Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 28th, 2017, 11:39 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah monthly

Another one in the books! Thanks to everyone who came out and played (especially the Idahoans; what a journey!), you all are a great bunch. I didn't do so hot, but had a great time. I may do a battle report, just because I had so much fun with The Varja ! And it was our biggest turnout yet! Let's keep that going

The details for April's monthly have been hammered out, and are as follows:
Old March 28th, 2017, 11:39 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

UTAH MONTHLY April 2017

When: April 29th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: Had a lot of ideas thrown our way. Some people wanted standard size armies, normal format. Some people wanted some unique formats. In the end we decided on this - yes, it'd be nice to get back to basics, yet we like our "wonky" formats. So we came up with a way to please all parties - themes! You get an extra 50 points to build with if your army follows a credible theme. All human army, all Aquilla army, all medium sized figure army, all hero army, etc. Be creative, but be aware of when you're reaching too hard ("all my units have two arms" army won't cut it) or are too boring ("all my units come from classic Heroscape" won't cut it). Of course, if you don't want to bother with a theme at all, and just want to throw an army together, go for it. You'll only be missing out on 10% extra points anyway

- 500 point armies BUT an extra 50 points allowed if you have a "theme" to your army
- 24 figure limit (we don't discriminate against Marrden Hounds)
- At least one 50+ point unique required
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed.
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Common +1, Unique +1
- Four 50 minute rounds
- If you show up, and no one else is mirroring the same theme as you, you'll be entered into a raffle for a cool prize.

RESULTS
1st,4-0 @BiggaBullfrog - Japanese x2 Ashigaru Harquebus, x3 Ashigaru Yari, Kato Katsuro, Kozuke Samurai, and Isamu as a cheerleader
2nd, 3-1 @The Dewk - Cybernetic x3 Havech Eradicators, x2 Deathreavers, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
3rd, 3-1 @Sir Heroscape - Utgar I didn't get the full build, but I know Skeletons of Annellintia led by Iskra was no joke!
4th, 3-1 @Leaf_It - Vipers Venoc Warlord, x3 Venoc Vipers, x3 Armoc Vipers, Elite Onyx Vipers
5th, 2-2 Lady Heroscape - Einar x4 10th Regiment, Marcus, Kaemon Awa, Guilty
6th, 2-2 @DaDude - Scaley x2 Fen Hydra, x4 Venoc Vipers, Venoc Warlord, White Wyrmling
7th, 2-2 @Starling_ - Vydar Nakita Agents, Krav Maga Agents, Major Q10, Blastatrons
8th, 1-3 @Saints_Wrath Omnicrons Omegacron and his cronies (really glad I didn't get paired up here)
9th, 1-3 @podunksarmy Queen's Guard Not 100% on this one, but Sudema, x6 Drow Chainfighter, x? Crypt Guardian
10th, 0-x DeathStryker Elementals He had to leave after one round, which is a shame, but he was rocking all of the little elementals with Kurrok
11th, 0-x Heber Wild had to leave in the middle of round one, which is a bummer because I really wanted to see what his build could do. x3 Dreadgul Raiders, Jotun, Valguard, Guilty McCreech

Maps

Thy Kindness Freezes by @Dignan (normal snow and ice)

A Stone's Throw by @Darkmage7a

The Borogoves by @Typhon2222

Vulcan by @mad_wookiee

Savage Corridor by @Nomad

Jotun's Gap by @Dignan

Fossil by @R˙chean

Swamp Helix by @dok

This same post is on the very front page of the thread, for convenience sake.

Last edited by The Dewk; May 18th, 2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Seems like a cool format. I was just thinking it would be cool to go back to basics, and this does a nice job of doing that with a simple twist. Great idea, Dewk! I've got a couple ideas already, like:

Raelin
Q9
Kaemon
Rats x4
Isamu
550 pts/20 figs
Theme: "I want my opponent to cry"

Really though, I think this will be a fun format with tons of cool themes. And I really enjoy that you're throwing in the theme raffle prizes. Thanks for your hard work, The Dewk!!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; March 30th, 2017 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Now for the really hard part: thinking of an army that Scaperedude won't be using...
Old March 31st, 2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Seems like a cool format. I was just thinking it would be cool to go back to basics, and this does a nice job of doing that with a simple twist. Great idea, Dewk! I've got a couple ideas already, like:

Raelin
Q9
Kaemon
Rats x4
Isamu
550 pts/20 figs
Theme: "I want my opponent to cry"

Really though, I think this will be a fun format with tons of cool themes. And I really enjoy that you're throwing in the theme raffle prizes. Thanks for your hard work, The Dewk!!
Hahaha I think I'm going to bring my Omegacron + Repulsors army as a backup, just in case you aren't kidding
Old April 4th, 2017, 02:40 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

So. Looks like these Utah monthlies are always the last Saturday of the month? I've been too busy so far this year (including April, sorry), but I'd like to come for May (host, even, if y'all are okay with that, haven't done it for four-and-a-half years). The April date is International Tabletop Day, BTW.

Old April 4th, 2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
So. Looks like these Utah monthlies are always the last Saturday of the month? I've been too busy so far this year (including April, sorry), but I'd like to come for May (host, even, if y'all are okay with that, haven't done it for four-and-a-half years). The April date is International Tabletop Day, BTW.

International Tabletop Day
Yep, that's what we've been aiming for - the last Saturday of each month. Please join us whenever you can! And as for hosting May's event, that's all right with me!

Heh, and I guess we planned our April Monthly appropriately. What better way to celebrate a tabletop game day than with Heroscape?
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:20 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We'd love to have you host, @UtahScott !! It will be great to have you on the scene again! I keep telling these new Utah guys about the old times and how you were the host-in-chief back in the day!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 5th, 2017, 11:48 PM

My battle report is a bit late this time, but better late than never right?

Bigga’s Battle Report: May Monthly - Tag Teams

Preparing for a team format was super fun. In the couple games that I was able to playtest beforehand I realized pretty quickly that armies with a strong defense really shined. The first army I was thinking of playing was:

M-43 Resistance Fighters x3
Jarek Guy
Otonashi
305 Points/11 Figures

I love playing the Mariedians, but this army just wasn’t able to hold its own. When playing against two other players, if your figures can’t take much punishment then they won’t last very long. And though I play for fun more than to be outright competitive, I did want to play a stronger army so that my teammates wouldn’t think that being my partner meant they would automatically lose. So I thought of a couple other armies, my favorites including:

Warforged Soldiers x3
Zettian Guards

Warforged Soldiers x2
Major Q10

Heavy Gruts x2
Grimnak
Nerak

If you can’t tell, I really enjoy playing the Warforged. They’re my favorite unit in the game. I also really enjoy Heavy Gruts. They’re my second favorite squad. But I have already played Warforged and Heavies in tournaments before (Warforged twice), and I wanted to try something different. I also wanted a versatile army — While melee armies are my favorite, I wanted to be able to complement whatever army I was paired with. So I ended up looking to a very versatile army that can mix its function efficiently:

BiggaBullfrog’s Army
Mohican River Tribe x3
Brave Arrow
Me-Burq-Sa
310 Points/11 Figures

Mohicans can play the range game or the melee game, meaning that I could take either position depending on what army I was teamed up with. I also would have enough figures with good enough defensive abilities that I would be able to hang in throughout the game. And, you know, MBS is always solid cleanup.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

I really enjoyed this team format! It was new, allowed for different strategies, and was a totally unique experience that I haven’t had before playing ‘Scape! It was also cool to see what the meta favored (like the Minions/Atlaga army I kept hearing terror tales about). I totally think we should keep it as a semi-regular event. We do need to do some fine-tuning for it (such as issues that The Dewk had with playing with a teammate only once, or True only playing with a teammate twice and playing on just two of the maps), but I think it’s a format we should definitely put the effort into!

Thanks everyone for the games and the great time, and I’m looking forward to meeting you on the field of battle come April 29th! (Or whenever we next meet if it’s before or after that)

(Speaking of the 29th, as always @The Dewk , let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I'm pretty sure I'll be throwing in some prize support too)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; April 6th, 2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Holy typos, Batman! That's the last time I post from an iPod...
Old April 6th, 2017, 10:32 AM

I'm glad I have posted my battle reports before you in the past, @BiggaBullfrog , as yours are always so fun, hilarious, and intriguing, it makes mine look pretty mediocre!
Mohicans were a stellar choice - versatile and powerful. Congrats on placing so well with them!

I agree that we need to revisit this format; it was super fun, and I got to interact with more different players (and unit types!) than I normally would. Let's get together and tweak it sometime in the near future

Last edited by The Dewk; April 7th, 2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old April 6th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

How general are you going with the theme? If I want my theme to be all units from one general does that work? Or can a theme be, they ALL synergies together?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:26 AM

Simply use your good judgement and discretion. As posted in the event details above:

"All human army, all Aquilla army, all medium sized figure army, all hero army, etc. Be creative, but be aware of when you're reaching too hard ("all my units have two arms" army won't cut it) or are too boring ("all my units come from classic Heroscape" won't cut it)."

Does this mean you're thinking about joining us again this month, @Sir Heroscape ?
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@TIM0THY , this is where you want to be for Utah games. Everyone, welcome TIM0THY the guy from Ogden that wants to join the ranks.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events