Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 24th, 2010, 11:57 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Let me know if you need any other maps. We'll see you guys Sat.
chief, are you planning to bring swamp slushy? If so, we've got a one map margin (i.e. we should have an open map for people to play on even if one or two extra people show up).

If we need one more, something sorta-asymmetric could be good, so that people have to really think about whether they want to choose startzone or choose first/second pick. Maybe when paths cross?
Old September 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If we need one more, something sorta-asymmetric could be good, so that people have to really think about whether they want to choose startzone or choose first/second pick. Maybe when paths cross?
I like this one. We'll be happy to bring it. It'll be good to have it just in case.

By the way...Picking out this pool seems to be a lot more fun than normal. It's great just picking up armies of randomness.... and less commonly used cards.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 24th, 2010, 03:52 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Let me know if you need any other maps. We'll see you guys Sat.
chief, are you planning to bring swamp slushy? If so, we've got a one map margin (i.e. we should have an open map for people to play on even if one or two extra people show up).

i can bring it yea, no body really said anything ... but ill bring it.
Old September 25th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

well, this is my last post before heading on over to Valhallas. I'm bringing one other player and his girlfriend. She may or may not play using one of our draft pools but she won't be in tournament. She hasn't ever played before but has seen us play. The other two cancelled, one is leaving for a trip. The other ended up having a Dr appointment. Should of told her we had a Dok at the event
Old September 25th, 2010, 09:50 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Results of the Pooled Draft Tournament:
  1. dok 5-0 (Tor-Kul-Na, Marrden Nagrubs x3, Granite Guardians x3, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Black Wyrmling x4, Drow Chainfighter x2, Warden 816, Otonashi - Played in 4/3/2/1/0 games)
  2. lafleurhero 3-1 (Tagawa Samurai Archers x3, Hatamoto Taro, Tagawa Samurai, Gurei-Oni, Shiori, Quasatch Hunters x2, Tarn Viking Warriors, Valguard, Otonashi)
  3. Daniel 3-1 (Werewolf Lord, Wolves of Badru x2, Khosumet, Anubian Wolves x2, Kurrok, Fire+Water+Earth Elemental x2, Dumutef Guard, Otonashi)
  4. kpucblek 1-2 (Deathreaversx2, Mohicans x3, Brave Arrow, Nakita Agents, Gorrilinators x2, DW9k, Zettian Guards, Warden 816, Marcu)
  5. chief 1-2 (Dünd, Sudema, NotNW, Moriko, Omnicron Repulsors x1, Taelord, Shotgun Sullivan)
  6. Wild_Imagination 1-2 (Raelin, Thanos, Warforged Soldiers x2, Nakita Agents, Kurrok, Air+Water Elemental x2)
  7. Dylan's Dad (Dylan_D) 0-1
  8. Nolan 0-2
  9. Dylan 0-3 (Moriko, Mogrimm, Arkmer, Darrak, Rhogar, Brandis, Wyvern, Mindflayer Mastermind, Protectors of Ullar x1, Warforged Soldiers x1, Black Wyrmling, Blue Wyrmling)
This format is super, super awesome. I got to play vastly different armies every round, and there was no such thing as a bad figure to bring to this tournament. So much fun.

Last edited by dok; September 26th, 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: linked to battle report
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

I had a great time too. This format was awesome. It put the "fun" back into Heroscape. --- well, it enhanced the "fun" in Heroscape... Ah heck, I'm just sayin it was a great format.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 26th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I had a great time too. This format was awesome. It put the "fun" back into Heroscape. --- well, it enhanced the "fun" in Heroscape... Ah heck, I'm just sayin it was a great format.
Pretty much any way you can possibly play Heroscape is fun but this was probably one of the best ways possible. Probably the only way I liked as much is General wars standard tournament setting. The format we used today is not good for real tournament play I don't think because it can be a bit confusing but it was great and I'd like to do it more often, perhaps 1 in 3 meet ups can be in this format. The way we played today does take a lot longer than the normal way so I don't see it working when we have 20+ people like at NHSD. I should of been able to play 5 games in the time it took for 4, or at least finished all 4 before 4 pm instead of going till almost 5.

Now I got listed at 2nd place but I want to say that my 3 wins were all close games where the loss was a slaughter. I got destroyed by TKN without even one full army card in kills. I guess it's actually a tie anyway since Daniel and I didn't get to play.
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Pretty much any way you can possibly play Heroscape is fun but this was probably one of the best ways possible. Probably the only way I liked as much is General wars standard tournament setting. The format we used today is not good for real tournament play I don't think because it can be a bit confusing but it was great and I'd like to do it more often, perhaps 1 in 3 meet ups can be in this format. The way we played today does take a lot longer than the normal way so I don't see it working when we have 20+ people like at NHSD. I should of been able to play 5 games in the time it took for 4, or at least finished all 4 before 4 pm instead of going till almost 5.
Yeah, you have to budget an extra 10 minutes per round, at least, for card setup, drafting, sorting out placement, and so on. That's really the only downside to this format though. To quote killercactus, this feels like this is the way Heroscape is supposed to be played. The power rankings don't really matter, there's a whole extra element of drafting strategy, and you need to be able to use a wide variety of figures effectively to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Now I got listed at 2nd place but I want to say that my 3 wins were all close games where the loss was a slaughter. I got destroyed by TKN without even one full army card in kills. I guess it's actually a tie anyway since Daniel and I didn't get to play.
You had a higher opponent's winning percentage and opponent's win differential; that's how all the placement ties were dealt with.
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM

I've linked my battle report in the summary post. chief/lafleurhero, if you guys know the draft pools used by chief, Dylan's dad, and Nolan, I'd like to include those in the summary as well.
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:20 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My pool was the following
Dund
Sudema
NotNW
Moriko
Omnicron Repulsors x1
Taelord
Johny shotgun Sullivan
Think thats it ......
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Nice idea for a tournament format dok and congrats on the success of the event. Sounds like everyone had a blast who went.

The Midwest Scapers in Ohio are on the border of actually using this format for our NHSD. Killercactus has made his case to us and there seems to be a general growing interest in this change to the tournament. As long as our confirmed attendees are not opposed we'll be trying this out on the big stage. If the hype lives up, then maybe we'll start to see this as a widely accepted radical way to play the game.

Grenade lobbyist
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Hey, I was looking at the mix of 3- and 4-player maps listed in the Warzones of Valhalla Discussion Thread and it got me thinking: if we had a multi-player tournament, but included a mix of 3- and 4-player maps, we wouldn't have to worry about getting exact numbers of people (you know, a number divisible by 2 wouldn't be as necessary). Anyway, I know that's been one of the reasons we haven't done it in the past, but this might resolve that particular issue. Just a thought.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events