Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 19th, 2020, 02:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I agree about the wraith, I usually used them early to get into position as a way-point, but getting the attackers in position was the sacrifice. I think Att 3 is warranted. I’ve also considered a “passive” phase movement ability to get them into position without sacrificing the turn with the “attackers”. What are your thoughts on that?
Don't complicate the faction. A passive move power would do exactly that. Make them at least somewhat worthwhile to activate, and they fit neatly into the faction.
thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I think these changes are good and I'll see how they measure up with a handful of playtests.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 17th, 2020, 08:02 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Recently picked up the Buccaneers and was able to gain a little inspiration on this custom.

The treasure glyph piece is a unique design space that is similar to Locksley and so I think there is precedent here for adding it, as well, it's very thematic and nods back to the fact he's got a skeletal hand.

As a Captain he's got an ability to direct his scalawags and he's got a heavy-lead, short-range flintlock ranged attack that is thematic for the mini and has a drawback to indicate the finicky-ness of those older ball and powder guns that could sometimes blow up in your face.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 17th, 2020, 08:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

My only question is what treasure glyphs does he start with? Who picks them and when?
Old March 18th, 2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
My only question is what treasure glyphs does he start with? Who picks them and when?
Well, it would really be up to the player. The player bringing him could come to the game/tourney with the treasure glyphs they are going to use and place them on his card before the game starts. Do you see issues with that?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 12th, 2020, 11:38 PM

Alright...been mulling things over with A-N and decided to give him a facelift. I kinda felt like without the other half of what was originally his Sustained by Blood ability, his design and theme just didn't feel "right". That, and Quadruple attack does seem a bit much and scary and all the things people in testing would probably be worried about (though he was fine in my own testing). So I decided to lean into his theme a little more as a frenzied demon. Here's what I've got.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 13th, 2020, 10:51 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Alright...been mulling things over with A-N and decided to give him a facelift. I kinda felt like without the other half of what was originally his Sustained by Blood ability, his design and theme just didn't feel "right". That, and Quadruple attack does seem a bit much and scary and all the things people in testing would probably be worried about (though he was fine in my own testing). So I decided to lean into his theme a little more as a frenzied demon. Here's what I've got.
I like this new direction, with two changes. First, merge Sustained into Bloodthirsty. There's no reason to make it a separate power. Second, increase his basic attack to 5. He only has a single attack, and it makes for real choices to use Bloodthirsty or not.
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I like this new direction, with two changes. First, merge Sustained into Bloodthirsty. There's no reason to make it a separate power. Second, increase his basic attack to 5. He only has a single attack, and it makes for real choices to use Bloodthirsty or not.
Good points! Thanks for the feedback as always!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:18 PM

I agree. I like it a lot more this way.

Also...a few updates to others I'm working on.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 14th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the latest version of the Shadow Stalker. Shadow Wraith is more problematic, potentially. Might be too easy to use stacking defense boosts.
Old April 14th, 2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I like the latest version of the Shadow Stalker. Shadow Wraith is more problematic, potentially. Might be too easy to use stacking defense boosts.
How could I limit it to only ever getting +1 even if they’re next to multiple? Is it the “at least one” clause?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 14th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Shifting Shadow is too low of a D20 roll for a common that can easily get a boost to that roll. 50/50 is a pretty good chance in heroscape, and I think that you should be aiming for the average requirement to be that 50/50 chance. I imagine that since these guys are serving the same purpose as Gladiatrons, they are your front line, which means that they are at the center of the action. Since all the shadows get boosted by being near each other, and most of the shadows are melee, getting +2 is not uncommon. This is a long winded way of saying that it should be a 12 -13 or higher, and not a 10 or higher.

You could also do the opposite of the Gladiatron route, and give additional defense, but based on the adjacent shadows. That would avoid Isamu/Spiderman issues.
Old April 14th, 2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Shifting Shadow is too low of a D20 roll for a common that can easily get a boost to that roll. 50/50 is a pretty good chance in heroscape, and I think that you should be aiming for the average requirement to be that 50/50 chance. I imagine that since these guys are serving the same purpose as Gladiatrons, they are your front line, which means that they are at the center of the action. Since all the shadows get boosted by being near each other, and most of the shadows are melee, getting +2 is not uncommon. This is a long winded way of saying that it should be a 12 -13 or higher, and not a 10 or higher.

You could also do the opposite of the Gladiatron route, and give additional defense, but based on the adjacent shadows. That would avoid Isamu/Spiderman issues.

Well not really Gladiatron. The units they grapple just can't disengage, but are free to move around them. You're probably right on the roll. Increasing the roll will also require more dependency on staying close together, whereas right now they could probably go off solo without getting a buff. For now I'll playtest it as-is though because the 2 defense was intentional to make them rather easy to kill once their roll fails.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards