Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 27th, 2007, 02:54 AM

zombiedude has disabled reputation
How do you make base molds? The travelling ones are a long

Could someone possibly detail how to make the mold for bases, so we don't have to wait for a the molds to travel to us?

Then maybe sticky it and the way to make the bases up on the top so us Noobs doesn't keep askin fer 'em.
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:17 PM

I'm gonna put my name down on the traveling mold list, but this might help others do it on thier own.
Old January 28th, 2007, 08:56 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
It depends on how nice you want it.

In essence you could take a small 1" deep tray fill it with plaster and take bases you've cut off and make molds of them, then just fill it with two part epoxies.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Yeah, but that wouldn't work as well as the "traveling base molds". I want something that I can reuse over and over again, a well as removing the bases easily from my molds.
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:56 PM

KevHead has disabled reputation
If you want to make your own set of reusable molds try this:

Hobby Loby ( or other hobby store) has a two part silicone putty to make a easy mold.
Mix equal parts ( like clay) build up a small square larger than the base you wish to copy (or make two small bases and a two space base on one) Press the base into the putty. Allow to cure ( about 1 hr)

Next get the easy casting resin in a similar box ( two part resin) mix equal parts and in 5 min you've got bases. Just keep repeating.

A plaster mold although cheaper with not hold up to repeated castings.

Each is about $15 but they always run a 40% off coupon so you can save some money there.

They also sell an Alumilite molding kit ( which I have) it is very easy to work with. I've used it to cast and sell plenty of 1/6th scale fantasy heads.
(my Avatar is one of my sculpts)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions