Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old August 10th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
The Finals are on Fire Isles.

dok (5-1) v. kevindola (5-1)
dok: * Grok Riders x2, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marro Warriors, Roman Legionnaires, Marcu Esenwein
kevindola: * Goblin Cutters x4, Jotun, Moltenclaw
kevindola chooses to place first or second.
Old August 17th, 2016, 04:46 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Season 24 - Gencon Prep - PLAYOFFS

dok and I should be playing tonight. Around 9pm central with a google hangout available to chat or just listen in.
Old August 19th, 2016, 10:49 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Season 24 - Gencon Prep - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA

Finals Report:

This was the 4th time that we met in an OHS finals game (I don’t believe anyone else has even met twice). We swapped armies for one last time and got underway

Map: Fire Isles (Wannok, Ulinavia)
Dok: Grok Riders x2, Raelin, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Roman Legion x1, Marro Warriors, Marcu Esenwein
Kevindola: Cutters x4, Jotun, Moltenclaw

Cutters for me! They seem to be doing quite well in the reverse the whip format. @I.S.B.3 just won the Main Event with a force of cutters, and 2 years ago I won the OHS Prep event with Cutters and Jotun. Let’s see if I can get them a playoff win since they went 0-8 in the playoffs across those 2 events. Fortunately, you know, dok is playing Grok Riders.

Round 1: kevindola wins initiative
My Round 1 is all Molty and dok is all Grokilicous. It goes my way quite nicely. Moltenclaw is able to kill 3 Grok Riders and hit NGS for a wound, while dok gets 2 on Moltenclaw, but Jotun blocks two attacks of 4. A grok Rider also claims the Unique Attack. Finally, Me-Burq-Sa takes a wound from lava at the end of the round.

Round 2: kevindola wins initiative
I win an initiative that allows me to prevent a second heightened Grok attack by mobbing him with cutters. (4th Grok dead). 5 attack MBS puts 2 wounds on Jotun. The 2 life MBS who is out of Raelin’s aura is then mobbed and killed. The Marro Warriors come out but are only able to kill a single cutter in their two turns (attacks against Moltenclaw fail) I mob the Unique attack Grok to kill him (5th grok dead)

Round 3: dok wins initiative
The Marro Warriors are able to put 2 hits on Moltenclaw (4 total) before being engaged by Cutters. Raelin takes the level 3 island near dok’s startzone and moltenclaw misses a burning breath against a MW and Raelin. Dok moves out Romans and I get a lucky 2v5 hit on a Marro Warrior from the cutters. That hit was pretty important because dok has a pretty solid wall set up in Rae’s aura. Lava claims a cutter (#2)

Round 4: dok wins initiative
Marros attack and in an effort to keep them engaged and off of Moltenclaw they kill 2 cutters (#3 and #4). Moltenclaw hits a key 3 skull Flame that kills 2 Marro Warriors leaving 1. The slow moving romans plod on and Moltenclaw kills 1 and gets a hit on Raelin. Dok fails a water clone with his sole Marro and Jotun moves out from my startzone. Ne-Gok takes his 2nd wound from lava damage.

Round 5: dok wins initiative
An important one. There is only a single Grok Rider left, but dok risks an order marker there and it pays off big time. He wins the intiaitve and the 7 move allows him to reach Moltenclaw and his 3v3 puts the final 2 wounds on Moltenclaw killing the dragon and losing me an order marker. Ne-Gok-Sa kills a cutter (#5) and my cutters fail all attack. The Romans kill a cutter (#6) and then Jotun steps up to meet the Mind Shackling warlord. Jotun picks him up and tosses him into lava where he promptly dies. Jotun takes a 3rd wound at the end of the round from lava.

As a fun aside, I got 25 mind shackle attempts coming up empty in the 4 regular games. My opponents got 0 mind shackles attempts in my 3 games.

Matchup
Dok: 3 Romans, 4 life Raelin, 1 Grok Rider, 1 Marro Warrior, Marcu
Kevindola: 4 life Jotun, 10 Cutters

Round 6: dok wins initiative
Another water clone fail. Jotun smashes the last Grok Rider. Romans, now warlordless, move around failing a single attack up at Jotun. Cutters kill 1 Roman and get Marcu for 2 wounds. The single Marro finally clones and Jotun Smashes a Roman in his path.
I took no casualties this round while dok lost 2 Romans and Marcu took 2 wounds, but dok went +1 Marro Warrior

Matchup
Dok: 2 Marro Warriors, 4 life Raelin, 1 Roman, 4 life Marcu
Kevindola: 4 life Jotun, 10 Cutters

Round 7: dok wins initiative
Dok wins his 5th initiative in a row and prevents Jotun from wild swinging the last 2 Marro warriors. Instead the scatter and clone to full strength.

Yay.

Jotun comes in and fails a throw and his 1 skull wild swing against 2 Marros fails, although gets Raelin for her 2nd wound.
The now full strength marros scatter and kill a cutter (#7) and hit Jotun for his 4th wound. Jotun smashes a Marro Warrior and the Marro warrior then claim Wannok and kill a cutter (#8.) to get me to half the original amount. (noteworthy that the marros have all moved outside of Raelin’s aura) My last order marker sees me get 4 attacks from cutters to Marro Warrior but only kill one (#5). Fortunately it was the most important one (the one on Wannok). Noteworthy that dok’s forces are the same as the previous round. (less one life for Rae)

Matchup
Dok: 2 Marro Warriors, 3 life Raelin, 1 Roman, 4 life Marcu
Kevindola: 3 life Jotun, 8 Cutters

Round 8: dok wins initiative
A 6th straight initiative win and perhaps the most crucial for dok. A win by me gets 4 cutter attacks on the two surviving Marros and 3 of them from height. Instead dok kills 2 cutters (#9 and #10) as I keep one engaged to force a 2v2 instead of a 3v4 down on Jotun and give me a mob potential if I block. My cutters do manage to kill one of the Marros (#6). Dok makes a huge gamble with his sole surviving Marro. He disengages from a cutter. And drop into water by Ulinava and clones back to 2. I get 2 heightened attacks on those Marros, but both attacks fail. Dok then disengages AGAIN and I miss AGAIN. He takes Ulinavia and successfully land clones and water clones. He is scarily back to full strength with the Marros. Twice being knocked down to a single Marro. Fortuantely with my last OM, I am able to kill 2 of them denying dok a chance a turn to scatter them.

Noteworthy that again dok’s forces are the same as the previous round. (less one life for Marcu)

Dok: 2 Marro Warriors, 3 life Raelin, 1 Roman, 3 life Marcu
Kevindola: 3 life Jotun, 6 Cutters

Round 9: dok wins initiative
Another dok initaitve that prevents a mob on one of the last two marros. They kill a Cutter (#11). I do get a mob and kill a Marro Warrior (#9…yes the 9th marro warrior I have killed) dok kills a cutter (#12). And here I leave the Marro door wide open having shifted my last two order markers to Jotun.

(I don’t know though. The Marros appeared to be whittling away my cutters to something less then desirable and I didn’t like Raelin still alive and Marcu also had attacking power. Perhaps the wise course would have been to maximize the chances the cutters extinguish the marros, but I had scenarios playing where dok killed a few cutters with marros then switched to Marcu and got a lucky kill on Jotun allowing Raelin to take Wannok or just stay on her level 3 perch that the cutters couldn’t attack to. )

Regardless Jotun smashes Raelin like jelly with a 6 skull attack. The Marro Warrior then amazingly misses a 4v1 attack against the cutter. Huge. Jotun then smashes the last Roman.

Matchup:
Dok: 1 Marro Warrior, 3 life Marcu
Kevindola: 3 life Jotun, 4 Cutters

Round 10: dok wins initiative
Another dok initiative win prevent mob as he kills a cutter to get me under a full squad (#13). But a 2v4 gets through to kill dok’s 10th and final Marro Warrior. If he had blocked the 2v4 he likely kills another cutter, he would have seen another 3 mix of 2v3 and 2v4 attacks, but if he survives to clone, he is going to win.

Instead the cutters are able to finish off Marcu following dok’s lost order markers.

kevindola win with a 3 life Jotun and 3 Goblin cutters.

Great game as always dok A lot tighter than I thought it was going to be

Danger: excessive bragging below
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 19th, 2016, 11:45 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Great summary kd. I knew I needed some breaks to win that matchup, and early on I did NOT get them. The Moltenclaw fury early, and the NGS toss into lava, were both gut punches. I also was kicking myself for spreading the Marros right before you shifted OMs from Jotun back onto cutters.

I pretty much had to take the huge risks at the end, and they very nearly paid off. The disengage with my last MW, with OMs sitting on him, was one of those great YOLO moments you sometimes get in 'scape.

Good game as always. Next time I'll have to fix the early round matchups to get us together so you can't make the playoffs with such a OP (UP?) army.
Old August 19th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Wow! what a fun battle report to read! Sounds again like another epic playoff game! Bummed I missed it...I kept an eye on this thread, but somehow didn't see the update of when you posted the game would be played. Oh well...either way...ya'll are going to be in the new OH tourney they just announced right? - b/c like nobody has commented on it

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events