Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 1st, 2022, 08:25 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

"Support The Right To Arm Bears"
--My mom's favorite bumper sticker

Bears are my totem animal. I want to lead them in the AOA game "Revenge Against the Brood Queen."
Old November 2nd, 2022, 02:08 AM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
TREX, you’re the best. I don’t want anyone to feel bad about thinking it won’t fund. Or thinking that the campaign has sucked.

I object to two things: first, figuring out what to do now that the campaign is dead. First, it’s not, and second, considering all of the work I’ve put into this project, I find it personally stressful that people are already plotting how to proxy the units I designed. Flattered, yes, but also hurt. It’s not time. Second, I object to anyone who dislikes bears. That’s it.
Apologies for coming off as disrespectful/causing undue stress for the proxy comment. The artists, designers, developers, and community ambassadors trying to bring this game back are absolutely not to blame for how this campaign is going and are doing the lords work as far as I'm concerned so thank you. As a longtime lurker thats come back year after year to see what new additions the community has made to this game y'all are what make this crazy community go after all this time and will make it continue into the future. (PS the Bears are awesome too!)
Old November 2nd, 2022, 06:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:11 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I don't think we should let the fate of Age of Annihilation change our basic take on our positive community experience on this wonderful site. After all, many people continue to be involved in their own way with Heroscape, without reference to it at all.

As for my own local group here in NYC, I'm the only one of the four of us backing AOA. But we're suddenly experiencing an almost doubling of our membership, and have an unprecedented 7-8 player gathering here at The Game Palace next Wednesday.

AOA will be fantastic if it funds, and then I'll gladly provide it for our group next year. But Scaping will go on regardless. For us that includes the many, many aspects of Classic, Custom and Super Scape, meeting new fellow players, and gaming into the future. As usual, for details, see my signature line.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:11 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
At first, I thought we could all try to predict what day (date) it would be fully backed at 8000. Now it looks like we should all try to predict what the final number of backers (aka pre-orders) will be. *sigh*

I'll start with a prediction of 4,897 total. Whoever is closest (+|-) wins!
Prediction entries end after 2022-11-04.

∞10²¹ @Shurrig
123456789 @Master Roshi
9000 @randum
8500 @caps
8025 @Heirloom
----
6300 @IAmBatman
5700 @Good Pig
5000 @chas
4897 @GaryLASQ
4648 @rym
4400 @ryguy266
4250 @Dragon4201976
4100 @Knox
3542 @AMIS
3498 @Garenex
0001 @Hogg the last contestant on The Price Is Right

3838 is my lotto ticket number
How about y'all go start your own prediction thread in another spot? I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from dancing on the grave of the HasLab until Nov. 16.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:13 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIsamu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
TREX, you’re the best. I don’t want anyone to feel bad about thinking it won’t fund. Or thinking that the campaign has sucked.

I object to two things: first, figuring out what to do now that the campaign is dead. First, it’s not, and second, considering all of the work I’ve put into this project, I find it personally stressful that people are already plotting how to proxy the units I designed. Flattered, yes, but also hurt. It’s not time. Second, I object to anyone who dislikes bears. That’s it.
Apologies for coming off as disrespectful/causing undue stress for the proxy comment. The artists, designers, developers, and community ambassadors trying to bring this game back are absolutely not to blame for how this campaign is going and are doing the lords work as far as I'm concerned so thank you. As a longtime lurker thats come back year after year to see what new additions the community has made to this game y'all are what make this crazy community go after all this time and will make it continue into the future. (PS the Bears are awesome too!)

As there is exclusive figure involved in this campaign, big part of the world which don't have a direct access to the campaign and no clear communication on how it will release afterward. It's totally ok to speak about proxies for me, Even if the campaign succeed.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 09:09 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thing is still moving along: 3,132 backers as of November 2nd.

I believe Knox mentioned previously that a last-minute backer spike may not happen if we are still far off from 8,000, which makes sense. Looking at the original post, the embedded chart shows a prediction that gets us pretty close - somewhere around 6,750 backers.

Entertaining an extra helping of optimism, let's say that the new video and card reveals make a good impact on the backer rate. How close to the goal do you think initiates a healthy, last-minute backer spike? 7,000?

We got roughly 900 backers on the first day, if that comparison is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Alright everybody!

Since we're all stressing about whether AoA will fund, check out this tracker I made and will be updating over the next 45 days. So far it's a simple linear regression, and we'll see how I update as things progress.

Based on the current trend, AoA SHOULD NOT FUND.

Please act like rapid Wall Street traders interpreting trends below.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 09:11 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I apologize if my proxy ideas were insensitive and rude. I wasn't trying to be like "here's a way to not spend money on this campaign" or stating it's absolutely dead. I was just trying to think of ways to preserve the great work put into the units instead of having them locked away forever if that is to be the case. I was acting probably too early and just not wanting another dwarfs riding bears situation where if the worst happened and there's another relaunch attempt down the line, they'd almost for sure create all new units.

Unlike the ghost rider campaign, I am seeing a lot of changes being made reflecting the suggestions of potential buyers, and I'm seeing more videos and posts being made on the Haslab site and campaign page. They are trying to the best of their abilities. I do think we'll see some major buys on the last day, unlike with the Ghost Rider campaign. The loss of backers showed that was dead, unlike with AoA. And I think we're starting to see with the last couple days that some people that were dead set on not buying due to no paint or no historical figures or too expensive or too neon looking and etc. are maybe starting to realize that's not as big of a deal anymore.

I do think the best thing people here that aren't directly part of the campaign can do is to have a group Livestream the Saturday or Sunday before the 15th. Live battle videos, podcast recordings, general figure analysis, crazy sized map building, war council Q/A, new C3V figures reveal, what heroscape means to me segments, etc.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 09:40 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

If we're at 5K+ by next Wednesday, my optimism with increase tenfold. If we're at 4K+ I'll still be cautiously optimistic. Either way, that's when I start my pleas to those who are sitting on the sidelines, with the only reason being that it looks bleak. I don't mean $$, or issues with what's offered, or the myriad of reasons folks are giving for sitting out. I'll be speaking solely to those who likely would have pledged by now if the campaign was rolling. Need to breakthrough the psychology of holding back when it looks iffy, that is definitely a thing.

-insert signature here-
Old November 2nd, 2022, 09:59 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Back in the day, there used to be pre-release discussion threads for officially-revealed cards; could posting such threads for the new figures help drive discussion on this site in a less pessimistic direction? I'd certainly love to gush about the Frostclaws (and the other Polar Bears; seriously, giving Jandar Polar Bear warriors is such an inspired idea) somewhere on the site, and BGG's forums for AoA have notably already posted similar such threads for the AoA figures.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 2nd, 2022, 10:03 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Need to breakthrough the psychology of holding back when it looks iffy, that is definitely a thing.
If there are folks out there with this mentality and reading this now, be aware that I don't think there is any reason to hold this mentality with this project.

I've never crowd funded anything in my life. Kickstarter always seemed like there was something risky about backing something that may not come to fruition. The nice thing about Haslab is that it is fully supported by Hasbro. There is no question what your money is going into and whether your money is on the line. Worst case scenario here is that this doesn't fund and you do not get charged a single dollar.

If you are holding back only because you don't know if this is really going to happen, just throw in. There is no risk. You're only improving the chances of it happening by building momentum.

I have backed to my full extent. I did some research before backing this and have no worries about it, one way or the other.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 10:21 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
If you are holding back only because you don't know if this is really going to happen, just throw in. There is no risk. You're only improving the chances of it happening by building momentum.
You remind me of another point @bmon . There's also likely a small percentage who still don't realize we won't be charged if the project doesn't fund. I don't think it's a huge amount of people, but I also don't think it's a negligible amount either. Assuming $$ is not the issue, there really is no risk at all by pledging.

Just something else to mention as we're trying to keep the word out.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion