Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 10th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I think he means playing chess with Heroscape figures as the chess pieces. Zombie Pawns, Cyprien and Sonya as king and queen, Retchets as Knights, etc.

MegaSilver: Venoc Viper Pawns, Mittens as the King.
Jandar:
Drake and Raelin as king and queen. Dzu-teh as bishops. Templar Cavalry as knights. Greater Ice Elementals as rooks. Knighst of Weston as pawns.

Utgar:
Cyprien and Sonya as king and queen. Rechets as bishops. Grok Riders as knights. Ogre Warhulks as rooks. Marro Drones as pawns.

That's how I'd do it.

Old November 10th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I think he means playing chess with Heroscape figures as the chess pieces. Zombie Pawns, Cyprien and Sonya as king and queen, Retchets as Knights, etc.

MegaSilver: Venoc Viper Pawns, Mittens as the King.
Of course.
Old November 10th, 2014, 08:51 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Found this from a... not so old thread:
Old November 10th, 2014, 10:25 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Found this from a... not so old thread:
Umm... And so it begins, Heroscape chess league!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 11th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played my first game of Small World tonight and won 100, 76-56. Then played Tiny Epic Kingdoms and ended up 3rd due to resources tiebreaker, scores were 20, 14, 14, 11.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 11th, 2014, 04:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Acefrehly,

Howdy, neighbor! You're on Long Island? Do we know each other? Check out the Events thread and go to Plainview this Saturday for LIScape's monthly play date with Griznakh and the Gang. Come into Brooklyn Heights to play here!

PM either of us for more...
Old November 11th, 2014, 04:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just had a C&C Ancients Epic (2 Player) of Raphia (Successors of Alexander). It was fun getting CCA back on the table after two years, and this was the sixth of the eighteen Epic scenarios of it I have that I've managed to play (I've done all of the CCN regular scenarios, and that's over 100 games).

Eventually if I keep having more players around these days, we can rotate between Memoir 44 D-Day Landings, Epic Ancients, and Grand Bataille C&C Napoleonics when it comes out, hopefully in 2015. For now, see my idea of a four player CCN game by combining two regular games side by side on that bgg discussion board...

I'm not much into Eurogames myself, but I play light Wargames and Themed (Ameritrash) designs a lot, as well as with my 54mm toy soldiers (see the Other Miniatures thread).
Old November 11th, 2014, 08:51 AM

acefrehley Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Acefrehly,

Howdy, neighbor! You're on Long Island? Do we know each other? Check out the Events thread and go to Plainview this Saturday for LIScape's monthly play date with Griznakh and the Gang. Come into Brooklyn Heights to play here!

PM either of us for more...
Of course we know each other. I am the guy that played Quartermaster General with you and Griznahk in Plainview and discussed Age of Conan and Memoir 44 with you!!!
Old November 11th, 2014, 08:57 AM

ACE,

Aha, its you! Some guys have handles that don't reference their real name, and others don't visit the site much. I hope you'll be coming over to visit before next April. After that of course, we'll be playing more Age of Conan here, with expansion. Glad you'll be a potential player ally...or whatever.
Old November 11th, 2014, 10:05 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ha ha, Ace. My wife has a brother named David Hewett. He grew up in the 70's. So once we were talking to someone who lived in the same city as my wife's family around the same time, and he's about the same age as David. So we asked him if he ever knew a David Hewett. He said, "I never knew anyone named David Hewett, but I did know a kid named Ace Hewett."

David was a KISS fan and had apparently renamed himself in honor.
Old November 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Played my first game of Small World tonight and won 100, 76-56. Then played Tiny Epic Kingdoms and ended up 3rd due to resources tiebreaker, scores were 20, 14, 14, 11.
Hey I played my first game of Small World on Saturday! It was very enjoyable. We wound up playing 4 more of the next two days. I won 1 of 4 four-player games and another three-player game. I think it's going to take some time to learn when certain race combos are optimal.

Dwarfs are terrible.

Old November 11th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Hey I played my first game of Small World on Saturday! It was very enjoyable. We wound up playing 4 more of the next two days. I won 1 of 4 four-player games and another three-player game. I think it's going to take some time to learn when certain race combos are optimal.

Dwarfs are terrible.
My friend that taught the game had some cool large player aids that had the race abilities on one side and the other unique possible abilities on the other side. So that helped, as well as him explaining how things worked. After a couple rounds I got the hang of it and it worked out well.

The combinations are pretty neat and it seems like a lot of replayability with all the different combo possibilities.

Didn't get to try the Dwarfs.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games