Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old December 6th, 2018, 01:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Millerson Public Playtesting

The figure used for this unit is Artus Cimber from D&D Tomb of Annihilation
Figure photo:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = MILLERSON
GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = EARTH
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = LOYAL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5 (single-spaced)

LIFE = 6
MOVE ADVANCED/BASIC = 5/5
RANGE ADVANCED/BASIC = 8/8
ATTACK ADVANCED/BASIC = 2/3
DEFENSE ADVANCED/BASIC = 3/5
POINTS = 105

HONOR AMONG THIEVES
When a Rogue you control who is adjacent to Millerson is attacked by an opponent's figure that is not adjacent to that Rogue and receives one or more wounds from that attack, you may place the same number of wound markers on this Army Card to ignore any wounds that Rogue just received.

GRIT
When Millerson attacks, he may attack one additional time for every two wound markers on this Army Card.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Q: Could Honor Among Thieves be used to save a Rogue from wounds inflicted by Sonlen's Dragon Swoop?
A: No.
Honor Among Thieves can only be used to prevent damaged caused by an attack. Auto-wound powers such as Dragon Swoop are not attacks.

Q: If a Rogue is hit by Shurrak and moved next to Millerson due to Knockback, could Millerson use Honor Among Thieves to prevent the damage?
A: No.
Even though Shurrak would no longer be adjacent to the Rogue, the damage from the attack has already been inflicted prior to Knockback. Millerson also could not prevent falling damage wounds due to Knockback, since those wounds are due to falling, not the actual attack.

Q: If a Rogue you control is hit by an attack that would inflict three wounds but the Rogue only has one Life, if Millerson was adjacent how many wounds would he have to take to save the Rogue?
A: Three.
Figures can and do receive more wounds than they have total Life. In this example, the Rogue would receive three wounds, even though he or she only has a single Life point. Millerson would have to take three wounds to prevent all three wounds to save that Rogue.

Q: If a Rogue you control adjacent to Millerson receives wounds from spillover damage from Rail Gun Special Attack, can Millerson use Honor Among Thieves to protect that Rogue?
A: Yes.
The spillover damage from Rail Gun Special Attack is still part of the attack.

customs/maps/c3v/sov/card tutorial/sell list

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Millerson Public Playtesting

The wording on Honor Among Thieves jumps out to me as odd - I don't know how C3V normally words these things, but it feels weird to me that you take wounds and then ignore them.

I think the problem could be avoided if you had the power trigger before the wounds are actually received:

Quote:
When a Rogue you control who is adjacent to Millerson would receive one or more wounds from an attack by an opponent's figure who is not adjacent to that Rogue, you may instead have Millerson receive those wounds.
Apologies if the input is unwelcome or if I'm criticizing some long-established wording that C3V prefers.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive Collection 17: Blasters and Beast Masters)
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The wording on Honor Among Thieves jumps out to me as odd - I don't know how C3V normally words these things, but it feels weird to me that you take wounds and then ignore them.

I think the problem could be avoided if you had the power trigger before the wounds are actually received:

Quote:
When a Rogue you control who is adjacent to Millerson would receive one or more wounds from an attack by an opponent's figure who is not adjacent to that Rogue, you may instead have Millerson receive those wounds.
Apologies if the input is unwelcome or if I'm criticizing some long-established wording that C3V prefers.
No problem, we want our powers to be as clear and watertight as possible.

---------

Compare this, for instance, with Parmenio's Sacred Band Defy Death 15. He uses the same "When [applicable figure] ... receives one or more wounds ... [do the following things to] ignore any wounds."

Our editors went over this particularly carefully, and this wording apparently avoids a whole lot of messy corner cases that come up with a redirecting wounds power.

customs/maps/c3v/sov/card tutorial/sell list

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Gotcha. I'll butt out then.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive Collection 17: Blasters and Beast Masters)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting