Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
HS Campaign: Infinity Crisis!

HS Campaign by allskulls
Initial Draft
Each player begins with 70EP. Each player rolls the 20-sided die to determine Draft order (one army card at a time). A player uses EP equal to the point value of an army card divided by 10 to Draft that army card. Drafting continues in the same order until all players are satisfied or out of EP. When a player drafts or summons a common army card, that player gains exclusivity to that common card and no other player may draft or summon a like common card.

Battles
Every game session, each player is randomly paired with another. If there is an odd number of players, one game will consist of 3 players. After all players are matched up, maps are then randomly assigned (the host should have enough 2 player maps already made and a 3 player map just in case). One player rolls the 20-sided die. Add 3 to the roll and then multiply by 50 to determine the point limit of the battle. Each player randomly draws 2 Secret Mision Cards and chooses one for the battle then builds an army within the point limit, using cards from his team. Each battle will last for 7 rounds.

Winner’s Roll
After each battle, the winner (the player that received the most EP from the battle) rolls the 20-sided die...

•1-7 Gain EP equal to roll.

•8-15 Gain 1 free Summoning equal to or less than roll.

•16-19 Choose 1 destroyed Unique Card from this battle to be added to the DEAD ZONE. The player whose figure is added to the dead zone is granted EP equal to the figure’s points divided by 20.

•20 Take any 1 Glyph from 1 losing player.

EPIC BATTLE - CATACLYSM ROLL
After 8 battles, all players with the 1st and 2nd most wins will play in the EPIC BATTLE (1200pts). The Epic Battle will have 9 rounds and there will be no missions or objectives. All Glyphs from the Glyph pool are placed on the battlefield face down. The winner of the Epic Battle will make a Cataclysm Roll after making the normal Winner’s Roll. Roll the 20-sided die...

•1-4 Remove all figures from the DEAD ZONE or place any one Unique Card from any team in the DEAD ZONE.

• 5-8 Trade 1 of your Unique Cards for a Unique Card in the DEAD ZONE or cause any one player to lose all Glyphs.

• 9-12 Cause any 2 players to trade teams (figures and Glyphs). Those players will keep their EP.

• 13-16 All other players gain 20 EP or you must place 1 of your Unique Cards in the DEAD ZONE.

• 17-20 All other players lose their Glyphs or you may choose any one Glyph from the Glyph pool.

After results of Cataclysm is determined, all players go back to 0 wins except the player with the least amount of wins.

Experience Points (EP)
Players gain Experience Points (EP) during a battle through various means.

When a player destroys the last remaining figure of an army card, that player is awarded EP according to the cost of the army card.

•1EP If less than 100pts

•2EP If 100pts or more but less than 200pts

•3EP If 200pts or more but less than 300pts, etc.

SUMMONING
After each battle, players that completed their missions may summon new army cards to their team. Summoning players roll the 20-sided die to determine Summoning order (one army card at a time). A player uses EP equal to the point value of an army card divided by 10 to Summon that army card. Summoning continues in the same order until all players are satisfied or out of EP. Army cards in the DEAD ZONE may not be summoned.

TRADING
Between battles, players may trade any Army Cards, Glyphs or EP. A Trade must be of equal value. A player trading a 100pt Army Card for a 200pt Army Card must give the other player 10EP to complete the trade. All Glyphs count as 5EP. Items of Power may not be traded.

GLYPHS
A Glyph pool is created with one of each official classic Glyph. Included in the pool are Dragon Glyphs and Items Of Power. Before each battle, 3 Glyphs are randomly selected from the Glyph pool and placed on the battlefield in strategic places face-down (equal access to each army should be considered when placing Glyphs). Also, placed on the battlefield, is 1 Objective (Glyph of Brandar) for each player in the game.

Any Glyphs that a figure controls at the end of a battle will be awarded to that figure’s controller and added to that player’s team card. This excludes Temporary Glyphs, as they are removed from the battlefield after used then placed back in the Glyph pool. Any unoccupied Glyphs at the end of a battle are placed in the Glyph pool.

When placing figures at the beginning of a game, a player may spend 1EP to place any Glyphs from his team card, face-up or face-down, on any available space outside of starting zones.

Mobile Glyphs
If a figure is on a space with a Mobile Glyph and begins to move, that figure may place that Mobile Glyph on its ending space. A figure on a Mobile Glyph may, before moving, place the objective in an adjacent empty space on the same level as the figure. No more than 2 Glyphs of any kind may be on a single space at any one time. If a figure with a Mobile Glyph receives a wound, the player that caused the wound may place the Mobile Glyph on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of the wounded figure.

Mobile Glyphs and Ladders: If a figure that began movement on a Mobile Glyph ends movement on a ladder rung, the controlling player may place the Mobile Glyph on the empty space at the bottom of the ladder or the empty space at the top of the ladder.

Objectives (Glyph of Brandar) - Mobile Glyph
Players gain 3EP for each objective they have at the end of a battle.

Dragon Glyphs - Mobile Glyph
When a figure moves onto a face-down Dragon Glyph, it is turned face-up but is not treated as a Mobile Glyph. If a unique hero begins a turn on a Dragon Glyph, the controlling player may spend 1EP to activate it. An activated Dragon Glyph becomes a Mobile Glyph and the corresponding dragon is now under control of the player whose figure has the glyph. If the dragon was not on the board when the Glyph is activated, the controlling player may place the dragon within 4 clear sight spaces of the figure with the Dragon Glyph. Order Markers are never placed on a Dragon’s army card. When a Unique Hero is in control of a Dragon Glyph, that Hero may, instead of taking a turn, take a turn with the Dragon. The Dragon must begin and end its turn within clear sight of the controlling hero. A common hero or squad figure on a Dragon Glyph may not take a turn with the Dragon. If a Dragon Glyph is not controlled by a Unique Hero, the corresponding Dragon may not be used to attack figures leaving engagement.

Items of Power
Any Items of Power that a player has must be given to a unique hero in that player’s army build for each battle. If a player has more than one Item of Power, the items may be given to a single hero or split between multiple heroes.

Current Campaign: Infinity Crisis
If a player ends a battle in possession of all Infinity Gems, the next battle becomes the Infinity Crisis. The gem holder chooses any 1 current map for the battle and places one unique hero anywhere on the board with all the Infinity Gems. All other players are considered the Alliance. Each player in the Alliance places a 800pt army anywhere on the battlefield and no Glyphs. Alliance figures must be placed at least 8 spaces away from the figure holding the Infinity Gauntlet. The Gauntlet holder is automatically given initiative for the first round. If the Gauntlet holder is destroyed before the end of 12 rounds, the Alliance wins and all of the Infinity Gems are placed in the Glyph pool. If the Gauntlet holder destroys all of the Alliance figures or survives 12 rounds, the Gauntlet holder wins then destroys the universe and starts it over. The campaign is complete and all army cards, glyphs and EP are removed from each players’ team and the DEAD ZONE is emptied. If beginning a new campaign, the winner of the previous begins with 20 extra EP.
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:38 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
I like the DEAD POOL set-up alot and the ability to put an opponets card into that group.

My group is just getting going with HS, I may be stealing this scenario...
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:40 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Looks good, but how are you breaking up squad points? If Drake destroys 1 member of a squad does he get a EP point or no? If a Venoc Viper destroys a Tarn Viking does it recieve 1 or 3 EP points? (Each individual Viper would be worth 13.3 while each tarn is worth 12.5, but the Tarn Vikings as a whole are 10 points more)

Old August 31st, 2007, 11:43 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
I like the DEAD POOL set-up alot and the ability to put an opponets card into that group.
I like the simplicity of this...might be fun to try.

The rules as given don't explicitly say it, but I am guessing that a unit goes into the DEAD ZONE when they are destroyed?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:45 AM
Grindmaster

nyys- Let us know how yours turns out too

hi1- We will be using full value. I figure a 4 man firing squad that costs 70pts should be counted as 70pts for EP purposes. The squad heavy teams will be targets for racking up EP.
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:47 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
The rules as given don't explicitly say it, but I am guessing that a unit goes into the DEAD ZONE when they are destroyed?
Not quite. After a game, the winner rolls the D20. If he gets 16-19, he may add any 1 destroyed unique hero to the DEAD ZONE or gain EP equal to the roll.

EDIT: There will be other ways for figures to be added to the DEAD ZONE. An assassination mission will be one way.
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Grindmaster

Added objective rules and secret missions
Old September 6th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Grindmaster

Completed draft and played our first 2 battles!

Updated rules in first post. Changed how EP is awarded and added the Amulets of Power to spice it up a bit.

The initial draft (keep in mind when a player picks a common card, no other player may pick that same common card):

Player 1
Syvarris 100
Storm 260 (my custom)
Einar Imperium 140 x2
Isamu 10
Guilty McCreech 30
680pts 2EP

Player 2
Marro Hive 160
Marro Stingers 60 x2
Marro Drudge 50 x2
Nightcrawler 150 (my custom)
Cyclops 140 (my custom)
670pts 3EP

Player 3
Silver Surfer 320
Gladiatrons 70 x2
Blastatrons 60 x2
Agent Carr 100
680pts 2EP

Player 4
Wolverine 240
Daredevil 120 (a custom of Player 4's own creation...not on the boards yet)
Kang 220 (Fallen Templar's custom)
Ashigaru Harquebus 60 x2
700pts

Player 5
Professor X 75 (my custom...with changes yet to be posted)
Iceman 130 (my custom)
Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Roman Legionaires 50
Jean Grey 120 (my custom)
Sentinels of Jandar
700pts

Player 6
Kelda 80
Blink 175 (my custom)
Magneto 310 (my custom)
Krav Maga Agents 100
665pts 3EP

Player 7
Hulk 370
Airborne Elite 110
Anubian Wolves 75 x2
Dumetef Guard 25 x2
680pts 2EP

Player 8 (Me )
Captain America 220
Sonlen 160
Sgt. Drake Alexander 170
4th Massachusetts Line 70
Shaolin Monks 80
700pts

1st Battle 700pts (Player 5 does not play due to a toe injury)

Player 4 vs Player 6: Magneto ruled the board. Player 6 wins.

Player 1 vs Player 7: Hulk is the strongest there is and the last man standing.

Player 2 vs Player 3 vs Player 8: My secret mission was to target a common squad so I go after Player 3's Glad/Blast combo while the Marro menace swarm the board and take control. Player 2 wins and gains the Dragon Glyph of Charos and a free common summoning (that's my boy...player 2 is my son ). I completed my mission so Player 3 loses a squad of Blastatrons

Summoning Round

Player 1 summons Warriors of Ashra.
Player 2 summons Marro Drones and an additional Marro Drones with his free summoning from the winner's roll.
Player 3 summons Wasp (custom by whitestuff)
Player 6 summons Angel (my custom)
Player 7 summons Kaemon Awa
Player 8 summons a second squad of Shoalin Monks

2nd Battle 750pts (Player 5 is still out due to a toe injury, Player 1 is choreographing in the studio, Players 2 & 7 are out due to bedtime)

Player 4 vs Player 6: The rematch. This time Magneto is taken down and Player 4 gains the Glyph of Valdarul. Player 4 wins.

Player 3 vs Player 8: The Monks, led by Cap, tore through the Glad/Blast combo. In the end, I claimed 2 objectives and the Dragon Glyph of Yinwar (my custom). The last order marker found Surfer on the defense glyph with 2 life remaining. Sonlen's dragon swoops in and wounds the Surfer but could not finish him. Player 3 gains the Glyph of Gerda. I lost the squad of Monks I just summoned since Player 3 pulled the same mission I completed against him in the 1st battle but I still won

Summoning Round

Player 1 summons a second Warriors of Ashra.
Player 3 summons Laglor
Player 6 summons Raelin ROTV
Player 8 summons a second squad of Shoalin Monks...again

Players gained EP equal to the average EP in the games they missed. Those that missed summoning rounds will be granted the opportunity to make up for it before their next battle.

This was some fun gaming! Looking forward to next week
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Grindmaster

Updated campaign rules since there was some interest shown. Thanks, Jonathan

We just finished our 7th battle and I have 2 wins, with a 3-way tie for 3rd place. One player has 4 wins and another has 3. I'm hoping to face one of them next week so I can have a shot at the Epic Battle.

We haven't added the Infinity Gems yet so any critique before our next seesion (Wednesday) would be appreciated.

I was going to keep an updated report on our battles here but that's not going to happen so is there a mod out there who can move this to the additions section?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports