Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 14th, 2016, 07:52 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ooh

I really like that card. Nicely done.

~Dysole, who thinks that with the new power everything fits just right
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:23 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The design seems pretty cool for Tetriates. I like the move away from the potentially triple attack. He probably has about the same squad killing potential now (since he'd mostly be limited by engagement anyway), which meant he had more potential to punish heroes with a few heavy attacks.

If you're breaking from the rebellious theme of the other gladiators, I want to float the idea out of going one step further. Utgar has a certain evil opposite theme going on so you could slide him into Utgar and have him be a wild gladiator that didn't necessarily fight for Spartacus. He'd be more like the gladiator Sir Hawthorne. This would explain his personality shift and add a neat little story to him.
Old November 14th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
If you're breaking from the rebellious theme of the other gladiators, I want to float the idea out of going one step further. Utgar has a certain evil opposite theme going on so you could slide him into Utgar and have him be a wild gladiator that didn't necessarily fight for Spartacus. He'd be more like the gladiator Sir Hawthorne. This would explain his personality shift and add a neat little story to him.
Ooo, I like that! After all, he does adorn his armor with the Utgar color Red. I'm going to have to really think about this... I like where it's headed.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 15th, 2016, 03:48 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I really like this thematic change to Utgar, really helps the Wild personality fit in with him. He also looks the part. I've already got a good history cooking up in my brain for this guy (already including his actual history).

Thoughts on changing his general to Utgar as @Ixe proposed?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I really like this thematic change to Utgar, really helps the Wild personality fit in with him. He also looks the part. I've already got a good history cooking up in my brain for this guy (already including his actual history).

Thoughts on changing his general to Utgar as @Ixe proposed?
This.... could probably work really well. The change from Rebellious to Wild with the General Utgar almost gives me the impression he likes being a Gladiator, and slaughtering any foe put before him. Perhaps his bio could reference participating in combat in Taelord's Coliseum post summoning?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The non-Rebellious personality and the change in general makes the design more controversial, which could make it more difficult to pass United Fanscape review. I think there's a strength in this decision, though. I think I'm ok with the change as I like the different thematic feel.
Old November 15th, 2016, 11:22 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wasn't thrilled about a non-rebellious gladiator, but if you change the General to Utgar, I think it fits and feels a lot better. While it may be a little controversial, you could compare it to having non-Aquilla dwarves (ie. Ulfrid and Bjorn). Then again, non-Vydar agents would feel terribly wrong and would be a valid counter argument.
Old November 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I wasn't thrilled about a non-rebellious gladiator, but if you change the General to Utgar, I think it fits and feels a lot better. While it may be a little controversial, you could compare it to having non-Aquilla dwarves (ie. Ulfrid and Bjorn). Then again, non-Vydar agents would feel terribly wrong and would be a valid counter argument.
Really? If the theme was sold, I could definitely see an Utgar renegade counter-agent.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2016, 12:12 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
If the theme was sold, I could definitely see an Utgar renegade counter-agent.
I know what you mean. Utgar comprises many factions via the "gone evil" theme. Sir Hawthorne is the most obvious example. Even the Elves have an Utgar follower thanks to Elaria. Maybe its just getting tiresome to me. I just don't care for the idea of an Utgar agent or an Utgar samurai, even if you could sell it thematically. I feel less strongly about the gladiators this way.

Given a proper story, you could fit any class of figure under any General. However, this dilutes the factions and seems rather unappealing.
Old November 15th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Utgar samurai
Already happened (well, a Ronin, anyway) and it was glorious.

I guess it isn't a big deal for me - I'm happy to see traitors among Utgars ranks (and almost feel like an Agent would be the perfect type of character to 'go rogue').

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Utgar samurai
Already happened (well, a Ronin, anyway) and it was glorious.

I guess it isn't a big deal for me - I'm happy to see traitors among Utgars ranks (and almost feel like an Agent would be the perfect type of character to 'go rogue').
Actually having Utgar grab Evil elements of certain factions is a lot of fun.
I feel similarly about Jandar, but the other way with "the best of us" versions showing up there.

Having good and evil Dwarves and Elves gives the races more depth. The same is true with Soulborgs. Certainly things like vampires and Orcs seem inherently evil, but a Noble Half Orc is something interesting.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:19 PM

I appreciate all the comments and feedback. The more I read your views and the more I think about it, I like going with Utgar having summoned him. It fits my original design that I had in mind and fleshes out the bio/backstory I've already been developing...and I plan to go with it!

Quote:
This.... could probably work really well. The change from Rebellious to Wild with the General Utgar almost gives me the impression he likes being a Gladiator, and slaughtering any foe put before him. Perhaps his bio could reference participating in combat in Taelord's Coliseum post summoning?
Absolutely @Lazy Orang ! You're on the right track there, one step ahead of me Perfect content for adding to the bio

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards