Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old July 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
New Site Style: "Discreet & Fast-loading"

Have you ever browsed Heroscapers.com at a time or place where you really shouldn't be on a game forum web site, you know. . . like at work or school?

Do you browse this site from a slow Internet connection or a hand held device?

If yes, then you will want to use our new "Discreet & Fast-loading" site style, available at the very bottom of every page in the "Page Layout/Style Options" drop-list.

Features:
  • dynamic wide width, because the fixed narrow format is a tip-off for a forum or blog site.
  • removed flashy page design images, avatars, and signatures
  • plain white background
  • muted colors
From a distance, these change makes the site appear much more like a text document, research web site, email program, or whatever it is that you should be working on instead feeding your 'Scapers addiction!

Thanks to Onacara for requesting this style in our DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas. (We really do read your ideas!)

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.

Last edited by funrun; July 10th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Site Style: "Discreet & Fast-loading"

Awesome! Thanks.

Old July 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Sweet!

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I don't have to worry about looking like I'm working; but I do appreciate, very, very much the improvement in load speed for the times when I have to use a slow dial-up connection. Thank you, funrun. This is wonderful for those times.
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I don't have to worry about looking like I'm working; but I do appreciate, very, very much the improvement in load speed for the times when I have to use a slow dial-up connection. Thank you, funrun. This is wonderful for those times.
I'm glad for this added benefit of the bare bones look. I am interested in knowing how much faster it is. I can tell on my highspeed connection that the page doesn't load in pieces, but I have no way to test how much faster it is on dial-up. Please let me know about how many seconds or times faster it is?

Since it is now obvious that the images are a main culprit in bogging down the site, I will keep an even closer eye on downsizing the pretty graphics files hextr1p gives me

funrun's HS Repaints
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Very discreet, funrun. Well Done!

Thanks, again, for all you do to keep this place the best community on the web!!!
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
Please let me know about how many seconds or times faster it is?
I'll set up a time trial tomorrow to give some good stats on this.
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This works great. I have already received two raises at work just by using the "Discreet & Fast-loading" site style as my bosses think I am actually working!

For those unaware ... I retired almost 7 years ago.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Nicely done, funrun, thanks!
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Its fantastic..thanks for listening...just one little tweak and it would be perfect. Can the green be toned down a bit?

(See guys once in a while I am more than just the class clown )

Last edited by Onacara; July 10th, 2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Its fantastic..thanks for listening...just one little tweak and it would be perfect. Can the green be toned down a bit?

The color can be anything, but I'm not sure what you mean by toned down? I did tone the colors more towards grey earlier today, and when I tone down the green I have to do the blue too or else they look unbalanced. I have seen it now on 3 monitors and it is not a bright color (perhaps it is on your monitor tho). If I tone it down much more it stops looking like green and more like grey. Perhaps you are having a hard time reading the white text on the green? I should probably change the text color...

funrun's HS Repaints
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

The color can be anything, but I'm not sure what you mean by toned down? I did tone the colors more towards grey earlier today, and when I tone down the green I have to do the blue too or else they look unbalanced. I have seen it now on 3 monitors and it is not a bright color (perhaps it is on your monitor tho). If I tone it down much more it stops looking like green and more like grey. Perhaps you are having a hard time reading the white text on the green? I should probably change the text color...
It defintely is more toned down now (not sure if you had tweaked it since I left work) I didn't look at it when I got home.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online