Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: Which Weekends can you attend?
October 13 4 66.67%
October 20 1 16.67%
October 27 5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Central Wisconsin NHSD Oct 27, 2012

Greetings 'Scapers,

Event data:
National Heroscape Day
October 27, 2012
Noon (setup, event to start at 12:30)- 5:00 PM
Legacy Room
1015 Reserve Street;
Stevens Point; WI;

The Legacy Room is on the 3rd Floor, fairly close to the Alumni Room.
It is rather easy to find, ask at the front desk or check a map inside.

Format:
500 point armies (official units, no marvel), 24 hex limit.
I recommend playing an army that you never have before. This tournament is more a reason to spend an afternoon playing Heroscape than grudge matches fighting for prizes.
Feel free to use any original figure as a repaint (Master Woo, Samuel Brown, etc.) just make sure the differences are noted.

Each map will contain 2 random standard glyphs (anything except Brandar)
AND two random treasure glyphs (from a pool of every official treasure glyph released, again, except Brandar).
(Buildable with a BftU and leftover parts from Highways/Dieways)
Any Battlefield of Valhalla map that you want/can bring.

If we have an odd number of players, I think we'll set up a 3-player map so no one has to take a bye. If you are sorted into a 3-play game, you'll use a 400-point army for that game only.

Prizes:
Unless there is a huge demand for some other method, the prize structure/entry fees are as follows:
Entry fee: $0 (Although donations to GASP, the gaming club, are accepted)
Prizes: The few leftover items from the great and amazing R˙chean

Also, game structure/maps are completely up for decisions as well.

Please RSVP!

Attendees:
Nukatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; October 18th, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Potential Central Wisconsin NHSD

I'd love to come and would be willing to help out however I can, especially since I'm local. Also, if you need maps built, I have lots and lots of terrain. What I don't have is lots of extra time, so if you want me to build maps, the quicker I hear about it, the better. (Or if you've got extra time, I could swing by your place and drop off a few cases.)

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I would be a probably not, but i'll try to make it. Anything but the 20th works for me. Even though I likely won't make it, will C3V/SoV be allowed?
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll keep you posted. I need to work with the gaming club to get the room but that shouldn't be too hard.

Also, personally I have never played with any C3V units, so I'm inclined to say no.

Rather, I recommend playing an army you've never played before, I know I have plenty of options that I have never even slightly touched.

Quote:
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm cool with the army-you've-never-played idea.

If anyone needs to borrow units, let me know. I've got some of everything and only live about 10 blocks from where I imagine the event would be (DUC building on campus).

I wonder if any of the Appleton crew would be interested in coming...

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM

Are you the guy that always made special orders at Galaxy Comics? I did that over there for waves 12 and 13, but the owner mentioned one other person doing that.

Quote:
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Super Smurfy

No, that wasn't me. I bought two former UWSP students' collections which is where the vast majority of my 'scape comes from. One in particular had an ungodly amount of stuff.

Old September 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM

Well, I now have something planned for the 20th, so no Heroscape then.

I think the 27th looks to be the right day.

Quote:
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Super Smurfy

I PMed the Appleton group a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back. Hopefully a few of them can make it.

Old September 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think I could do the 27th!
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:55 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

13th would be the only possible date for me.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM

Re: Guaranteed Central Wisconsin NHSD

Good news, the event is happening, I'll have the final date/time information posted tomorrow when I secure the location.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day