Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 27th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The TNT Book of Batman(IAmBatman)

The TNT Book of Batman
Here's the link to Batman's TNT trial: Batman's trial

Q:Does a successful "I Am the Night" roll take away any chance for an opponent to use a power that occurs after a turn, i.e. Frenzy, Rod of Negation, Overextend, etc.?

A: No, when Batman uses "I Am the Night" the opponent's turn ends. After taking the "I Am the Night" turn, an opponent may use any powers that occur "after taking a turn."

Synergy Benefits Received
Marvel+other TNTs:
  • TBA
Classic:
  • TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
Marvel+other TNTs:
  • N/A
Classic:
  • N/A
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Looks good!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Looks good. we lost a comment in here from rdhight about counting spaces for "I am the Night." I had read it before it was deleted. I think this was the gist of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1 thinks that rdhight
A question about "I Am the Night." When counting spaces between Batman and the attacker do only spaces between them happen or all spaces ebtween, including the space Batman was on.

For example: A figure shoots Batman from his maximum range of 6. Would he recieve +2 in his roll, since there are 5 spaces between them, or would he get +3 since he is attacking from 6 spaces away?

Old July 29th, 2007, 11:49 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Between means between. My interpretation (this was not my original wording, but suggested wording I took on) is that it does not include the spaces either of them are on.
I'm eager to see what Grungebob had to say.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Between means between. My interpretation (this was not my original wording, but suggested wording I took on) is that it does not include the spaces either of them are on.
I'm eager to see what Grungebob had to say.
Well there are a variety of tweaks I feel are essential to this character. There are wording mistakes in Batline it says "choose an space empty space" should say Choose an empty space. Otherwise nice. Batarang is good.

It is "I am the night" I am having problems with. I think it has issues with units that use powers such as frenzy, or against your opponent's Batman. If you have a combination of Frenzy units, and an opposing Batman it could get broken and confusing. In fact any ability that happens after taking a turn with a unit might be an issue. So say I fire at Batman with an Aubrian Archer and and Batman successfully rolls his IATN, moves forward and attacks MY batman, causing MY batman to get an IATN roll, and say I attack his Batman triggering his IATN, anyways seems extreme but after It is all done then the Aubrians roll for frenzy (which happens after taking a turn). These clunky and awkward situations are what have prevented us from using similar powers in the past. If Batman is not allowed to attack when he has a successfull IATN, it fixes it, but removes some of the fun. There are other good fixes though if you want ideas.

What I propose would look something like this:

I AM THE NIGHT
Before rolling defense dice for Batman against a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for every 2 spaces between the attacking figure and Batman. If you roll a 17 or higher, Batman takes no wounds, may immediately move using his Batline move, and the attacking figure receives one automatic wound.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM

Hmm, it hadn't occurred to me that frenzy rolls occur after a turn is over. Our intention with "I Am the Night" was that the figure attacking Batman couldn't perform any actions whatsoever (turn and any opportunity to roll for any, etc.) was ended with a successful roll for "I Am the Night" (this includes any bonding problems).
I think we could either try to put this in the text, or consider it a simple FAQ clarification, which could be put in this thread, since I'm not sure exactly how we could word it better in the abilities text.
The typo is a good point and an easy fix. Thanks for that.
As for playing two Batmans - well, I'd say it's not recommended, thematically or gameplaywise. There's only one Batman. But if you want to use two, then that's something you'll have to deal with.

edit: And I'm not sure I'm a big fan of auto wounds ...

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Hmm, it hadn't occurred to me that frenzy rolls occur after a turn is over. Our intention with "I Am the Night" was that the figure attacking Batman couldn't perform any actions whatsoever (turn and any opportunity to roll for any, etc.) was ended with a successful roll for "I Am the Night" (this includes any bonding problems).
I think we could either try to put this in the text, or consider it a simple FAQ clarification, which could be put in this thread, since I'm not sure exactly how we could word it better in the abilities text.
The typo is a good point and an easy fix. Thanks for that.
As for playing two Batmans - well, I'd say it's not recommended, thematically or gameplaywise. There's only one Batman. But if you want to use two, then that's something you'll have to deal with.

edit: And I'm not sure I'm a big fan of auto wounds ...
Actually it is not an auto-wound it requires Batman's successful roll. Sure you could fix it with exceptions extra wording and FAQ's, but one of the challenges of custom design is to attempt to avoid that. And man I've been playing Heroscape a long time. Long enough to klnow that folks will play Sgt Drake against Sgt Drake, Q9 against Q9... It will happen.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:42 PM

How about ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Night
Before Batman rolls defense dice against a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the final roll for every 2 spaces between the attacking figure and Batman. If you roll a 17 or higher, Batman receives no wounds, the attacking figure's cannot make any more actions, and you may take an immediate turn with Batman.

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
How about ...
Quote:
Before Batman rolls defense dice against a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the final roll for every 2 spaces between the attacking figure and Batman. If you roll a 17 or higher, Batman receives no wounds, the attacking figure's cannot make any more actions, and you may take an immediate turn with Batman.
I don't think that wording solves any of the issues. The powers that take affect do it "after taking a turn with".

EDIT: Please know that I do understand that I am a day late and a dollar short on this discussion, but I am honestly surprised that it made it to the TNT without at least confronting these issues.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM

I'm disappointed no one came up with these points earlier either. That said, I'm reluctant to tear it completely open at this point (there's a certain point where you just want to move on with a custom), so I'm hoping to find a quick fix of sorts.

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM

How about ...
Quote:
Before Batman rolls defense dice against a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the final roll for every 2 spaces between the attacking figure and Batman. If you roll a 17 or higher, Batman receives no wounds, you may take an immediate turn with Batman, and then immediately move on to the next Order Marker.
That sounds a bit confusing - so I'm sure there's a better way to word it - but something that would trigger automatically turning over the next Order Marker would then negate any after turn actions (since those actions would have to be performed before the next Order Marker designated turn starts).

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
I'm disappointed no one came up with these points earlier either. That said, I'm reluctant to tear it completely open at this point (there's a certain point where you just want to move on with a custom), so I'm hoping to find a quick fix of sorts.
Don't make any sudden changes, just think it over. As the first inductee to the TNT we want the unit to be as close to perfect as possible, so this is a worthwhile endeavor, but no need to rush. Perhaps others will chime in with input.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations