Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
The Book of Frost Giant of Morh

The Book of Frost Giant of Morh

Moltenclaw's Invasion – Collection D3 – Icewind Scourge

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the HeroScapers Gallery or Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio (from front page): The Frost Giant of Morh terrorizes the battlefield with his mighty Ax. This thematic giant relies on his Battle Frenzy and Indomitable will to wreak havoc on the opposing army. Should he ever fall, the final swing of his ax can take down those foolish enough to swarm him.

A: No, Dying Swipe can only activate when the Frost Giant of Morh is attacked by a normal attack and receives enough wounds to be destroyed. However, Dying Swipe can still hit those around him even if a non-adjacent figure is the one who attacked him.

Q: How do Uncommon Heroes work?
A: See The Book of Feral Troll, Clarifications section

Synergy Benefits Received
Ornak: Red Flag of Fury:
As an Uncommon (considered Unique) hero that follows Utgar, Frost Giant of Morh may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
-N/A
Terrain Benefits and Penalties Received
-N/A

Frost Giant Wave D3 Speculation

Changes in the Base Size
Power Rankings

Jexik: Frost Giant of Morh- He'd be cool if he could get more attacks reliably and if he could actually hurt Q9 with dying swipe. C+

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 6 (83/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Uncommonly good
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Frost Giant of Morh

He looks like he will definetly be worth his points. 7 move/6 attack depending on the cercumstances is pretty good. Dying swipe will make you opponet think twice before engaging him with a low life/high defense hero with him or swarming him with a squad. Battle Frenzy is just a bonus All that=I LIKE HIM!
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Karrde is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Frost Giant of Morh may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.-

As the Frost Giant is an uncommon hero, seems like he wouldn't get this synergy.
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrde View Post
Quote:
As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Frost Giant of Morh may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.-

As the Frost Giant is an uncommon hero, seems like he wouldn't get this synergy.
Uncommon = Unique.

Are we still arguing about this? Seriously?
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Uncommon = Unique.

My bad. Must've missed that discussion. Can you point me to the thread(s)?
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uncommon = Unique.

Only every other Book of an Uncommon...so how about the original?
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uncommon = Unique.

DnD rulebook, page 19 in the Glossary under "Uncommon."
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Only every other Book of an Uncommon...so how about the original?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
DnD rulebook, page 19 in the Glossary under "Uncommon."
Thanks for both the responses, but I think I'm going to go with the one that's only a click away.

------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Btw, this was only a lesson to remind onlookers to read the entire Book and never doubt our esteemed authors!

Last edited by Karrde; November 9th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
As a unique uncommon hero that follows Utgar, Frost Giant of Morh may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.-

Fixed

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

I just used him yesterday in a battle with one of my friends. He met all of my expectations and was very useful. I took out my opponets Venoc Warlord, Moltenclaw, and Syvarris with him and he still had two life left. His seven move is very useful and I was able to charge the Venoc Warlord and engage him quickly. Once engaged His Seven attack made short work of the Venoc Warlord. His nine heighth gives him an edge since their are plenty of figures with an heighth of eight, but a lot less with a heighth of nine or higher. His heighth of nine will let him be a little more competitive against dragons like Mirming and Charos.
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
I just used him yesterday in a battle with one of my friends. He met all of my expectations and was very useful. I took out my opponets Venoc Warlord, Moltenclaw, and Syvarris with him and he still had two life left. His seven move is very useful and I was able to charge the Venoc Warlord and engage him quickly. Once engaged His Seven attack made short work of the Venoc Warlord. His nine heighth gives him an edge since their are plenty of figures with an heighth of eight, but a lot less with a heighth of nine or higher. His heighth of nine will let him be a little more competitive against dragons like Mirming and Charos.
The actual height of the figure is not used to determine height advantage, only the hexes they stand on (One exception is extreme height advantage which does factor in height of the target).

EDIT: It is counter-intuitive but those are the rules. You can house rule differently of course but a knight one hex higher than Jotun has height advantage.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The move bonus and only being a one hex figure makes him very maneuverable for a huge figure, especially when climbing. I always seem to come up 1 move short with two-hexers. This release has really nice heroes at 140, throw in Evar and you got an awesome royal rumble. Really fun to play and a great sculpt.
I just got a little sad thinking about this being the final release. Must roll some skulls today!! 'Scape on. Go Blue. peace...

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units