Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Venoc Vipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I once won I game in one turn(a game of CtF, at Gencon) with these guys. With the VW, I got them to a move glyph. I frenzied and got one viper to the flag, killed the only figure adjacent to it, and the rules stated taht I met victory conditions, so therefore I won in one turn.
Wow! I'd love to see the reaction on you opponent's face. That would have been priceless.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I once won I game in one turn(a game of CtF, at Gencon) with these guys. With the VW, I got them to a move glyph. I frenzied and got one viper to the flag, killed the only figure adjacent to it, and the rules stated that I met victory conditions, so therefore I won in one turn.

That's awesome. Bet the other guy raged.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM

Pflugervillian is surprisingly tart

Now I am batteling my younger brother.

Me
7x Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord
Raelin(RotV)

Him
D8000
Major Q10
Zettian Guards
Syvarris
Isamu
other stuff

He haa Isamu, D8000 and the Zettian Guards left.
I have 5 Venoc Vipers, Venoc Warlord and Raeliin

I love the Vecocs ability to hit fast and I am suprised at how well they are doing because I told my brother my army to se how he would respond and so far hasn't countered well, but I am failing and never moved Raelin out for possible defense. Go Frenzy!!!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

First off, the Vipers don't need Raelin. Their fast move makes it hard to keep under her aura. You would really need a clean up figure instead for them

DW8K is a hard match up for the Vipers; at this point it may be best to fly in Raelin in an attempt to take him down.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:57 PM

Pflugervillian is surprisingly tart

I totally agree. I never used Raelin and the army was just an experiment because I had never used the Venoc Vipers before and I used glyphs to represent the 18 I didn't have. I thought I was going to lose but, my brother failed to hit me with his Zettian Guards and then my Venoc Viper got height advantage on D8000 and took him out. My other two killed Isamu and a guard. Then I got a 21 and killed the last Zettian to take out 210 point in one turn with a 40 point squad. I couldn't believe how fast it ended or that my brother didn't rapid fire his way to victory.
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:12 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

If I weren't so bent on playing a classic Roman build this weekend, I'd love to play...

VW 120
Venocs x4 280
Major Q10 430
Zetacron 490
Isamu 500

I would send in a squad of vipers for early glyph grabbing and follow up with Q10 to soften up opponent's squads quite nicely. After that, the plan is simple: swarm with vipers and keep up Q10's steady barrage. When most of these units are dead, you can always use Zetacron, the Warlord, and Isamu to clean up.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
If I weren't so bent on playing a classic Roman build this weekend, I'd love to play...

VW 120
Venocs x4 280
Major Q10 430
Zetacron 490
Isamu 500

I would send in a squad of vipers for early glyph grabbing and follow up with Q10 to soften up opponent's squads quite nicely. After that, the plan is simple: swarm with vipers and keep up Q10's steady barrage. When most of these units are dead, you can always use Zetacron, the Warlord, and Isamu to clean up.
I like it, but it doesn't really feel like enough Venocs to truly 'swarm' the opponent. Q10 is a great compliment to them, but having him and Zetacron seems a bit redundant. Maybe downgrade one of the heroes to accommodate one more squad?

I was thinking...

Warlord 120
Venocs x5 320
Kaemon Awa 440
Zetacron 500
or...

Warlord 120
Venocs x5 320
Q10 470
McCreech or Isamu+Marcu 500

With Venoc Vipers, it's 'the more, the merrier'. And don't forget to swarm, swarm, swarm!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You are correct on the first part nate; you really need 5x Vipers to have an effective army. Q10 should stay in your army but Zetacron should go. Vipers almost always need Venoc Warlord.

As to the "swarm, swarm, swarm" part, you should be be tactful than that, by choosing your targets carefully and making sure none of your Vipers die just sitting around. If they are going to die, it should be in their enemy's face.

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 14th, 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: You have summoned The Viper King. ;)
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:19 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
You are correct on the first part nate; you really need 5x Vipers to have an effective army. Q10 should stay in your army but Zetacron should go. Vipers almost always need Venoc Warlord.

As to the "swarm, swarm, swarm" part, you should be be tactful than that, by choosing your targets carefully and making sure none of your Vipers die just sitting around. If they are going to die, it should be in their enemy's face.
Oh, mighty Viper King, I do so agree with the wisdom you've shared! I enjoy viper swarms more than I probably should, and as such allowed my enthusiasm for the army to guide my post!

Of course, you ought to never leave your poor zero-defense vipers to act if they can't deal some damage; after all, Frenzy is never guaranteed. That said, with 9 move and a standard BOV-style map, the turns in which you can't get a full squad to attack the opponent should be the exception, not the rule. When you're not taking turns with Venocs, your special attacker (multi-attacker) should be able to fill the gaps in the Vipers' onslaught.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Oh, mighty Viper King, I do so agree with the wisdom you've shared! I enjoy viper swarms more than I probably should, and as such allowed my enthusiasm for the army to guide my post!

Of course, you ought to never leave your poor zero-defense vipers to act if they can't deal some damage; after all, Frenzy is never guaranteed. That said, with 9 move and a standard BOV-style map, the turns in which you can't get a full squad to attack the opponent should be the exception, not the rule. When you're not taking turns with Venocs, your special attacker (multi-attacker) should be able to fill the gaps in the Vipers' onslaught.
Awww.

You had the right idea on both posts, nate. I was just trying to explain in more depth. Though I would suggest that you only attack with 1 or 2 per turn, and bring another 2 or 1 up from the back, to keep your attacking front in position for your next turn, unless you got a really good hero to attack or your opponent strung himself out.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:42 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Venoc Vipers
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:50 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Just played a match with a bunch of random figures including 1 squad of venocs. About half-way through the game. My opponents knights pinned down by reavers. I knew had to make a move i moved my venocs nine ( go venoc warlord ). They killed the swog on the move +2 that was allowing the knights to swarm the map. One shot he was gone. Next turn my opponent attacks with hawthorne and whiffs XD. My turn and well..... hell broke loose. The vipers did 2 damage, got frenzy and killed him. Rolled frenzy again attacked and wounded finn. Rolled again and did one more damage. That was with 2 venocs the last was on the move glyph.
I won that match
The venocs managed to kill 155 points. (40 points for 50% finn's health.)
Never underestimate a snake

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units