Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 29th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Venom (Mac Gargan) (Public Playtesting)

The Vote That Maybe Didn't Pass isn't as punchy as some.
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Planning on running him in a Sin Six build twice, but shaking up the kind of army he's up against. Let me know if there's something else you'd rather see.
Old January 11th, 2020, 11:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly I found S6 to be one of the less effective builds for him. I think you said it somewhere; his Shark-y nature means he wants more activations per round than Ock usually gives. It’s not the worst army ever by any stretch, but I don’t think it’s his 100% optimal competitive build. Maybe like...1 S6 game and 1 LexCorp game or something like that?
Old January 12th, 2020, 01:17 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Honestly I found S6 to be one of the less effective builds for him. I think you said it somewhere; his Shark-y nature means he wants more activations per round than Ock usually gives. It’s not the worst army ever by any stretch, but I don’t think it’s his 100% optimal competitive build. Maybe like...1 S6 game and 1 LexCorp game or something like that?
Hmmm. I should remember what I have to say more often. Maybe not Sin Six then.

EDIT: Might go for Suicide Squad, looking over what you ran? Really spoiled for choice with Criminal stuff.

Last edited by Ronin; January 12th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old January 12th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Venom (Mac Donald)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Venom, Red Skull (Hasbro), Iron Monger (665) VS Spider-Man (C3G), Falcon, Groot (Adult) (665)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Venom, Green Goblin, Doc Ock I (690) VS Cyclops I, Storm I, Wolverine (690)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Venom offers a lot of offense and speed with an average amount of defense, so he can go down quickly. He worked a lot better in my second game, saving him for after I had some heroes already in the fray so fire wasn’t focused on Venom. Cannibal Craving is hard to activate but fun and very powerful when it does.

This is a simple design so I don’t think there are major competitive concerns, and the points seem fairly close to me considering the opposite results in each game.
Old January 13th, 2020, 02:49 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome, thanks Archie!

I'm fine with him being a bit fragile (relative to his weight class, at least.) And hopefully the eventual addition of Sinister Spider-Man will leave the character feeling more long-lasting as well.
Old January 20th, 2020, 08:21 PM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Venom (Mac Gargan) @245 points
(playtested against LV)

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Venom (Mac Gargan), Amanda Waller, Rick Flag, Vulture, Deadshot, Purple Man, Scarlet Spiders (1100) vs Lady Shiva, Cheshire, Elektra, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Hand Ninja x4 (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Venom (Mac Gargan), Amanda Waller, Rick Flag, Vulture, Deadshot, Purple Man, Scarlet Spiders (1100) vs Graviton, Red Skull, Baron Zemo (Heinrich), Angel (Warren), Blob, Lurker (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: So... a couple weird games where Venom wasn't the biggest deal (though he could have been bigger in that first game if he hadn't turned on the Squad and been prematurely killed). He does feel fun, though. He's an intimidating, sharky figure that can dash across the map. With all the road on Ivy's Greenhouse and Rick Flag helping him out, he was crazy fast. He only ended up doing it once or twice, but he's also fun for Rick Flag to move just to trigger Collateral Damage. Definitely felt like Gargan's Venom to me.

Unfortunately I'm not sure these games speak hugely to his balance (beyond him being a great target for both enemy and friendly movement powers), but I like the feel of him.

Worth also getting input from LV, who played the enemy teams in these games.
Old January 20th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He's definitely great fun to play against when you have things that can move him. He can feel like a bit of a nightmare if you've got lots of squads, as he has the life and defense to stay fairly sturdy against them and can devour his way back to healing. Maneuverability was surprising as well. Dude can clear the map pretty quick.

Worth noting that the bigger flub in game two was my failure to remember I had retaken the cube with angel and could have wiped Purple Man out. Bad call that cost me the game. Venom wasn't nearly as big a player that game as was my inability to hurt Purple Man.
Old January 20th, 2020, 10:55 PM
Just A Head

So by my count that's 3 losses, 3 wins, and 1 really big win that probably would've been different if units were played more accurately.

I'm okay with moving ahead with these current results, but I would understand if we felt one more set of tests was needed.
Old January 21st, 2020, 07:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Pre-yea for Final Editing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 21st, 2020, 08:11 PM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of Venom (Mac Gargan) (VOTE for Final Editing)

Okay then, let's get the ball rolling here! I'll call a VOTE for Final Editing!
@Ronin would you be willing to do a bio here?
Old January 21st, 2020, 08:12 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Venom (Mac Gargan) (VOTE for Final Editing)

Yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library