Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old February 1st, 2010, 09:32 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The General Vibe

Well, it seems obvious to me that a lot of people don't really have a problem with the current way things work. We've struck a kind of balance - jackasses cause trouble, they get smacked down. BGG has a balance - anyone does anything that doesn't conform, they get suspended and their thread gets locked. I just don't really like either balance, and think there's a good in-between area where we are welcoming, yet tolerant of more extreme personalities.

Maybe a poll isn't an entirely bad idea, though I don't much care for polls. Because I think that maybe the people who like this place rough are a heck of a lot more likely to post in this particular thread, while some of those who wish it was a little more friendly are hesitant to stick their heads up and get smacked in the eye.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old February 1st, 2010, 09:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

But the Jack-Assery wouldn't be tolerated there either...so maybe we can hit that middle ground by reducing that.
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Anything that the admins do on BGG, I want to do opposite.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:59 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Awesome.

Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:02 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
But the Jack-Assery wouldn't be tolerated there either...so maybe we can hit that middle ground by reducing that.
Jackassery and douchebaggery are irreducible constants in this world. Any time you push it back one place, it grows somewhere else.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:12 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I think this place does just fine...sometimes I feel like it protects the tards a bit too much to be honest. But a touch of overprotection is good at times, keeps us mindful we need to be somewhat kind. But you know, I don't think I have ever gotten nasty with anyone over here who I did not believe deserved it.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:50 AM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker

It's always been my assumption that most of the tards and clueless newbies here are 9-year-old kids whose parents give them too much internet freedom. If my 9-year-old's Internet access wasn't controlled, I'm sure he'd be on this site by now looking pretty silly.

So I hope everyone can continue to tread lightly on them. Sure, they can use some firm correction and direction at times, all 9-year-olds do, but I wouldn't want to dampen their love of the game.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
It's always been my assumption that most of the tards and clueless newbies here are 9-year-old kids whose parents give them too much internet freedom. If my 9-year-old's Internet access wasn't controlled, I'm sure he'd be on this site by now looking pretty silly.

So I hope everyone can continue to tread lightly on them. Sure, they can use some firm correction and direction at times, all 9-year-olds do, but I wouldn't want to dampen their love of the game.
I agree with your sentiment, but I doubt being made fun of on a website will dampen anyone's enjoyment of a related game. I've seen a few kids that said something along the lines of "Thanks for making me not want to play Heroscape ever again." That's just being an attention-deprived drama queen, IMO.

Old February 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Nano*22 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Well, it seems obvious to me that a lot of people don't really have a problem with the current way things work.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum. There is a problem with some people here on the site, and if there were another Heroscape forum that was close to as big as this one, I'd gladly sign up there and never log back into Heroscapers.com again, but oh well.

Selling: x3 Omicron Snipers, x3 Capuan Gladiators
PM me if interested.
Old February 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Man Genius

Thanks for contributing, Nano. I can't imagine it's easy to chime in on a thread like this if you're one of the people who would like to see some change.

Old February 4th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano*22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Well, it seems obvious to me that a lot of people don't really have a problem with the current way things work.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum. There is a problem with some people here on the site, and if there were another Heroscape forum that was close to as big as this one, I'd gladly sign up there and never log back into Heroscapers.com again, but oh well.
Relax man.

People were surprised because you asked a question which had already been answered by 5 separate people within 10 minutes of your posting it. You didn't read any of those responses, and then posted the exact same question again the next day in the same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 4th, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: That thread is super crazy, and is getting a ton of traffic- I think that's what makes it look like a dogpile sometimes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online