Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old February 9th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker
The Sunken Crypt

The Sunken Crypt is a HEROSCAPE Campaign Scenario designed for three players - two "Hero Players" and one "Enemy Player". The campaign consists of four Adventure Areas on three different levels of terrain. The entire campaign takes about 2 hours to play.

If you play through the campaign, please let me know in this thread. I'd love to hear which heroes you used and how it went.

PS - The slideshow link in my sig has been updated with lots of pictures of the Sunken Crypt!

UPDATE: Here's the listing of The Sunken Crypt in the excellent Velenne Format:

The Sunken Crypt - by Scott
A Dungeon for 3 Players
  • Gameplay specifications
    • 4 Adventure Areas
    • For Experienced Players
    • Approximate Playtime: 2 hours
    • Figures Required:
      • Granite Guardians, Fyorlag Spiders, Shades of Bleakwood, Sudema, Khosumet the Dark Lord, Dumutef Guard, Anubian Wolves, Theracus, Arrow Gruts, Blade Gruts, Heavy Gruts, Grimnak, Krug, Ornak or Tornak, Raelin (either), Dzu-Teh, plus 400 points worth of fantasy heroes (list provided)
  • Build specifications
    • Terrain Requirements
      • Entire Dungeon: D&D Master Set (MS3), Fortress of the Archkyrie , Thaelenk Tundra, Road to the Forgotten Forest, Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set (MS1), additional Master Sets/Expansions
        • Adventure Areas 1 & 2 can be built separately from Adventure Areas 3 & 4.
        • List of Required Hexes: Grass 3 One-Hex, 2 Two-Hex, 3 Three-Hex, 3 Twenty-Four-Hex
          Rock 8 One-Hex, 7 Two-Hex, 6 Three-Hex, 4 Seven-Hex, 2 Twenty-Four-Hex Sand 2 Two-Hex Snow 5 One-Hex, 3 Two-Hex, 2 Single-Glaciers, 1 Three-Hex-Glacier
          Water 8 Ice 10 Ruin 1 Large Road 1 Full Set Castle 1 Full Set Dungeon 1 Full Set
          Any Terrain 47 One-Hex, 43 Two-Hex, 19 Three-Hex, 21 Seven-Hex, 4 Twenty-Four-Hex
    • Dimensions
      • Entire Dungeon: 34 inches x 32 inches - 34 levels
      • Top Half Only: 19 inches x 21 inches - 21 levels
    • Approximate Build Time: 1 hour

Last edited by Scott; March 4th, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:11 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Sunken Crypt

Well played!! Very interesting setup...
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Scott, that map looks really cool. The generic tiles and callouts on the build instructions are a nice touch.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Hey Scott, that map looks really cool. The generic tiles and callouts on the build instructions are a nice touch.
Thanks! I figured that might help folks that haven't built a lot of vertical stuff or bought different terrain sets than me along the way.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow!

The pink for the generic stuff is a nice touch, IMO. ^_^

As soon as I disassemble everything I have set up now (it's a lot, but...), I'm going to set this up and play it right away! It looks awesome! +rep

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there suitable substitute for the Tundra set? For the snow tiles I could substitute anything but how critical is the ice and glaciers? Would it be possible to substitute additional rocks for the glaciers?

Old February 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM

BadBird is surprisingly tart

Scott this looks amazing. I'm going to set this one up, can't wait to try it.

Good trades with: Porkins, Sup3rS0n1c, Devil's Advocate
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Is there suitable substitute for the Tundra set? For the snow tiles I could substitute anything but how critical is the ice and glaciers? Would it be possible to substitute additional rocks for the glaciers?
Well it's kinda thematic , but as long as long as you apply the movement rules to whatever terrain you substitute it should work out the same. Also, the Dzu-Teh have Glacier Traverse and Glacier Camouflage so if you substitute rocks then you need to be aware of which ones those powers will work on.

For added fun, though, I would substitute Volcarren Wasteland for the Tundra and give them the Obsidian Guards instead. That way heroes can sacrifice themselves on the molten lava spaces to activate them! Yeah, that would change the balance a bit, but still, more fun!
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:00 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's taking too long to download.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Sorry, lots of pictures and graphics and stuff. Still, only 7mb, shouldn't take too long.

Were you able to get it?
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I got it printed out and will try it at the first opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Sorry, lots of pictures and graphics and stuff. Still, only 7mb, shouldn't take too long.

Were you able to get it?
No.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios