Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How should we group articles based on Classic/Custom?
Keep them separate 16 51.61%
Put it all together 10 32.26%
I don't care 3 9.68%
Other (Please explain) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Use of Customs Strategy in The Codex: Survey/Discussion

I voted separate.

Even though I use C3V in all my games at my house, my local tournaments rarely allow VC and I know that there are several people who want nothing to do with it.
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

When we play, we mix mash everything together. So I voted together. From what I understand, HoSS was tested with classic and VC. Theme wise, it might make sense to keep them separate, but we have mixed them together regularly with no problems.
Old November 17th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

I voted together.

Strategy stays strategy, and it's useful even if you don't the figures. On top of that, with the end of Scape, we don't really have a choice and need to realises that without customs, we are lost... One day we'll run out of things to say about "normal" figures.

But whatever wins, bringing the Codex back is awesome !
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

When I first got into heroscape, somehow I found the Codex before finding Heroscapers.com. When I read it, that is what first made me aware of customs. However, one thing I disliked about the codex in general if I remember correctly was that it was not in a cohesive order of articles, with sidebars everywhere, although most print magazines are the same. Anyway, as long as the title is marked custom and maybe somehow the header is in a different type or backround color, the order I guess doesn't matter in an ezine, I prefer it to have some order.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I voted other, C3V is the future of classic scape and helps bring playability to some units. C3G is for super hero scape and needs to be seperate from classic. HOSS is playtested wih C3V and classic, so I'd say it could be mixed.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Don't separate them! It's too hard to find all the info on a given figure. I'm fairly new here and I haven't looked at the Codex, but I say let's include the customs with the classic stuff every chance we get. The VC figures fit in VERY WELL with classic Scape. As a rule, they are fairly highly ranked in the power rankings, thus making them fun and interesting to play. With well balanced, fun and affordable new figures always being released, why would the community choose to exclude them? They're awesome and they deserve to be included! This is just my opinion, but I think the Books of classic figures should include any synergies and bonding that occurs with the customs. There are obviously other people, like myself, using this website that are not yet fully versed in Heroscape, and when you are trying to learn EVERYTHING, it's a challenge. Isn't it silly, this many years after the official product went out of print, to keep them separate? I guarantee more people would be actively collecting the custom stuff if they knew what it did, and if it wasn't such a challenge to find info on it. A few months ago, I sat down and read every single VC card but I don't remember it all. I don't really learn most cards until I have played the figure, or at least, played against the figure. I love this website, but to be honest, there's quite a lot to sift through here. Anyone interested in the customs would first need to actually find the Books of Customs and let's be honest...if they aren't looking for that, they aren't going to find it lol. It would then be up to them, like me, to sit and read through it all. For the longest time, I had no idea that the Book of a custom figure would included links to synergy and bonding with classic figures but not the other way around.
To anyone trying to get the most out of their Heroscape experience, I think the real question is, how do you NOT include customs with classic Scape?

Last edited by RAGNAROK; November 18th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

As the person in charge of the Books, RAGNAROK, sadly I cannot include customs into the Classic Books because there are those that are not interested in customs and it's not right to confuse them.

(I once made a mistake updating the Books, quoting Quahon instead of Nilfheilm, and one guy had no clue who that was and why it was there.)

It has to stay that way for clarity's sake.

So, in that vein, the articles should be kept separate and near the end of the magazine, and denoted as customs, so as to not offend or upset those that do not wish to see customs in discussion of classic scape.
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Perhaps (at the beginning of a customs section) there could be an article on "The Evolution of Scape"? An overview of the various customs projects (VC/C3V/SoV, C3G, HoSS, HoF, etc.) might be useful for those who don't hang out here all the time.
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that there should be two or three general sections with regards to this topic.

1. Classic units only

2. Custom units only

3. Mix (could also be in the customs section instead)

Then everybody is happy: the classic fans (I included) have their section and customs have theirs while still having strategy on mixing the two together.
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGNAROK View Post
Don't separate them! It's too hard to find all the info on a given figure. I'm fairly new here and I haven't looked at the Codex, but I say let's include the customs with the classic stuff every chance we get. The VC figures fit in VERY WELL with classic Scape. As a rule, they are fairly highly ranked in the power rankings, thus making them fun and interesting to play. With well balanced, fun and affordable new figures always being released, why would the community choose to exclude them? They're awesome and they deserve to be included! This is just my opinion, but I think the Books of classic figures should include any synergies and bonding that occurs with the customs. There are obviously other people, like myself, using this website that are not yet fully versed in Heroscape, and when you are trying to learn EVERYTHING, it's a challenge. Isn't it silly, this many years after the official product went out of print, to keep them separate? I guarantee more people would be actively collecting the custom stuff if they knew what it did, and if it wasn't such a challenge to find info on it. A few months ago, I sat down and read every single VC card but I don't remember it all. I don't really learn most cards until I have played the figure, or at least, played against the figure. I love this website, but to be honest, there's quite a lot to sift through here. Anyone interested in the customs would first need to actually find the Books of Customs and let's be honest...if they aren't looking for that, they aren't going to find it lol. It would then be up to them, like me, to sit and read through it all. For the longest time, I had no idea that the Book of a custom figure would included links to synergy and bonding with classic figures but not the other way around.
To anyone trying to get the most out of their Heroscape experience, I think the real question is, how do you NOT include customs with classic Scape?
There are a variety of reasons why people don't like customs. It's just a matter of opinion.
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Thanks for all of your opinions and votes everyone. This has really helped us prepare for our first issue

-NS
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:42 PM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
As the person in charge of the Books, RAGNAROK, sadly I cannot include customs into the Classic Books because there are those that are not interested in customs and it's not right to confuse them.

(I once made a mistake updating the Books, quoting Quahon instead of Nilfheilm, and one guy had no clue who that was and why it was there.)

It has to stay that way for clarity's sake.

So, in that vein, the articles should be kept separate and near the end of the magazine, and denoted as customs, so as to not offend or upset those that do not wish to see customs in discussion of classic scape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
There are a variety of reasons why people don't like customs. It's just a matter of opinion.
I understand.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion