Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 22nd, 2018, 12:59 PM

Noziroh is surprisingly tart
Smile New to Heroscape!

Hello everyone!
I am pretty new to heroscape. I first heard about the game about two years ago after I picked up Arena of the Planeswalkers. A little time on the internet and eBay later and I bought a small set of tiles just to make AOTP a little more interesting. Still had no idea what heroscape was, but then I stumbled upon this website and saw how cool the maps you all have built are. Decided to check out some battles on YouTube and watched a bunch of Sir Heroscape’s videos. Naturally I was like “holy crap I have to try this out!”

So here I am two years and about $1,000 later and I’ve amassed a decent sized collection. 1- ROTV, 1- SOTM, 1- BFTU, 1- FOTA, 2- RTTFF, 1- VW, 1- TT, Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 5, Orm’s Return, extra set of ROTV tiles, an extra squad of 4th Mass, and (because he’s like the coolest dude ever) Kaemon Awa. Such a shame I didn’t know about the game earlier when it was still in production. The prices on eBay are absurd! It’s almost painful to spend that much; But as I’m sure you all know, “I just have to have it!” Lol
Any tips, tricks, ideas, info? Any maps or scenarios you could recommend?
Any info would be greatly appreciated since I am still basically a beginner lol
But I’d like to thank you all for the awesome maps you’ve built and videos you’ve posted. If it weren’t for your maps and videos, I don’t think I would have ever gotten into Heroscape.
Thank you!!!

Last edited by Noziroh; June 28th, 2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 02:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: New to Heroscape!

If you're interested in superhero 'Scape, check out C3G. They have like 700 cards for Marvel, DC, TMNT, all that good stuff.

If you're interested in Classic 'Scape continuations, you can check out the C3V and SoV for a cohesive, high quality canon extension.

If you're interested in meeting up with people in your area for tournaments, check out the Meet Other 'Scapers area of the forum and see if you get any bites.

If you're interested in playing in an active online tournament scene, check out the Online Heroscape Games and Events section. We love newbs.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site, @Noziroh ! I second superfrog in saying that this community's C3V/SoV releases are fantastic options for expanding a classic HeroScape collection, and many of the figures are available for significantly cheaper than normal HeroScape will sell for nowadays.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 02:57 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Welcome to the community! I hope to see you around more!

I will second what others have already said. Both the C3V Project (for classic Heroscape customs) and the C3G Project (for superhero customs) have been running for years and continue to put out well-tested and balanced units. Given the price of the official Heroscape products these days, its often a lot cheaper to purchase the minis used by these custom projects.

As for maps, check out the Battlefields of Valhalla thread for the pinnacle of competitive maps throughout the years. A newer project, Architects of the Realms of Valhalla, also puts together competitive maps.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 22nd, 2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There are also tons of customs by individuals that are pretty amazing, so lots of options out there. If you have access to a 3D printer you can even make some stuff for yourself.

Creating molds and making resin casts is also an option. So many great ideas here for custom figures and terrain, it can be overwhelming at first. Take your time to comb through all the goodness. Good luck!
Old June 22nd, 2018, 05:03 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Welcome! I'm new as well but I have yet massed a collection for myself yet. But I'm hoping to get some figures/sets soon. I'm ready to play.

I'm going to head over to the forums and get some cool map designs/layouts when I get my set
Old June 23rd, 2018, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
I just checked out the C3V and C3G customs and I feel like I just hit the jackpot! All the units look so cool I can’t wait to try them out. Maybe someday I’ll have a few customs of my own to share!
Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:09 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noziroh View Post
I just checked out the C3V and C3G customs and I feel like I just hit the jackpot! All the units look so cool I can’t wait to try them out. Maybe someday I’ll have a few customs of my own to share!
If you fancy creating at any point, C3G's always looking for new people to get involved - no pressure, but if you'd at any stage like to check out the Playtesting thread, it'd be appreciated, and you could probably swiftly find yourself a part of the community and start creating your own 'official' units! We're always looking for new recruits... yes.... always looking...

Welcome to the site and the hobby, my fine chap!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 23rd, 2018, 12:41 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
That's great to hear! I'd say that most of the C3V designs are either at the same level of quality or better than the official releases, so if you see anything that you like, don't be afraid to pick it up! I also look forward to reading your customs if you share them in the future.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 04:39 PM

@Lazy Orang That sound great I'll check it out!

@Astroking112 From what I've looked at so far I agree! I just ordered the figure for Omegacron
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
@Astroking112 From what I've looked at so far I agree! I just ordered the figure for Omegacron
He's one of the ones that I really like! Now I just wish that I had some Omnicron Repulsors to use with him.

I also recommend keeping an eye on the Miniatures Announcement thread. Given the nature of the project, many of the figures become rare/expensive by the time that the design is released, but this thread contains announcements that the figure will be used by C3V at some point. It may take a long time (in some cases, several years), so if you ever find these figures for cheap, it's worth it to keep them in the back of your mind.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:14 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Not only is Astroking112 giving you great advice in this thread, but here's some more from elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Just a quick heads up, but Siiv's sculpt is being sold on Bonanza.com for only $0.29. The shipping also wasn't bad ($3 for me), but the vendor over there has several other HeroClix C3V units that can be bought in bulk for a low price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I also picked up the Sentinels of Grax, Yi Feng, Chen Tang, Heracles, and the Command Couriers from the same vendor there. They have a lot of cheap HeroClix minis, but I don't remember finding any of the other C3V releases there back when I had searched.
Even if those aren't the designs you're most excited by, they're well worth adding to your collection at that price.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News