the ability to make leaving engagement attacks themselves. Technically, if an opponent moves through one, they will take a leaving engagement attack (you can't be engaged with a figure in your own space) and then another if they then move away from it normally.

Idol of the Mind

This is another impressive design. I really like how his life is low enough that you may just have a chance to take him out even if you are forced to do it in melee. Presuming he can be moved (as opposed to the Marro Hive), he is part of a deadly combination with the Illusions since they can teleport him right next to his next unwilling slave. He'll be vulnerable to commons but at least he can serve as an order marker sync and give you a lot of flexibility with a unique hero army. Very cool!

Vorex
This guy is speedy and potentially very deadly. He is more ranged limited than Deathwalker 8000 but the extra attack die means he can have some devastating turns and win a battle on his own. Your opponent will definitely have to be careful with placement around him! I like that his life is low enough that it is a little bit of a risk to put him in range for the special attack. Should he miss, your opponent may just have the chance to kill him before he tries again. Do you intend that his breath can arc back to a hero that it had wounded earlier, or should it chain only to new targets?

Drake Pests
This is a very powerful build. Did you mean for them to have 3 range or is that a typo? While the range is low enough that they won't exactly be kiting (staying out of the threat range of the opponent while continuing to shoot them), they are still a fast and deadly force. Stealth dodge gives them some nice defense against range and the fact that they are so fact means they can easily close the distance. If the range is intentional, then they will likely be able to hold high ground in the process and make them an ever tougher challenge. I don't have much reference for points but I'd peg these guys to be well over 100 (possibly closer to 200) per squad.

Heinstrum Cousins
I like the gamble to these guys. More often than not it will blow up in your face but, if you can work out a deal in a multiplayer game, you can potentially have it work in both of your favors even if you "lose" the roll. I think designs for multiplayer Heroscape is an open area, especially since it's one of my favorite ways to play the game.

Aesier Evenwood
If he's a bard, why is he a battle mage instead of a bard? I think your wording is a little off on Bardic Inspiration, but I take it he can inspire someone in range before they make an attack roll or roll the 20-sided die. It's more powerful (although quite powerful to begin with) if he can do it after the fact. Cutting Words and Dissonant Whispers are both cool adaptations of the D&D powers, although the range on Dissonant Whispers is a little further than I'd expect. He's otherwise a very tough and strong bard, but I guess that was the character you were playing.

Very cool designs overall. Thank you for sharing!
Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:42 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

As someone who used to play 5e bards almost exclusively, I think you nailed the design on him. Aesier Evenwood is reeking of flavor and fun. Great job!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 27th, 2016, 02:24 AM

Talking Re: AKA_Sketch's Custom units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm glad you mustered your courage because these are some cool designs! I don't often comment on adaptations so I'll focus on your personal creations.
Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Twisting Illusions
These guys are really cool! They don't do much (except get killed quickly) on their own but Spacial Trickery gives you some powerful options for mobilizing a deadly hero. You may want to keep that power to only small or medium heroes since it can be a little complicated to suddenly place a double-based hero. Thematically, I don't quite see them for Utgar (Vydar?), as Ghosts (Illusions?), or even Marauders (Servants?), although they definitely are tricky. I see that they are a common squad but I have trouble seeing myself ever drafting any more than 1 squad of them so maybe consider making them unique. Otherwise these guys are ripe with potential of cool combos to set up and leave your opponent guessing. I like how they can choose to ignore the illusions or potentially waste attacks against them out of fear that a deadly hero may appear. In that vein, I'd consider having them lose the ability to make leaving engagement attacks themselves. Technically, if an opponent moves through one, they will take a leaving engagement attack (you can't be engaged with a figure in your own space) and then another if they then move away from it normally.
Alright, OK. I got you. I thought I had too many in Utgar too. All comments noted and will be put into play tomorrow, especially the engagement one; I totally missed that. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:

Idol of the Mind

This is another impressive design. I really like how his life is low enough that you may just have a chance to take him out even if you are forced to do it in melee. Presuming he can be moved (as opposed to the Marro Hive), he is part of a deadly combination with the Illusions since they can teleport him right next to his next unwilling slave. He'll be vulnerable to commons but at least he can serve as an order marker sync and give you a lot of flexibility with a unique hero army. Very cool!
Huh! I had thought of using the summoning glyph to move it around, but not the illusions. That's a deadly combo. In answer to the implicit question of "Is its placement permanent?" No, it is not, but the errata would be that it can't move on its own. As far as the combo goes, that's awesome, and until someone can tell me how that's a tremendous game-breaker with no possible strategy to get away from, it's staying (I'm SO using it against my little brother! lol.).

Quote:
Vorex
This guy is speedy and potentially very deadly. He is more ranged limited than Deathwalker 8000 but the extra attack die means he can have some devastating turns and win a battle on his own. Your opponent will definitely have to be careful with placement around him! I like that his life is low enough that it is a little bit of a risk to put him in range for the special attack. Should he miss, your opponent may just have the chance to kill him before he tries again. Do you intend that his breath can arc back to a hero that it had wounded earlier, or should it chain only to new targets?
No, his breath chain can only hit a figure once. That shall be clarified in-ability tomorrow along with the fixes to the Illusions. Again, Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Drake Pests
This is a very powerful build. Did you mean for them to have 3 range or is that a typo? While the range is low enough that they won't exactly be kiting (staying out of the threat range of the opponent while continuing to shoot them), they are still a fast and deadly force. Stealth dodge gives them some nice defense against range and the fact that they are so fact means they can easily close the distance. If the range is intentional, then they will likely be able to hold high ground in the process and make them an ever tougher challenge. I don't have much reference for points but I'd peg these guys to be well over 100 (possibly closer to 200) per squad.
Yes, the 3 range is meant to be indicative of a minor breath weapon; it is not a typo. I will change their pricing to reflect that imbalance. Or, I guess I could change their range to 1, hampering their abilities. Actually, both might be necessary. I'll let you all know tomorrow when I post the updates for Illusions, Vorex, and these guys. I'm actually surprised they're the OP ones here!

Quote:
Heinstrum Cousins
I like the gamble to these guys. More often than not it will blow up in your face but, if you can work out a deal in a multiplayer game, you can potentially have it work in both of your favors even if you "lose" the roll. I think designs for multiplayer Heroscape is an open area, especially since it's one of my favorite ways to play the game.
Heh, Thanks. It was kind of a joke card, but it's definitely become something I'd actually want to play. Thanks again!

Quote:
Aesier Evenwood
If he's a bard, why is he a battle mage instead of a bard? I think your wording is a little off on Bardic Inspiration, but I take it he can inspire someone in range before they make an attack roll or roll the 20-sided die. It's more powerful (although quite powerful to begin with) if he can do it after the fact. Cutting Words and Dissonant Whispers are both cool adaptations of the D&D powers, although the range on Dissonant Whispers is a little further than I'd expect. He's otherwise a very tough and strong bard, but I guess that was the character you were playing.
This one is a first draft. I tried to go for as much in-program stuff as I could, and for some reason I just didn't want to put Bard. As far as Dissonant Whispers goes, I was trying my hardest to convert 5e ranges (which would be crazy OP in Heroscape, 120 ft when a hex is 5ft across) to something more fitting to the Heroscape meta. He actually just got a stupid buff from a random encounter the DM made me roll for at the very beginning, bumping his Charisma to a whopping 25 with a new max of 30 (our party is literally made up of demigods and apparently I'm the farthest along to full godhood), which gives him even more Bardic Inspiration. I'm not complaining, but it does make his true Heroscape version unplayable due to crazy power. Will post an update with both a balanced version and a version of him at full power.

Quote:
Very cool designs overall. Thank you for sharing!
You're very much welcome! Thanks for your analysis of my designs!

TL;DR:
Thanks for the input and kind words. Will post an update of Twisting Illusions, Drake Pests, Vorex and both Aesier the Bard and Aesier the Demigod tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
As someone who used to play 5e bards almost exclusively, I think you nailed the design on him. Aesier Evenwood is reeking of flavor and fun. Great job!
Thanks for the compliment, fellow Bard! See above for possible changes in the future.

In the meantime, I'm making custom Heroscape Christmas presents again, and here's one of them so far. Thoughts?

Jesse McCree, from Overwatch:
Spoiler Alert!

Old November 27th, 2016, 09:49 PM

Here are the updates promised:
Twisting Illusions, with General, characteristics, and leaving engagement rules fixed:
Spoiler Alert!

Aesier the Bard, now with a range of 5 on Dissonant Whispers:
Spoiler Alert!

Aesier the OP Demigod (more of a joke than a real card, our campaign is OP and we shall be fighting OP monstrosities. This is a representation of Aesier at level 20):
Spoiler Alert!

Vorex, with clarified Stormbreath:
Spoiler Alert!

Drake Pests, with altered range and a pricetag of 160:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards