Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 27th, 2018, 11:08 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Changeling

Those changes would not be enough. Here's how it's looking, at the minimum font size and minimum leading size:

You'll notice that the text is running to the very edge of the card, and we'd need to cut enough to make room for the Super Strength logo if it stays.

One thing of note, I don't believe Elephant should allow him to roll an unblockable against each figure he moved through this turn, as a movement of 7 would allow up to 6 unblockables, and as written he'd still get to use his attack + abilities. Plus, an Elephant shouldn't be that fast. A movement of 4 would allow up to 3 unblockables, on par with Sandman and the Flash.

I think you can get away with eliminating an option or two. It's hard to create 3 equally viable options that the player will want to use IMO. They don't all need to be 3.

For instance, if he's got 7 move, do we really need something that bumps him to 10? The ability to move through all figures without taking leaving engagements or the ability to fly at 7 movement, is already a nice set of options, I don't see the +3 movement being chosen very often over one of the other 2 really great ones. I also personally, don't see Rabbit as being as useful as the other 2 options, as he already has a more useful Disengage with Elephant(or Robin if we go that route, which I think makes more sense). It takes up a lot of space when I'd think you'd rather just either add to your defense or potentially cause a wound.

If you dropped Stag and Rabbit, you could add in the necessary language for the Elephant power to make it reasonable/balanced. You'd still keep your 3 options for attack, as all of those are reasonably equal options.

• Elephant, subtract 3 spaces from Changeling's movement, Changeling is considered Large and may move through all figures. After moving and instead of attacking, roll an unblockable attack die for each figure Changeling moved though this turn.

Which would look like (this version also has Ronin's changes as I like the disengage on the Robin instead):

Even allowed me to bump the font size ever so slightly. That's a nice looking power set filled with useful options without feeling bloated IMO.

Last edited by Arkham; February 28th, 2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

He has 4 base move, not 7.

I don't mind the idea of cutting back to 2 options. Not sure how YK feels, though.
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:19 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
He has 4 base move, not 7.

I don't mind the idea of cutting back to 2 options. Not sure how YK feels, though.
Good catch, must have mistaken his Life number as the move. Then reverse what I said and put the +2(instead of 3) into Robin, because I don't see why a small bird would move so slow. Works just as fine and makes 2 really solid options.
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like changing the list of animals to "one of the following" will save 1 line each for the Attack and Defense powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Take out the "the's" in the lead-up to the choices. It doesn't make grammar sense to choose "the Elephant or Robin"

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Looks like changing the list of animals to "one of the following" will save 1 line each for the Attack and Defense powers.
That works too

EDIT: You realize that if you subtract 3 from his move of 5 for choosing Elephant, he will only get to move through 1 figure with his move reduced to 2.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
That works too

EDIT: You realize that if you subtract 3 from his move of 5 for choosing Elephant, he will only get to move through 1 figure with his move reduced to 2.
He has a move of 4. The card is a placeholder for sampling text, not accurate to his stats. He’s also not a Magician last I checked.

Refer back to Ronin’s response and mine following his. I thought he had 7 move. Once Ronin pointed out he had 4, I suggested adding a +2 to the Robin power instead.

I’m not against the change to “choose one of the following”, but it reads awkwardly when you start the choice by stating the animal name. Choose one of the following: Gorilla, add 2 to your attack. Just doesn’t sound as nice.
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:22 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd rather try to make the 3 option version work. If the range aspect of porcupine is dropped, then that should be a fair amount of text. We can also just drop the 1W cap and go with the shorter standard counter strike language. On the disengage when in elephant form, it is more about the sudden appearance of a rampaging elephant causing people to get out of the way rather than make a free attack. As for the SS symbol, he kind of needs it to counter falling damage (as well as other SS benefits) as he should be able to change into a bird if pushed off a building (or gorilla for the strength) and the card doesn't allow for that.
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:36 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How does this fit?

MOVEMENT METAMORPHOSIS

Before moving normally, you may choose one animal form:
• Elephant, Changeling is considered large, may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving, roll an unblockable attack die against each figure Changeling moved though this turn.
• Robin, Changeling gains the Flying special power.
• Stag, add 3 spaces to Changeling's move.

ATTACK METAMORPHOSIS
Before attacking normally, you may choose one animal form:
• Gorilla, roll 2 additional attack dice.
• Panther, Changeling may attack one additional time.
• Python, instead of attacking you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Changeling and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

DEFENSE METAMORPHOSIS
Before rolling defense dice, you may choose one animal form:
• Porcupine, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
• Rabbit, after rolling defense dice, Changeling may move up to 2 spaces. He will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power.
• Turtle, roll 2 additional defense dice.
Old February 28th, 2018, 09:11 AM

So we’re ok with the idea of 3 unblockables plus either 2 attacks of 4, an attack of 6, or another auto wound?

I can check spacing after work.

Edit: also, we still need more verbiage on Porcupine for it to make sense and act like Counterstrike. Though I think the one wound version is more fitting here so:

• Porcupine, when rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

• Porcupine, if Changeling rolls excess shields when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, the attacking figure receives one wound.

The one wound version is slightly shorter, so it still works out fine. His point value is already likely to come in at 280+ as-is, so any way we can reign him in a little would be idea.

Last edited by Arkham; February 28th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:11 PM
C3G Landlord

If we can make the 1W capped counter strike fit, that is what I would prefer. On the attack front, the 3 unblockables would require their to be 3 figures in a row on even ground with him starting adj. to one of them. Not going to happen very often. 1 unblockable, maybe 2 if you are lucky. On the double attack, we can go back to the two different adj. targets restriction version if you want and we can make it fit. On the final points I'm not really bothered if they end up pretty high, his ability to instantly turn into any animal, and gain their strengths/abilities as needed, is pretty potent so he really should be a heavy hitter in a combat setting. I'd really just like to shoot for him to end in a 50 or 100 so he works as a nice building block on his own for a Titans draft. So 250 if we can reign him in a bit?
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, I dropped the trample language from elephant completely to free up some space and reduce his points, then returned panther to the crowd control option for him, and returned porcupine to the 1W cap. Will this all fit?

MOVEMENT METAMORPHOSIS

Before moving normally, you may choose one animal form:
• Ferret, Changeling is considered tiny, may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks.
• Robin, Changeling gains the Flying special power.
• Stag, add 3 spaces to Changeling's move.

ATTACK METAMORPHOSIS
Before attacking normally, you may choose one animal form:
• Gorilla, roll 2 additional attack dice.
• Panther, choose one additional adjacent figure to be affected by this attack.
• Python, instead of attacking you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Changeling and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

DEFENSE METAMORPHOSIS
Before rolling defense dice, you may choose one animal form:
• Porcupine, if Changeling rolls excess shields when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, the attacking figure receives one wound.
• Rabbit, after rolling defense dice, Changeling may move up to 2 spaces. He will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power.
• Turtle, roll 2 additional defense dice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library