Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
The Book of Green Lantern (John Stewart)

The Book of Green Lantern (John Stewart)

C3G DC WAVE 4
FIGHT AGAINST FEAR

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #082-084 / Green Lantern.

Character Bio - John Stewart is an architect and veteran U.S. Marine who was selected by the Guardians as Hal Jordan’s backup after Guy Gardner was seriously injured. Although Jordan objected after seeing that Stewart had a belligerent attitude to authority figures, the Guardians stood by their selection. After Jordan gave up being Green Lantern, the Guardians selected Stewart for full time duty. Stewart filled that role for some years, during which time he married Katma Tui, the Green Lantern of the planet Korugar who was initially assigned to train John in the use of his ring. Because of his dedication to the Corps over the years and his mentoring to Kyle Rayner when Kyle was the only Green Lantern, John was named as a Honor Guard Lantern upon the rebuilding of the Green Lantern Corps.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Green Lantern, Green Lantern has these Green Lantern Synergies.
  • As a Human, Green Lantern has these Human Synergies.
  • As an Officer, Green Lantern has these Officer Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Green Power Battery special power, green Battery Markers may be placed on Green Lantern's Army Card by Jade's Starheart Recharge special power.
  • As a figure with Battery Markers, Green Lantern has these Battery Marker Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-
  • As a flying figure, Green Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Green Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Green Power Battery special power, Green Lantern is susceptible to Fatality's Green Lantern Retribution special power.
  • As a figure that starts with green Battery Markers on its card, Green Lantern is susceptible to a Manhunter's Green Power Drain special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by tcglkn; February 10th, 2022 at 11:04 AM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Lantern John Stewart - Brainstorming Phase

NAME = GREEN LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN STEWART

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OFFICER
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 340

GREEN POWER BATTERY 3
Start the game with 3 green Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Green Lantern’s Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each green Battery Marker on this card.

GREEN SHIELD STRIKE
Anytime this Green Lantern or an adjacent, friendly figure is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may remove one green Battery Marker from this card and ignore that attack. When this Green Lantern removes a green Battery Marker to ignore a normal attack from a figure adjacent to this Green Lantern, the attacking figure receives one wound.

GREEN BASKET CARRY
Before moving, you may choose one unengaged friendly small or medium figure for each green Battery Marker on this card. Chosen figures must be within 2 clear sight spaces of this Green Lantern and they cannot have the Flying special power. After moving, place each chosen figure adjacent to this Green Lantern.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I thought John Stewart was going to have a Carry type 3rd power. Maybe that was someone else.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nah, it was just someone else's design for John ... (*cough*cough*). But I got beaten to the punch on the draft.
I really like the Green Shield Defense as a departure from the Green Power Shield. It adds a little extra "punch" and helps this GL stand out.
I could go either way with the Survival Training one, but I know you love it.
I think a move of 4 is too low for this guy. No reason he should be significantly slower than the others at full power. They all start at 9 and I think Hal only drops to 5 when he's depowered fully. No reason the move should be lower than 5, and I think there's plenty of justification for 6 as well.
I really do like the Green Basket Carry power that allows you to carry multiple figs. I don't mind if it ends up on some other Lantern than John, though. I guess my one question is, though, which one? Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Killowog, and even Jade (much more important things are going to go on her card, trust me!) are all out. So who does that leave us with?
My ideal card here would scrap Survival Training and go with Green Basket Carry (carry 2 non-fliers). But that's just me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old August 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Green Shield Defense is pretty cool, but I'm not feeling the Survival Training power, even though it is a cool name.

What is the real motivation for that power on him?
I mean sure he's a tough dude without the ring but he's still only human, not an enhanced human like Captain America or a highly martial arts trained ninja.

I'm not feeling it, & probably would prefer the carry basket that 2 out of 3 respondents suggested in the brainstorming.

Cheers
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Green Shield Defense is pretty cool, but I'm not feeling the Survival Training power, even though it is a cool name.

What is the real motivation for that power on him?
I mean sure he's a tough dude without the ring but he's still only human, not an enhanced human like Captain America or a highly martial arts trained ninja.

I'm not feeling it, & probably would prefer the carry basket that 2 out of 3 respondents suggested in the brainstorming.

Cheers
John is a marine, that is the reason for Survival Training. Basically, it allows him some form of counter-strike at all times. I listened to others, but I just don't see John as any more of a chauffeur, than Kyle, Hal, or Guy. If anything, militarily, he is the most well-trained.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am sorry, but weakened counterstrike is not a better fit here as opposed to the basket carry. The BC is more fun and more thematic, and something that I could know for certain that I am gonna use every game as part of my game strategy.

I want the Basket Carry for sure.
Old August 28th, 2010, 01:03 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... that seems like 4-1 in favor of the Basket Carry so far ...

Old August 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Shouldn't the base attack and defense of 4 be enough to indicate his Marine training. I mean he'd be the only Human GL that would be worth a crap without his Battery Markers as he'd still be able to fly and attack with 4 or 5 with height and defend likewise. The Survival Training power relies on him being out of Battery Markers for one, so it has a possibility of never being used sometimes as GLs can die with Battery Markers still on their card by whiffing vs. a 2 skull attack or even vs. a 1 skull attack because you're not going to burn a Battery Marker vs. a 1 or 2 skull attack. Also, if he lives to the point of no Battery Markers, an opponent's figure with range will totally bypass Survival Training and kill him with a ranged attack. So to me, it would be a very situational/limited third power for him and I'd never draft him. I'd draft Kilowog, Guy, Kyle or Hal instead.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, base stats of 4/4 are enough to represent that training IMO as well. Weak counterstrike is not only boring, but not very useful either. However, a basket carry is something John does all the time, and it is something that we could really use.
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm ... that seems like 4-1 in favor of the Basket Carry so far ...
*cough*

Old August 29th, 2010, 02:29 AM
C3G's First Fan

Yeah, yeah. So John, a hoorah Marine, is gonna be the soccer mom of the GLs. (*sigh*) Fine. I will change it. Do you guys have any wording suggestions on wording? Should it burn a battery Marker?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library