Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:59 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Nilfheim

The Book of Nilfheim
Raknar's Vision - "Heroes of Lindesfarme"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Ivory Pillar. Diamond Breath. Northern Wind. Great Protector. These are all titles given to the ferocious Nilfhiem, king of the northern
continent of Icaria. Icarians have always worshiped the dragons of their world as godlike creatures; but no dragon has ever been held in higher
honor than King Nilfhiem. This reverence is both hard-won and well-earned, as The Great Protector fights valiantly for those who cannot defend
themselves. His glory is in the patronage of the battleweary.
In Nilfheim, Jandar disovered a kindred spirit. He summoned the mighty king to Valhalla just moments before he would meet his end at the hands
of invading Nhah Scirh, a cult of Icarian dragon-slayers bent on the destruction of all dragon-kind.
(Hasbro)

that is standing on the other side of the wing?

No. The wing will not block adjacency. (Hasbro FAQ)

- ICE SHARD BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK : Engagement Requirements
    Can Nilfheim use Ice Shard Breath Special Attack on figures if he is engaged?
    Since this is a SPECIAL ATTACK, Nilfheim must attack a figure that he is engaged with. If Nilfheim successfully
    destroys the engaged figure, he may target a different figure. If Nilfheim does not destroy the engaged figure,
    he can only target another engaged figure, (if possible), or must forfeit the rest of the attack. (dnutt99)

Synergy Benefits Received
- GREENSCALE WARRIORS : As a Unique Huge Dragon Hero, Nilfheim may be chosen as to benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' LIZARD KING BONDING activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- GREENSCALE WARRIORS : Loyalty to the Lizard King
As a Unique Huge Dragon Hero, if selected as the Greenscale Warriors "Lizard King," Nilfheim may aid the Greenscale Warriors with their LOYALTY TO THE LIZARD KING Attack and Defense enhancements.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Nilfheim- The most versatile figure from Raknar’s Vision, Nilfheim can easily adapt to oppose most armies, and
he is emerging as a solid Q9 counter. Comparatively weak defense and life stats keep him in check. A

Nilfheim
Anti-Nilfheim? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=202
Making him fit? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=511
Facing and Line of Sight? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=446
Making him fit? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=919
Additional Attacks with What? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1899
And Engagement? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1313
And Engagement? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4932
No Bridges? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6220
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 14th, 2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: vc added
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel
Someone has to be assuming something there. The card says Range 5. Attack 4. Nilfheim may attack two additional times. He may not attack the same figure more than once. It does not state you must be engaged or attack the person you are engaged with. That is why it states there is a range on it.
No, but the rules do. If a figure with range is engaged, it must attack that figure.

Its a special attack and is bound by the rules of attacking and engagement.
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
This is why I like Braxas better

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8105

The acid breath is "instead of attacking", so the engagement doesn't apply since it isn't an attack, but a "power".

Yeah, she is 25 points more, but also comes with 2 more life (attack and defense are 1 less). But that not being stuck with engagement on the acid breath vs ice shard just seems to come into play too often.
Old August 26th, 2007, 04:26 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nilfheim, fun character, but don't use him against a glad/blast army, he will get crushed. If he ever gets 3+ glads next to him he will fall that turn. Of course this could be said about any hero really against he glads/blasts. I like nilf cause he can kill heroes with his great basic attack, or kill/wound multiple characters with his ice shard. Not too shabby defense and life either. Plus he looks cool, even though he is unwieldy.
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:22 AM

manger has disabled reputation
With ice dragon why dont you just kill the engaged figure first then use your next 2 attacks with range? Same goes for Kaemon's special double attack or syvarris, Q9, laglor, anyone who has multiple attacks with range? also you mentioned the izumi threat... keep in mind SPECIAL attacks always bypass counterstrike
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:40 PM

sachsen Woo who?
Without a doubt, the biggest problem with Nilfheim are those wings! If you have a map with a lot of trees, glaciers, other odd shaped terrain, etc., it becomes very difficult to land him where you want to for maximum attack value.

Fourshadow struggles with that quite frequently...
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I haven't used him as much recently because I've been trying out lots of bonded armies with new commons that I've purchased, but I'll always remember my early games with him. He is a very balanced figure, and can pretty much do it all. With 6 flying, 6 Life, 6 attack, and one of the best ranged special attacks in the game, he's a pretty serious threat. 4 Defense is a little low, but it by no means makes him weak.

Only real problem are those wings . However, those wings also help make his sculpt one of the coolest yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I haven't used him as much recently because I've been trying out lots of bonded armies with new commons that I've purchased, but I'll always remember my early games with him. He is a very balanced figure, and can pretty much do it all. With 6 flying, 6 Life, 6 attack, and one of the best ranged special attacks in the game, he's a pretty serious threat. 4 Defense is a little low, but it by no means makes him weak.

Only real problem are those wings . However, those wings also help make his sculpt one of the coolest yet.
He is one of my favorite figures. I like the wings because you can hide figures between them like Kelda.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Or Raelin. Nilfheim with 6 Defense is nothing to be trifled with. While they try to kill her, you can get off a lot of extra Ice Shards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Hey niffleheims special attack cant be used more then once on the same person. Can he attack the same person with ice breath on the next turn?

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:02 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer
Hey niffleheims special attack cant be used more then once on the same person. Can he attack the same person with ice breath on the next turn?
Yes.
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
The 18-5- part of this guy is a bit frustrating when army building.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units