Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 27th, 2007, 12:16 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
What's on the shelf right now?

Maybe this isn't worth the trouble (or has been done). But has there been any thought to a 'right now' thread?

What I mean by that is in your most recent stroll thru the store shelves at your local retailer what was in stock? This may be a good way to let fellow scapers in your area know what's available and prevent a wasted trip.

Especially in the case where there's a store you know carrys HS, but the ride is too long to risk the effort, but if you know ahead of time that what your looking for was spotted there recently...

For example my most recent treck out to Walmart in Brockton, MA had a couple RotV on the shelf along with several of the expansion with the Robot Mice (sorry the name escapes me at the moment).

Obviously this info is useless to folks in the other 49 states and Canada, heck half of Massachusetts is too far away, but maybe a local just got some good info.
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: What's on the shelf right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Maybe this isn't worth the trouble (or has been done). But has there been any thought to a 'right now' thread?

What I mean by that is in your most recent stroll thru the store shelves at your local retailer what was in stock? This may be a good way to let fellow scapers in your area know what's available and prevent a wasted trip.

Especially in the case where there's a store you know carrys HS, but the ride is too long to risk the effort, but if you know ahead of time that what your looking for was spotted there recently...

For example my most recent treck out to Walmart in Brockton, MA had a couple RotV on the shelf along with several of the expansion with the Robot Mice (sorry the name escapes me at the moment).

Obviously this info is useless to folks in the other 49 states and Canada, heck half of Massachusetts is too far away, but maybe a local just got some good info.
We have sightings threads all the time. I believe they suffice.
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Classicsmiley is surprisingly tart
I was a bit surprised to see a full set of Wave 1: Mallidon's Prophecy at the Super Walmart in Fort Collins, CO the other day (8/25/07). Other than that, I haven't see much of interest on the shelves.

-Classicsmiley

Old August 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Lol, don't bother looking by sterling heights michigan, NAKITAS!
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:26 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
I just disposed the Zellers of wave 5. Come retail stores, surprise me!

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:28 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Lol, don't bother looking by sterling heights michigan, NAKITAS!
tell me about it.. That is all that we have at our Walmarts, Toys r us's, targets, kmarts, etc. freaking nakita's. nothing else.
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
Most recently, the Wal-Mart nearest my home in Chattanooga, TN (I think it's near the Northgate area) has a good supply of 2nd Edition Rise of the Valkyrie, some Fortress of the Archyrie, a few of each Wave 5 unique booster, and, interestingly enough, Marvel Edition. I find it confusing and frustrating that they're already stocking the Marvel master set, but I see not hide nor hair of Wave 7. I'm hoping they'll skip over Wave 6, I'll be really P.O.'d to see a shelf full of that mess! Every other Wal-Mart in town has Wave 6, or so they did when I last checked...about 1.5 months ago (it's a bit of a drive to hit them all in one day just to look around).
Down the road from my Wal-Mart is a plaza including a Target, which has a decent supply. It has the 2nd Ed. RotV, Wave 6 boosters, Orm's Return, and Fortress of the Archyrie. It may have had Marvelscape, I don't remember; but we did buy an Orm's Return box before they disappear.
Oh, and last time I looked at Toys-R-Us they had a ton of Wave 5, RotV, Volcarren Wasteland, Fortress, Raknar's Vision, and a dwindling supply of a once-full shelf of flagbearers (one Jandar, one Utgar, one Vydar; I hope I can get the three I don't have soon, Vydar's included, but the other two I have). I haven't looked in so long, but surely they'll keep restocking the FGs, being a not-too-old exclusive to their store.
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
I was a bit surprised to see a full set of Wave 1: Mallidon's Prophecy at the Super Walmart in Fort Collins, CO the other day (8/25/07). Other than that, I haven't see much of interest on the shelves.
Argh, a bit too far away, the Hero pack from wave one still eludes me.
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:40 PM

PlasticAddict has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
Argh, a bit too far away, the Hero pack from wave one still eludes me.
Yesterday, I also found 3/4 of Wave 1 (except the Romans pack) at the Super Target here in Houston. The store also recently restocked with two new Orm's Return and 1 RTTF. Seeing that I only had $30, I decided to buy the Wave 1 stuff instead of the RTTF. Next day I came back for the RTTF, it was gone.
That Crossbows and Catapults game beside the ROTV master sets doesn't look that interesting. The store should get rid of it.
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:40 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
We got ROTV, and Marvel Heroscape, Also some Zombies, alot of Zombies.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Nemothy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Most the stores ive checked recently all have loads of wave 6, and I don't realy like in that wave much. I'm hoping to find a wave 1 in stores soon, I lost my omincron snipers.
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:45 PM

HovocX has disabled reputation
K/H notified me the other day of my nearby wally having a complete set of wave 1, so i went out and bought them.

normally they have RoTV, and have had castle sets at $20, a couple of nakitas.

target had a rtff, orms revenge, RoTV.

TRU had several sets of the flagbearers, VW, RoTV, castle.

Also, a local vendor had a full set of wave 7 until K/H bought them all

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion