Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:42 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book Of Sauron (Breathing)

Quote:
HYPNOTIC STARE/GAZE
After moving, instead of attacking, you may choose any figure adjacent to Sauron and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to your roll if the chosen figure has the Hypnotized personality. If you roll a 13 or higher, take control of that figure and immediately take a turn with the chosen figure. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before Hypnosis. All Order Markers that were on the chosen figure’s card will stay on the card. For the rest of the round, the chosen figure has the Hypnotized personality instead of what is listed on its card.
Thoughts on this? It would allow him to add in the personality on his own without help from the spell/Mordo.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 11:34 AM

Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I like it.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:00 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Good start!

Do we need the Mutant call out? Giving him +1 attack and defense against them is a pretty huge bonus. I like to always check if such a counter-draft style power is really needed, as that automatically makes him more niche.

Speaking of mutants, are we good on the species here? I've heard him called a mutant before. Also a mutate, also other stuff. Aside from him being a villain here and there, I haven't read much into his origins.

MrN's tweaks are good. Again, not having seen him use hypnosis in anything I've read, I want to make sure that it's thematic / iconic enough to be represented here.

All in all he feels a bit weak. 6 life and 4 defense will fall fast, not to mention his end-of-round wounds. I imagine him around 250-270 as a character, and I think he's more of a 190 right now. Claw Carry is currently his best power (Unless he's fighting Mutants), so he's a bit redundant with Man-Bat.

My suggestion is to make the hypnosis able to be used after attacking, much like Hasbro Dr Doom. Then he always gets the chance to heal himself. If that feels a bit too powerful, make it so you roll for Hypnosis before moving, but still take the turn with the affected figure after Sauron's turn. That way he has to be in position already, and can't use Claw Carry to grab someone. I'm not convinced all that combo would be too powerful though.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since he's losing 1 life per round, and he needs to attack in order to heal himself, I would make the Hypnosis a free action or you would only opt for that roll if he's at full life.

I also don't know his story all that well, but I thought he was a mutant based on my limited knowledge.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:30 AM

Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby!

Sauron is a classic X-Villain, but not a mutant, similar to Juggernaut in that regard. Karl Lykos was attacked by pterosaurs as a child in the Savage Land and somehow that gave him energy draining powers and him becoming a were-pterosaur upon siphoning life from his first mutant victim, Havok, before that he had just preyed on animals and people. Most every bio says mutate too and if there are ever Savage Land Mutates, this would be good for future bonding/synergy.

Sauron gets stronger when absorbing from mutants. He doesn't have +1 against Mutants, he gets +1 in general as a result of draining them specifically. If I need to reword it let me know. We may need a marker, I was just trying to avoid that.

In Sauron's first appearance in the classic X-Men, he hypnotized Angel and made him see the other X-Men as horrifying monsters and Angel attacked them. In his second appearance in Claremont's Uncanny he did the same thing to Wolverine. I am also going for classic Sauron as he is sometimes inconsistent in the newer stuff with what he can do, but that's just more of a thing that happens to B list villains who the writers use as hero fodder (like when he could randomly breath fire which was never a thing).

With the feedback, it sounds like either he should use the hypnosis after attacking or just not have to roll for it. I took @MrNobody 's changes and opted for in addition to attacking mostly to keep the Hypnotized personality relevant. I'd be okay with the other way too though.
Quote:
HYPNOTIC STARE/GAZE
After attacking with Sauron, you may choose any figure adjacent to Sauron and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to your roll if the chosen figure has the Hypnotized personality. If you roll a 13 or higher, take control of that figure and immediately take a turn with the chosen figure. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before Hypnosis. All Order Markers that were on the chosen figure’s card will stay on the card. For the rest of the round, the chosen figure has the Hypnotized personality instead of what is listed on its card.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 08:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In the comics can he Hypnotize more than one person at a time?
Still prefer a mechanic where if he is engaged with just one figure, they are automatically Hypnotized, friendly figures should probably be Hypnotized as well. Not sure though. Just where my thoughts are.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 09:07 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The life drain is still a counterdraft since it requires something in the opponent's army (AKA something you have no control over, making Sauron a good pick AFTER your opponent picks mutants). +1 attack and defense is pretty huge to lose in many games just because you're not fighting the right people. If that's a huge theme thing for you, that's fine. Just realize he'll end up overcosted (unless playing mutants). I don't think you need a marker though. I just dislike powers like that unless absolutely vital to the character.

I like rolling for hypnosis. Can't really comment on Tornado's suggestion as I don't really know what that mechanically is good for.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 10:01 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It gets him the bonus automatically if he is engaged with one figure and makes that figure more vulnerable to Mordo (I think, cannot recall the mechanics there).
Edit:. Yes, Mordo would get to automatically take control of a single figure engaged with Sauron with the mechanic I suggested.

I will echo what LP said about the counter- draft aspect. Be sure you are cool with him being lack luster except when facing Mutants.
Could we expand that to Mutates? Has he ever drained someone from F4?
Old July 3rd, 2020, 10:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would open up that boost to be for anyone, or at least any Unique Hero. He drains superpowers, basically. There's no reason that has to be Mutant-only, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 11:21 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would open up that boost to be for anyone, or at least any Unique Hero. He drains superpowers, basically. There's no reason that has to be Mutant-only, IMO.
It is Mutant-only though. Fine if we want to cheat it, just want to be clear (that afaik) wed be trading theme for gameplay.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I might consider the following, then:

1. Tag "Mutant" onto the start of the power (I realize it might go two lines, but it seems important to shout out Mutant in the power title)
2. Remove the defensive boost from the power and bump his normal defense by one

The attack boost will still make him more of a counterdraft, but he at least feels less reliant overall. And since he's auto-wounding himself, I like him having a higher base defense.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 11:38 AM
Just A Head

I like that direction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library