Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Felindar's Comic Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Really nice looking cards Felindar, and a few cool ideas there.

If you're open to feedback, you may want to look at:

- Need Height and Size for both characters
- SYNERGY could be retitled as it does not read exactly the same on both cards. Possibilities would be "S.T.R.I.P.E SYNERGY" and "STAR SPANGLED KID SYNERGY" or "FATHER DAUGHTER SYNERGY" and "PARENT SYNERGY". The point is, since the power reads differently on each card, the title of the powers should be different as well.
- COSMIC ROD is nice but may be a bit confusing as written. At what point does she decide whether she is defending herself or all those adjacent to her? Also, it may be hard to track who is affected and for how long. Although I hate using markers, maybe they are needed when she is covering others. Or it could be simplified by making it always +3 to defense for her and her friends (cut out the choice of +4). I think her cost would need to go up unless the defense field only lasts until she reveals her first Order Marker, at which time there is no defense bonus for anyone for the rest of the round. Was that your intent?
- I love the use of the same pic for both cards. I'm no GIMP or Photoshop guy but is there a way to highlight the proper one on each card? Maybe dull the vibrance of the other while creating some glow around the primary character? Just a thought from a non artsy guy like me.

Well I hope some of those ideas made sense. Keep up the great work.
I was thinking of Synergy as something that would be difrent for each person. Lois Lane might have Drafted only with superman Superman gets an imediate action when lois lane takes damage. It is an idea I wanted to put out to the comunity. If it will be just a standard special ability, if that is not an oxymoron, I will rework the names.

I was thinking SSK would pick her defence status whenever you reveil an order marker. However as I stated above she is intended to be played by a 5 year old, a Wonderfly smart and savy 5 year old but maby I should keep it simple.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post

Will do for S.T.R.I.P.E.

I was thinking of going with Star Girl, however the mini from Heroclix said the star Spangled Kid and since I am making the card for my daughter to use she Gets veto power. She has been waiting for the SSK for weeks and I can't get her to change.

If it works better for the comunity I will change the card for general use.

Pete
That's cool that you're doing this for your daughter, I've got twin 6 year-old girls that are into Heroscape/Marvelscape as well as anything related to Batman, X-Men, Justice League (animated series/movies and video games), so I know how it is with the little ones. Actually, I just ordered a bunch of Heroclix figures so I can use them with the wonderful custom cards that the members here have worked hard on. My girls really love the female super heroes (as well as most of the guys, the funny ones especially).

So if you could make one SSK for your daughter and Stargirl for the community, that would be awesome. Everytime I see her, I think of the time she was getting jealous of all the attention that Supergirl was getting in a JL show and how a Japanes fangirl kicked Stargirl in the shin for making a comment about Supergirl. The two ended up getting along in the end finding that they had a lot in common.

Anyway, you better get that done for your daughter, she's been waiting patiently

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:58 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Here they are I thought that little space above the Race might as well be useful for something.

Added the hight, I had left it off of the card I used as a base and it should not happen again. However I just noticed that SSK should be 4 tall not 6.

I updated to the Offical font. Wile at first I did not notice much diffrence when I replaced the text it was clear but much more condenced.

I did make the Cosmic rod ability constant. I was going to cry THEMATIC. She must make herself weeker to defend all the others. However, I am making it for my little girl so the complicated aspect was a killer.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:48 PM

By the way if you are looking for something cool to do for the kids you can try this.

I Photo shoped in picktures of the kids onto the cards. It was only a tad harder than with a mini picture. I just need to spruce them up now that I have the corect fonts and such.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Great idea Felindar. I bet the kids get a kick out of playing with their own cards. + rep

Cheers
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Great idea Felindar. I bet the kids get a kick out of playing with their own cards. + rep

Cheers

I second that, very cool Felindar. +rep

Old August 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
By the way if you are looking for something cool to do for the kids you can try this.

I Photo shoped in picktures of the kids onto the cards. It was only a tad harder than with a mini picture. I just need to spruce them up now that I have the corect fonts and such.

I must give props to Greyowl I used his Batgirl, with his premision, I did wind up removing bird of prey and giving her some range. I went with her having range insted of a Battarang special attack, but the base of the card is his. I thank him.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Those are awesome Felinder

Old August 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Updated cards.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Starman With the Cosmic rod figured out I had to do starman Now I just need to fix the text of Cosmic rod. That is what I get for woring at 2 in the morning.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Starman
COSMIC ROD: When does the effect on SPK take place? Is when she is attacked by Starman, when Starman is on the field, or when Starman is controlled by the same player?

ENERGY BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: I think this should read like DW9k's Explosion Special Attack -
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Energy Blast Special Attack. Starman only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Starman can be affected by his own Energy Blast Special Attack.

I also think for a range of 6 & attack of 4 he probably should cost a little bit more. Probably 140-150.

As a bit of a nitpic IMO the targeting figure is too large.

Hope some of this is useful.

Cheers
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Starman
COSMIC ROD: When does the effect on SPK take place? Is when she is attacked by Starman, when Starman is on the field, or when Starman is controlled by the same player?

ENERGY BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: I think this should read like DW9k's Explosion Special Attack -
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Energy Blast Special Attack. Starman only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Starman can be affected by his own Energy Blast Special Attack.

I also think for a range of 6 & attack of 4 he probably should cost a little bit more. Probably 140-150.

As a bit of a nitpic IMO the targeting figure is too large.

Hope some of this is useful.

Cheers
Sorry about the SSK confusion. Starman Gave his Cosmic Rod to SSK. I figured out the SSK first and just did not update the text when I made up Starman.

And Thanks for the DW9K thought. The ability started out varied and more complicated as I simplified it I did not realise I came so close to an already existant special abiltiy.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations