Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old November 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pokemon

Alright, thanks!

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old November 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
You will like them once you get into the game. There will be a few you hate.
Like the Power Ranger one. I forget his name. I'm going to get one just because he looks like a Power Ranger.

I'm pretty sure this is it.
I don't remember ever seeing that pokemon. Hmm. Maybe I should look at more stuff.
Kirikizan, Dark-Steel type, one of my favorite pokemon of the new gen. Pretty BAMF, too.

Eh, there's always going to be a few you hate. But don't skip out on this game because of sucky name dubs, this is definitely the best pokemon game ever. I'm still discovering new things, even after playing this game frequently for two months (though recently has been more finding pokemon, training them, and attempting to EV). The graphics are gorgeous, and everything is done to a point of perfection not even close to matched by anything I've seen before in an RPG like this one.

I also did catch PokeRus, which I had practically been praying for, but I couldn't tell until my pokemon all healed because I couldn't read the PokeCenter nurse's speech about it So, I couldn't get it to spread through my pokemon. Fml.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old November 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Kirikizan, Dark-Steel type, one of my favorite pokemon of the new gen. Pretty BAMF, too.

Eh, there's always going to be a few you hate. But don't skip out on this game because of sucky name dubs, this is definitely the best pokemon game ever. I'm still discovering new things, even after playing this game frequently for two months (though recently has been more finding pokemon, training them, and attempting to EV). The graphics are gorgeous, and everything is done to a point of perfection not even close to matched by anything I've seen before in an RPG like this one.

I also did catch PokeRus, which I had practically been praying for, but I couldn't tell until my pokemon all healed because I couldn't read the PokeCenter nurse's speech about it So, I couldn't get it to spread through my pokemon. Fml.

Wait - you are one of the crazy people who ordered if from Japan?

I'd just much rather wait, instead of dealing with missing out on the entire story.

Is anyone else doing Pokemon Profile Picture Month this year?
Old November 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You will like them once you get into the game. There will be a few you hate.
Like the Power Ranger one. I forget his name. I'm going to get one just because he looks like a Power Ranger.

I'm pretty sure this is it.
I don't remember ever seeing that pokemon. Hmm. Maybe I should look at more stuff.

Two months and you're still finding new stuff!?!?

Training or not, that sounds like there's a LOT of content in this one. Definitely sounds like it'll last a lot longer than any of the others did.

I wouldn't dream of missing out on this even if the names were like "FirePig." That wouldn't bother me. I'll just rename those Pokemon.

PokéRus sounds like it's even harder to get in this game. Is it?
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:39 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, so how in the world am I supposed to FIND these EV depleting berries?
Old November 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I've pal parked all of mine from Emerald. All are available from any berry masters in any version (not sure about Black/White, and other berries can be earned this way randomly), and four of them may be received along with other berries for trading a shard of any color to a juggler in Fucscia city in HG/SS (can't really miss him).

If you've gone through Sinnoh and picked all the berries (you need waterfall and surf for this), you'll have most of them as well. They're also available on various pokewalker routes.

So there's not really an easy way to get them...
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Two months and you're still finding new stuff!?!?

Training or not, that sounds like there's a LOT of content in this one. Definitely sounds like it'll last a lot longer than any of the others did.

I wouldn't dream of missing out on this even if the names were like "FirePig." That wouldn't bother me. I'll just rename those Pokemon.

PokéRus sounds like it's even harder to get in this game. Is it?
Yes. Not that there's more routes, the routes are just quite large, and there items in some out-of-the-way places. Took me a few days (not entire days, just portions of those days) to find the Giant Hall (where Kyurem is), and I've still yet to enter the underwater ruins in Sazanami Bay.

There is actually a LOT of trainers after the Elite Four, and a majority of their pokemon are over level 60, but are easier to beat than their exp. giveout seems to reflect, so there is lots of training opportunities outside of E4 rematches.

That's what I do ^_^ (Still going to name my Tsutarja* Smugleaf.)
*I really think I'm going to stick with the Japanese names for now. Much nicer so far, IMO (though I do kind of like Unova...)

I don't really know the numbers, but I doubt it. I'm just lucky in finding it eventually; I'll probably find it again at some point with all the wild battles I'm having (still amazed I haven't found any shinies yet). In case you misunderstood me, what I meant was that my party had caught PokeRus, but I didn't realize that it did until I could no longer spread it to the pokemon that need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Wait - you are one of the crazy people who ordered if from Japan?

I'd just much rather wait, instead of dealing with missing out on the entire story.
Ordered it from Japan? Yes. But crazy? Well... yes. But I digress.

I had the general idea of the story, so I didn't really care. I'll focus on the details when I get my english copy.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I've pal parked all of mine from Emerald. All are available from any berry masters in any version (not sure about Black/White, and other berries can be earned this way randomly), and four of them may be received along with other berries for trading a shard of any color to a juggler in Fucscia city in HG/SS (can't really miss him).

If you've gone through Sinnoh and picked all the berries (you need waterfall and surf for this), you'll have most of them as well. They're also available on various pokewalker routes.

So there's not really an easy way to get them...
If you have access to Diamond/Pearl, they're all sitting out in the field, and not difficult at all to find. (iirc)

You can also check over at Gamefaqs or somewhere similar to find exact locations . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, I'm still kind of a newb to Pokemon, I only have Diamond for DS and battle revolution for Wii, so what is a pokerus? Is it the same as the berry Elffy was talking about? Thanks in advance.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Basically, its a good thing that increases the speed that your pokemon gain stats. Game mechanics wise it doubles the amount of EVs your pokemon receive from each battle. Check out an EV training guide if you want more info on the exact mechanics of how this works.
Old December 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

North American release date announced for Black and White.

March 6, 2011

My source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1142035p1.html

And someone posted a comment saying that there were some new names on the official website as well. I haven't checked it yet.
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Ya a few English not many though. Anyways looks like it is time to start saving money.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games