Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 31st, 2019, 06:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Personally I think of the declaration of movement as part of the movement, so once it's declared and the swipe is rolled for, I think the "before moving" phase has ended. May just be me, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 31st, 2019, 08:18 PM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

@PaladinAtticus Could you show me the card when you're done with it? Sounds interesting.
Old March 31st, 2019, 08:23 PM

@IAmBatman I see.
Old March 31st, 2019, 08:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with IAmBatman's interpretation.

I personally think of leaving engagement attacks as occurring on the way to the next space (even if this interpretation causes some problems elsewhere, I find that it helps to visualize everything), so you can't take a leaving engagement attack without committing to the move, at which point the time for healing would've already passed.
Old March 31st, 2019, 09:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Can confirm. You only take a disengage while moving, so you had to use all "before moving" abilities before then. You would not be able to heal a leaving engagement attack's wound.
Old April 4th, 2019, 01:09 AM

Can Mogrimm or Sonlen use Commander's Strike / Dragon Swoop on figures that are not adjacent to them while they themselves are engaged with an enemy?
Old April 4th, 2019, 01:16 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yes. Special Powers are not subject to engagement rules like Special Attacks are.
Old April 4th, 2019, 06:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A better way to put that, since special attacks [I]are[I] special powers, might be that only attacks (normal or special) are subject to engagement rules. Commander’s Strike and Dragon Swoop are not attacks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 4th, 2019, 08:27 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Question about the difference between targeting and attacking:

I know that the Nakitas ruling states that if you have targeted a figure but not yet rolled any dice and they become an invalid target, you are allowed to change your target to a different figure. This does, however, imply that Smoke Powder occurs during a phase of play that occurs before actual attacks, and that other powers theoretically could as well.

I'm working on a power for a custom unit, and my question is what would happen if the game state changed during this targeting phase without making the target invalid? Basically, does any change in game state allow the attacker to change their mind on who to target, or is it only changes in game state that make their initial target invalid?
Old April 4th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Are you asking about the Mines of Moria? Because I would not take the road through Moria, unless I had no other choice.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 4th, 2019, 08:44 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Since there is no official precedent where targeting can change due to a game state change that did not cause invalidity, I would think that the target cannot be changed. However, creating a power that reads something like...

BEND THE MATRIX
When Super Agent the Planetary Destroyer or any other figure you control is targeted for an attack, you may move Super Agent the Planetary Destroyer up to 4 spaces. You may only use this power once per turn.

...is probably a bad idea anyway.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 4th, 2019, 09:01 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If the targeting phase is the Mines of Moria, then the Nakitas are the Balrog and we've known them for years. My read is that there isn't another viable place for the power I'm thinking of to activate, since using it before attack dice are rolled is important to the decision-making of it. And it certainly isn't figure movement or bonding or anything wild like that, so it doesn't seem like a rules nightmare to me.

It sounds, though, like there isn't an official or semi-official answer, so it seems like I can rule it however I like. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's