Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:49 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
The Custom Master Set Project-Terrain and Scenarios Thread

This is the map thread for Flameslayer's Custome Master Set Project.

I, like Flameslayer, have wanted to see a ClassicScape Master Set for a long time. This project's purpose is to make it happen!

Voting/Rank Notes:

Members of Project Master Set are ranked into four groups based on their participation in this thread. You must be a registered member of the Main thread to have any rank in this thread.

1-Hexers-People who almost never contribute to this thread. In an effort to force people into our discussions, the Non-contributing 1-Hexers don't even get a vote. Fortunately, being promoted from 1-Hexer is very easy.

Three-Hexers-As soon as you've done a little bit of discussion in this thread, you are promoted to this rank. Three-Hexers get one vote in terrain discussion.

7-Hexers-Once you're active in the thread, you can be promoted to a 7-Hexer. 7-Hexers get one vote in terrain discussion and have prestigious-ness.

Cruel Overlord 24-Hexers-The mightiest forces in this thread. 24-Hexers may Promote One-Hexers and three Hexers, may start a vote as to whether or not a 7-Hexer should be promoted (All 24 and 7 hexers vote on this) and get two votes in Terrain discussion.

Custom Master Set Map Thread Members

Kaiser Cat-24-Hexer (And thread updater)
Flameslayer-7 Hexer
Lamaclown-7 Hexer
LEIV-3 Hexer
Dredd Stev-3 Hexer
Cheif-3 Hexer
Holy/Hand/Grenade-3 Hexer
Mac112-3 Hexer
Machineking-3 Hexer
Good Pig-1 Hexer

One Last Note on promotions:

If a 24-hexer wants to promote a three hexer, DON'T Clutter up the thread with promotion notices. Instead, send two private messages: One to Kaiser Cat, and one to the Promoted Member.

It's better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission: If you are a member in the main thread and have posted 4+ times in this thread, you are probably a 3 Hexer and I haven't updated this post yet. So go ahead an vote! If you are, in fact, NOT a 3-Hexer, I'll let you know and discount your vote.

Current Discussion:
  • What types of terrain should be included in the Master Set?
-Kaiser "The Freshmaker" Cat

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Last edited by Kaiser Cat; November 1st, 2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: The Custom Master Set Project-Terrain and Scenarios Thre

As stated in the other thread I would love to help with this arm of the project.

As far as the type of terrain, I am not sure yet. Once I see a little more of where the unit themes are going I will have a better idea.

I know some things I would like to see:
More "forest-y" rocks than the present D&D outcroppings (although those are some of my favorite terrain).

Maybe at least one multiple player map/scenario.

We need to include some glyphs for a true MSish feel.

On the "slim-to-none" end of things, some interactive terrain.

As I already said though, I will wait to see what type of units we settle on before making final suggestions
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would love to help, but I'm not sure how much time I can commit to playtesting and such. I'll still try to help when I can, adding suggestions and the like.

~Rednax
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
As stated in the other thread I would love to help with this arm of the project.

As far as the type of terrain, I am not sure yet. Once I see a little more of where the unit themes are going I will have a better idea.

More "forest-y" rocks than the present D&D outcroppings (although those are some of my favorite terrain).

As I already said though, I will wait to see what type of units we settle on before making final suggestions
I think the Customs Thread can handle this one

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Volcanos. The tundra set has glacial mountains, BftU has rock outcroppings. We need volcanoes and the molten lava and lava field tiles to go with them as part of the MS terrain list. It's relatively easy to repaint Marvel asphalt tiles for the lava field and water, swamp water, or shadow tiles to molten lava (if I can do it, most everyone else should be able).

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:35 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Large Rock
Destructible Object

2 Life
Defense 4

Tumble

When a large rock is destroyed all figures adjacent to the large rock receive one unblockable wound

Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My feel for a master set needs to be imagery more than new powers. I like the idea of keeping it simple. Over all here are my basic ideas.
  • 6 Prairie Tiles (24 Hex)
  • 5 Prairie Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 5 Prairie Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 5 Prairie Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 16 Prairie Tiles (1 Hex)
  • 2 Dirt Tiles (24 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 6 Dirt Tiles (1 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 4 Mud Tiles (1 Hex)
  • 11Mud Water Tiles (1 Hex)
  • 10 Quick Sand tiles (1 Hex)
  • 1 Destructible Object & 1 immovable figure (like the hive)
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
My feel for a master set needs to be imagery more than new powers. I like the idea of keeping it simple. Over all here are my basic ideas.
  • 2 Dirt Tiles (24 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 6 Dirt Tiles (1 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 4 Mud Tiles (1 Hex)
I like it chief.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM

Holy/Hand/Grenade is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hey guys im new here but i have always wanted to see some sort of a trench and bunker system incorporated into heroscape without the use of the castle if heroscape is truly the greatest battle of all time its going to need some more advanced fortifications. You could even add some kind of barb wire barriers as destructible objects, for that matter you could even have the bunkers themselves be destructible objects with manable weapons inside such as catapults, cannons, howitzers, machine guns. justs to add another level to the game by creating multiple strong points for attack and defense. thanks for reading hope to hear your ideas soon.

"A wise warior puts himself beyond all posibility of defeat" Sun Tsu

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try." Alexander the Great
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
<>character<>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy/Hand/Grenade View Post
Hey guys im new here but i have always wanted to see some sort of a trench and bunker system incorporated into heroscape without the use of the castle if heroscape is truly the greatest battle of all time its going to need some more advanced fortifications. You could even add some kind of barb wire barriers as destructible objects, for that matter you could even have the bunkers themselves be destructible objects with manable weapons inside such as catapults, cannons, howitzers, machine guns. justs to add another level to the game by creating multiple strong points for attack and defense. thanks for reading hope to hear your ideas soon.
This is...
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 24th, 2010, 10:22 AM

Chaotick is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'd just like to see more destructible objects, like that rock, if anything. I thought up this idea:

Boulder
Destructible object

1 life
7 defense

Landslide

When this Boulder is destroyed, if there is a ground tile next to it lower than its base, it is placed on that space. This motion continues until there are no tiles lower than the base of the Boulder next to the base. Roll the 20-sided die once for every unit it passed through.
1-17: The figure is destroyed
18-19: The figure takes one wound
20: Nothing happens
After this power has been executed, remove the Boulder from play.

I don't know if I contributed much with this... it was just a random idea that popped into my head.
Old September 24th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post

There will be plenty of scenarios. I'm not sure what you mean by "Interactive Terrain."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I would love to help, but I'm not sure how much time I can commit to playtesting and such. I'll still try to help when I can, adding suggestions and the like.

~Rednax
Suggestions would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Volcanos. The tundra set has glacial mountains, BftU has rock outcroppings. We need volcanoes and the molten lava and lava field tiles to go with them as part of the MS terrain list. It's relatively easy to repaint Marvel asphalt tiles for the lava field and water, swamp water, or shadow tiles to molten lava (if I can do it, most everyone else should be able).
So...Glacier repaints? I'm not sure having a MS devoted to Lava is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
Large Rock
Destructible Object

2 Life
Defense 4

Tumble

When a large rock is destroyed all figures adjacent to the large rock receive one unblockable wound
I'll see what others think about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
  • 2 Dirt Tiles (24 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 3 Dirt Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 6 Dirt Tiles (1 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (7 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (3 Hex)
  • 2 Mud Tiles (2 Hex)
  • 4 Mud Tiles (1 Hex)
I'm not the only one who was thinking of Plain (Prairie) Tiles!?! Not sure about Mud and Dirt, we do already have sand and Swamp water. I'm all for keeping things simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy/Hand/Grenade View Post
Battlements and RttFF walls are great for trenches. Mannable weapons don't seem very Heroscape-y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotick View Post
I'd just like to see more destructible objects, like that rock, if anything. I thought up this idea:

Boulder
Destructible object

1 life
7 defense

Landslide

When this Boulder is destroyed, if there is a ground tile next to it lower than its base, it is placed on that space. This motion continues until there are no tiles lower than the base of the Boulder next to the base. Roll the 20-sided die once for every unit it passed through.
1-17: The figure is destroyed
18-19: The figure takes one wound
20: Nothing happens
After this power has been executed, remove the Boulder from play.

I don't know if I contributed much with this... it was just a random idea that popped into my head.
Very Nice, but way too powerful.

-Kaiser "Stop Making Me Update the Ranks!" Cat

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios