Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 1st, 2018, 11:32 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/30/18]

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
This is your show, man, you get to do it on your own time. I hope nobody would feel offended or inconvenienced.
True, but I just wanted to give a quick heads-up that the suggestions are appreciated and that I'll be responding tomorrow, on the off-chance that anyone was waiting for a response tonight.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 12:41 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I dearly hope you do not change the special attack. The power in this design comes from it's simplicity. Nerf the normal attack (maybe just to 7R,3A), drop the secondary special power, and call it a day.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 2nd, 2018, 06:11 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm not very fond of the idea of giving him a big attack in melee - I have a hard time imagining the mini holding up well in a melee fight and I love how he feels like dedicated heavy artillery right now. That would dilute that theme. I'd honestly just drop his attack to 3 if you really feel the need to change it, or maybe up his price by 10.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 2nd, 2018, 08:25 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I dearly hope you do not change the special attack. The power in this design comes from it's simplicity. Nerf the normal attack (maybe just to 7R,3A), drop the secondary special power, and call it a day.
I'm probably in this boat. I neverminded two explosions all over the board. even 8/2 would be a great normal attack and would enhance the theme of the special

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 2nd, 2018, 09:00 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I am against the long range dual area special attack. If you want suggestions on how to change it, let me know.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 09:11 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I am against the long range dual area special attack. If you want suggestions on how to change it, let me know.
Honestly, Astroking, whenever you try to do anything remotely interesting or different, someone will always try to block it on some grounds - the idea of making things conform to rigid SoV standards based mostly on the combined personal prejudices of various people does nothing good for health and expansion of the game. I say just cut your losses and leave it as is - those who want to will play it anyway.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 2nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Honestly, Astroking, whenever you try to do anything remotely interesting or different, someone will always try to block it on some grounds - the idea of making things conform to rigid SoV standards based mostly on the combined personal prejudices of various people does nothing good for health and expansion of the game. I say just cut your losses and leave it as is - those who want to will play it anyway.
He mentioned me for my input, I gave it. But you are right in the sense that you will never get 100% everyone behind the same idea. Someone will always be against a certain aspect of your custom.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 01:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's not like Kinseth was the only one suggesting modifying the Special Attack. This is AK's workshop thread; I should hope he wants people to feel like their rambling input is welcome here, even though he certainly knows he gets to pick and choose his own guideposts.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I absolutely welcome all kinds of feedback. I'm not currently leaning towards changing the Special Attack, but that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in hearing arguments for it or alternate suggestions. Kinseth has given me plenty of feedback, and I'm interested in hearing more if he doesn't mind sharing it.

@Lazy Orang , I appreciate your defense of my design, but I don't think that it's infallible, and I'm certainly willing to make the tweaks necessary to fit it into SoV. I agree that there are some fantastic customs not suited to SoV at all, and when I make one of those, I'm not going to bother with making any changes if it doesn't fit. I don't believe that M.A.R.S. is one of those units, though, and after sitting on the changes that I'm considering, I'm actually preferring most of them over the older design.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:28 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I personally feel like the Special being two explosions is very thematic. You can change exactly how it targets things for those explosions, or make each one happen one at a time, instead of simultaneously, but I feel like it would be doing the figure a disservice to limit it to a single explosion.

My suggestion would be to lower his normal to 3, so it's only strictly more dice if you have height, or some other kind of attack buff. Then raise the price by 10 or 15. Beyond this, you can consider ways to keep the special from being able to target figures 12 spaces apart. I don't think this is really that bad. I mean, anything with a double attack can do it. Nilfhiem, and Braxas can target in multiple directions like that, and so can several other figures. Their range is less than this, but they can still do it. Syvaris can target figures 18 spaces apart, why is it so bad for a futuristic robot, with advanced targeting, doing the same?
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Maybe I was misunderstanding the theme of the the special. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be two simultaneous shots fired from his front-facing guns (hence the one attack roll for both explosions). Syvarris shoots twice, so it doesn't matter to me that he can shoot different directions. Maybe M.A.R.S. has rotating guns, though, which would kinda render my objection irrelevant.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:42 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Maybe I was misunderstanding the theme of the the special. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be two simultaneous shots fired from his front-facing guns (hence the one attack roll for both explosions). Syvarris shoots twice, so it doesn't matter to me that he can shoot different directions. Maybe M.A.R.S. has rotating guns, though, which would kinda render my objection irrelevant.
It's also missiles, which it isn't hard to imagine would have a guidance system. If the issue is that they fire simultaneously, then the fix is really simple, just have each explosion roll for damage separately.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards