Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old May 8th, 2014, 08:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: HexScape

I also have the source code for VirtualScape. I have different MSVSC++ libraries than Zzzz was apparently using, so getting it to compile has been a pain (I haven't messed with it in a few weeks). I should hit that up again. Have you compiled it yourself or made any adjustments to it, or just looked at the code to figure out how to read it into your Java applet?

This is really awesome, Lyrgard.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:33 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
The map in it were not made with the last version of VirtualSCape
The example maps weren't re-saved with the released version they came with? Groan. I rarely use VS, so didn't realize this.

It works with a newly created map. Cool.
I'm glad it worked. I was afraid it could be a bug Thanks for posting your problem !

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I also have the source code for VirtualScape. I have different MSVSC++ libraries than Zzzz was apparently using, so getting it to compile has been a pain (I haven't messed with it in a few weeks). I should hit that up again. Have you compiled it yourself or made any adjustments to it, or just looked at the code to figure out how to read it into your Java applet?

This is really awesome, Lyrgard.
I don't have any windows at home, so I didn't even try to compile the VirtualScape code, so I can't help you, sorry. I opened the sources files and read it to figure how to read the .hsc files. I also had to browse the MSVSC++ API online to know how it stores each type of variable in file the hardest part was to figure how CString are written)
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:45 PM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
Another issue just occurs when you look at the map from a flat angle. When I click on a figure while there are other tiles behind it, the figure is placed on the tile behind it right away. A way to solve this problem would be to only start moving the figure once the mouse was moved a certain distance, or the mouse was clicked for a certain time. Like that, whenever I just click a figure, it only gets selected and won't be accidentally moved some place else.
Yeah, I already knew the problem, and you analyzed it and proposed very correct solution to it ! Did you already work on 3D software ? I think I'll go the "wait till the mouse move a certain distance to begin moving" way (I guess some people could be clicking really slowly for the other way), what do you think ?
I've actually worked with lwjgl a bit, but it was only 2D software. I'd also go with the wait till the mouse moves approach because when I want to select the figure I would just click, and when I want to move the figure, I would click and drag.

Quote:
Also, HexScape will be an open source software, with source available on github. I already made the project there. For now, the sources on github are totally not up to date (I need to push a LOT of changes), but I started to use github to not the issues.

The ones you posted, plus others from the french forum can be found at https://github.com/lyrgard/HexScape/issues
This is great news!

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just a little post to saythat the project is absolutly not down ! I just struggled last week with some technical problem (some bugs in the framework I'm using) and it took me quite some time to get things straight !

(If you want to know, the 3D view was eating all Keyboard key events, so I was unable to type anything in the chat !)

I solved the problem today, and went on to add a chat functionnality, and dice rolls.

A screenshot to show the current state of HexScape :

What is left is the ability to put marker on cards (visible ones like wound markers, and hidden ones like order markers that can be revealed), and then, the big work to make it playable with two players over the network, and I think I'll be able to realse an usable alpha version.

Stay tuned
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Wow, looks great!
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see this up and running.
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This could be the coolest thing ever! I am very impressed.

Now to put this online somehow...
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:13 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

If this were to be used in the online tournaments I'm sure I would play more.

Looks great!

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old May 18th, 2014, 11:30 AM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart

Oh man, this looks amazing and I'd really look forward to this.

As it stands the Google Docs setup intimidates me and I still haven't played a single match on it.
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:10 AM

Thanks all for your enthusiasm ! I'm confident I'll be able to put this online, no problem. After all, developing softwares is what I do for a living (oh, but rest assured that HexScape will be totally free !)

The only problem, as said in my first post, will be to make the 3D models for all the figures in the game. I'll definitevely need some help there. Some of the reasons I will need help includes :

- I'm totally not an artist, and never worked with 3D software like blender/3dsmax

- There is a very big number of Heroscape Figures. I'll never see the end of it by myself (not even speaking about C3G, SV, and any custom you could want to add). Even if we begin with only one model per squad, it is still a lot of work.

- I don't play PC games, so my computer only has a ****ty graphic card, so I think editing 3D models will be quite a pain for me.

- I'm making HexScape mainly during my lunch break, it takes a lot of my available time already.

Thanks to the wonderfull work of Zzzzzz (the creator of VirtualScape), this version will contains all the figures from the MS1. The source of VirtualScape also contains 3D model for all the Wave 1, but in 3dsmax format, and I don't own this software.

After Wave1, we will need to make the 3D model ourselves. Xorlof pointed the website 123 Catch, and it should allow us to transform photos of figures into 3D Models. I tried it with Eltahale, and it works quite well. It just need a little work after to scale the 3D model and center it, but all the big work is done by 123 Catch.

The bright side is that ANY figure will be able to be used with HexScape. Even if you made moded figure, if you are able to make a 3D model of it, you'll be able to play it and share it on HexScape !

I'm very dedicated to this project, but I hope the community will give me some help on making the 3D Models. I won't be able to make it come true without you ^_^

For now, let me release an usable alpha version. When this version will come online, I'll then ask for volunteers to help me with the 3D Models.

- EDIT : also, if anyone already have experience with making 3D model from photo, I'll gladly hear about it !

Last edited by Lyrgard; May 19th, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:54 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

At my wife's office (design firm) they use a Kinect as a 3D scanner. I can ask her how they do it -- if anyone out there has a Kinect and a complete HS collection?
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Have collection, no Kinect

Edit: on second thought, I don't think I have any Greeks...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software