Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Tomb Skeletons

The Book of Tomb Skeletons

C3V Wave 3 - Vydar's Betrayal - Barbarians & Bones

Two of the figures used for this unit are Reaper figures from the Legendary Encounters line. The model names are Skeleton Spearman and Skeleton Swordsman.

The third figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder figure from the Pathfinder Battles: Heroes & Monsters set. Its model number and name is 7/Skeleton.

Character Bio: TBA

Quote:
FLANKING
When attacking with a Tomb Skeleton you control, if the defending figure is engaged with at least 1 other figure you control, it subtracts 1 from it's defense.

SKELETAL FORM
When rolling defense dice against an attack from a figure with a Range number of 4 or more that is not a Cleric or a Wizard, a Tomb Skeleton adds 1 die.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

- Zombie Hulk : PARALYZING FEAR
As Undead, the Tomb Skeleton may benefit from the Zombie Hulk's PARALYZING FEAR defense penalty when attacking other figures.

- WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
As guards, Tomb Skeletons may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- SKULL DEMON : Valkrill Attack Aura 1
As a squad who follows Valkrill with a Range of 1, Tomb Skeletons may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability
Synergy Benefits Offered

TBA
Synergy Imposed

- ANA KARITHON : Turn Undead Special Attack
As Undead, the Tomb Skeletons are subject to Ana Karithon's TURN UNDEAD SPECIAL ATTACK.

- CLERICS & WIZARDS : Skeletal Form
The Tomb Skeletons cannot receive their defense bonus from SKELETAL FORM against Clerics & Wizards with a range of 4 or more. Current Clerics and Wizards with a range of 4 or more include: Ana Karithon, Arkmer, Haduc, Talingul, and Ulginesh.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking- TBA
Their powers are nice but not enough to keep many competitive armies from hacking through these guys at great speed. C+

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; January 22nd, 2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Tomb Skeletons

Should I put up an Imposing Synergies as well (for the Clerics and Wizards)? I have seen it once or twice in the original books, but I'm not sure what C3V's stand on it is.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Should I put up an Imposing Synergies as well (for the Clerics and Wizards)? I have seen it once or twice in the original books, but I'm not sure what C3V's stand on it is.
Certainly.
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:51 PM

Added the Imposing Synergies!

Edit: Added PDF as well.

Last edited by Fi Skirata; March 29th, 2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These guys remind me of the old Jason and the Argonauts movie with the claymation skeletons.

I am really interested to see how this version of skeletons does as a massive swarm army. I really liked the first set of skeletons and will be hard pressed to move my affection to these ones.

Last edited by Tiranx; April 26th, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:22 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just answered my own question. I played my son in a game of Heroscape tonight where I played 6 squads of Tomb Skeletons with a few heroes.

What I found is that they work really good. They function especially well with a highly mobile hero. The hero I used was one of my customs that gains temoporary flight, but some official figures that I could see doing really well would be:

-any dragon
-A Theracus + hero passenger
-Wyrmlings
-Air Elementals
-Sujoah
-Wyvern
-vampirs

or figures with mobility abiliies like disengage, phantom walk, telaportation, etc. That are easily manuevered adjacent to the opponents figures and the Tomb Skeletons kicking off Flanking.

A lot more fun in mass than I thought they would be.

Last edited by Tiranx; May 14th, 2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I just answered my own question. I played my son in a game of Heroscape tonight where I played 6 squads of Tomb Skeletons with a few heroes.

What I found is that they work really good. They function especially well with a highly mobile hero. The hero I used was one of my customs that gains temoporary flight, but some official figures that I could see doing really well would be:

-any dragon
-A Theracus + hero passenger
-Wyrmlings
-Air Elementals
-Sujoah
-Wyvern
-vampirs

or figures with mobility abiliies like disengage, phantom walk, telaportation, etc. That are easily manuevered adjacent to the opponents figures and the Tomb Skeletons kicking off Flanking.

A lot more fun in mass than I thought they would be.
Of those possibilities, I'd venture to guess that Theracus + either Tandros Kreel or Thorgrim would be the best choice. With three hexes, they can engage more. With Thorgrim, Theracus sticks around longer. With Tandros, engaged figures can only attack him. In both cases, an order marker to get one attack from Theracus or the hero isn't usually the best choice, so the heroes are just there to take damage and give the skeletons the chance to flank.

The thing I often look at when designing customs is, "Why can this unit do this and another can't?" For me, it doesn't make a lot of sense that the Tomb Skeletons are the only unit in the game that can flank. But that's just my opinion.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The thing I often look at when designing customs is, "Why can this unit do this and another can't?" For me, it doesn't make a lot of sense that the Tomb Skeletons are the only unit in the game that can flank. But that's just my opinion.
The Goblin Cutters have a very similar power (it simply requires two other goblins to be engaged).

I'm mostly just unsure what to think of these guys. They seem balanced, but what's their purpose? Any insights C3V gents?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I'm mostly just unsure what to think of these guys. They seem balanced, but what's their purpose? Any insights C3V gents?
The Tomb Skellies aren't a unit I would use competitively, but when playtesting or playing with friends I would use them. The appeal for me is how inexpensive they are. If you are playing a 200 point game, you could have 15 Tomb Skeletons! Warden 816 helps them out, and Flanking comes into play more often than you'd think, again because you can afford so many skeletons.

I'm not sure about their true "purpose", and I have only played 3 games with them, but they have been fun and that's enough for me.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I can't speak to their purpose since they were nearly finalized by the time I got involved in stuff, but they seem to be to be sort of a filler squad. Or maybe their purpose is more thematic than functional: the game now has a cheap skeleton squad option, something it previously lacked.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
The Tomb Skellies aren't a unit I would use competitively, but when playtesting or playing with friends I would use them. The appeal for me is how inexpensive they are. If you are playing a 200 point game, you could have 15 Tomb Skeletons! Warden 816 helps them out, and Flanking comes into play more often than you'd think, again because you can afford so many skeletons.

I'm not sure about their true "purpose", and I have only played 3 games with them, but they have been fun and that's enough for me.
Yeah, I played against them when playing awesomeunleashed online and they seem fun, just kinda boring, IMO. They are dirt cheap, but that's really the only allure I could find to them.

Oh well, I'm sure someone will come up with something. ^_^

Edit: Just saw caps' post:
Quote:
I can't speak to their purpose since they were nearly finalized by the time I got involved in stuff, but they seem to be to be sort of a filler squad. Or maybe their purpose is more thematic than functional: the game now has a cheap skeleton squad option, something it previously lacked.
I suppose the filler theory could be correct. I had guessed something along those lines, but guessing does little.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, they're not as interesting from an army building perspective, but as bad guys for a scenario or a dungeon crawl they're invaluable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs