Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old December 17th, 2017, 03:36 AM

iainmac97@gmail.com is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Hello I’m happy to be aboard! Can I get a answer to a question? I was playing last night and a friend and I were in a dispute over who got 3rd or who got the dreaded 4th place! I killed his last character. He was out and then I was immediately killed the next turn (turn 2). Did I get 3rd or did we tie for 3rd since we both died in the same round? Thanks and I’m happy to join!

[]
Old December 17th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac97@gmail.com View Post
Hello I’m happy to be aboard! Can I get a answer to a question? I was playing last night and a friend and I were in a dispute over who got 3rd or who got the dreaded 4th place! I killed his last character. He was out and then I was immediately killed the next turn (turn 2). Did I get 3rd or did we tie for 3rd since we both died in the same round? Thanks and I’m happy to join!

[]
I don't think there are any official rules governing who comes in third or fourth place, but if he died before you, it sounds like you should be in third place. For games that are a race to accomplish something (like first person to 20 points), it makes sense to do ties if you both achieve it on the same turn number. But for Heroscape, I don't really view turn numbers as that important. The object of the game is to survive longer than the other players, not to survive the most number of turns. Even if it were the latter, you lasted one more turn than your opponent, so I think it's fair to say that you were in third.
Old January 16th, 2018, 08:54 PM

Big Oldprankster is surprisingly tart

First time posting and just started playing the game about a month ago. I have a question but have not been able to find a definitive answer:
I have 2 squads of roman archers which have special attack of arrow volley. Both squads are adjacent to each other and each archer is adjacent to another. All are unengaged.

Questions
1. Do I need to identify which 3 belong to each card?
2. If an archer from each squad dies from an opponents range attack, can another archer from the other squad (which would be moved to be adjacent and on the same level be used to perform arrow volley?
3. Am I correct in saying an order marker needs to be placed on each squad card in order to perform 2 arrow volley special attacks?

I understand the positioning needed from other threads as well as the same level stipulation in order to perform the special attack.
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oldprankster View Post
First time posting and just started playing the game about a month ago. I have a question but have not been able to find a definitive answer:
I have 2 squads of roman archers which have special attack of arrow volley. Both squads are adjacent to each other and each archer is adjacent to another. All are unengaged.

Questions
1. Do I need to identify which 3 belong to each card?
2. If an archer from each squad dies from an opponents range attack, can another archer from the other squad (which would be moved to be adjacent and on the same level be used to perform arrow volley?
3. Am I correct in saying an order marker needs to be placed on each squad card in order to perform 2 arrow volley special attacks?

I understand the positioning needed from other threads as well as the same level stipulation in order to perform the special attack.
You only need to use one army card to represent all of your archers. Activate any three figures when you reveal an order marker.

If you want to make a second arrow volley attack then yes you need a second order marker and have to wait until your next turn. But both order markers can go on the same card.

Old January 16th, 2018, 09:40 PM

Can you direct me to rules for multiple squads of same figures? Did not know anything about one card for 2 squads. Since starting a month ago, this is first time I have had opportunity to play with doubles of a group. Makes a little more sense now. Thank you for your help.
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Can you direct me to rules for multiple squads of same figures? Did not know anything about one card for 2 squads. Since starting a month ago, this is first time I have had opportunity to play with doubles of a group. Makes a little more sense now. Thank you for your help.
You can find the rulebook here . If the squad is common then you only need one card to represent two or more squads. The same goes for commoin heroes.

Old January 16th, 2018, 09:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Good question.

If a squad is common, you can have multiple copies of that squad in your army. You only need one card for all of them. When you place Order Markers on that card, those allow you to take a turn with ANY of those figures (up to the number on the card, of course). So you don't have to keep track of which Deepwyrm Drow go in a set, for example. Just move any three (or two or four depending on the squad) and attack with those same ones.

Once you get that down, your army options will be a ton better. If you let us know which squads you're running multiples of, lots of people here would be willing to give some pointers.
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:03 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
In the FAQ, the first paragraph under Movement:
Quote:
Movement
Does each individual member of the squad move and attack before the next one, or do they all move, then all attack in turn?
First you may move any or all Squad figures shown on your chosen Army Card (up to the figure limit on that Army Card), if you want to. Then after all desired movement, you may attack with those figures.
In the D & D Rulebook, in the glossary under Common Figures:
Quote:
Common Figures: Each Army may have any number of a Common
Army Card with the same name. If your Army has two or more of the
same Common Army Card, you do not have to keep these figures
separate (that is, keep track of which figures belong to which card).
For example, if you are using two Army Cards of Deepwyrm Drow
figures, each order marker placed on either Army Card activates
any three of them. See also: Army Card, Unique Figures, and
Uncommon Figures.
You may also use a single card for all commons - you may use multiple cards, but you do not need to. There is no specific definition of "activate", but the interpretation (by the game designer and the players) has been that even if you don't move all the "figures shown on your chosen Army Card" (the number of figures), you have still "activated" the full number. The rule about movement says that those you did move are potential attackers. But that, since you did not move all you could, you have a "floating" activation for each un-moved figure that can be used for attacking also. And, in your specific case, any three can be activated for the special attack.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 17th, 2018, 09:06 AM

Thank you all for the answers. I am sure I will have more in the future. Does a group of you still play and meet at GenCon every year? If yes could the organizer add me to an emailing list to receive than info?

chrgof@cinci.rr.com
Old January 17th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There’s no email list. You’re one of us now, and all info will be posted here, in the gencon sub-subforum, when it’s ready.

Welcome aboard!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 3rd, 2018, 07:33 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anybody know of a terrain cheat-sheet? A (single page?) reference sheet that explicates all the non-standard terrain effects?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:50 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Anybody know of a terrain cheat-sheet? A (single page?) reference sheet that explicates all the non-standard terrain effects?

~Z
AliasQTip's Quick Start Guide includes what you're looking for at the bottom. It's a really nice sheet to have around if you're playing with new people often, or if you just like to check and make sure you're climbing over battlements properly.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; February 3rd, 2018 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Thought I'd put the link in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's