Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which game in the series do you like best?
Morrowind 1 7.14%
Morrowind GOTY 7 50.00%
Oblivion 2 14.29%
Oblivion GOTY 6 42.86%
Shivering Isles 2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 21st, 2010, 08:08 PM

Bladethorne is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The Elder Scrolls

About time this series of games got a thread! I've only got Morrowind GOTY, but I love the series. I just got it for Christmas '09, but I've already created a level 49 and level 18, both very successful. Anyone else out there that shares my love of this series? Feel free to discuss, post strategies, hints, tips, characters you have, and the such. From all the games, not just Morrowind

Personally, my favorite character is the level 49. (Again, I have Morrowind GOTY) It's got:

Glass greaves, bracers, & pauldrons, Savior's Hide, Morag Tong Helm, Auriel's Bow, Auriel's Shield (with CE restore health), Boots of Blinding Speed, Boots of the Apostle, custom enchanted Daedric Katana & Wakizachi.

I'm currently in charge of three factions: House Hlaalu, Thieves Guild, and the East Empire Company.

(Apologies, I just found out Shivering Isles is in Oblivion GOTY).

My sig would like to say that it is a sig. Let's all wave hi to the sig.
Can't find what your looking for? Try the Index.

Last edited by Bladethorne; March 5th, 2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Master Thief.
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Elder Scrolls

I've enjoyed them but have always hated the crushing soul-less of the characters. The worlds are so lush, yet everyone pretty much seems to be the walking dead.

I'd much prefer a cinematic feel to the conversations and characters (ala Mass Effect) when talking to liven up the place. Do that and the games would be pretty much perfect.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I couldn't make myself play Morrowind. The ubiquitous darkness in the game isn't enjoyable at all for me.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM

Topher is surprisingly tart

I've always loved Morrowind and have had a few level 50+ and countless characters level 5-10. My favorite will always be my level 62 Argonian with custom items to constantly restore Health and Fatigue. I played him on maximum difficulty from level 1 and had so many great adventures and close calls.

Need: 1 Monks & Gaurds (wave 3), 2 Greeks & Vipers (wave 4), 2 Soulborgs & Elves (wave 4) and many, many more Zombies and Drones would always be nice.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played a lot of Morrowind on the PC back in the day. I have thought of getting it back out.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM

Well, today I just found out that Royal Guard armor is medium. All the better, since I love medium armor. Also found out that full Nordic Mail minus cuirass and replaced with Lord's Mail and no shield equals Overal Rating of 127. Also, here's a complete rundown of the above mentioned tree stump behind Thirsk on Solstheim.

Deceit: No protection, boosts Stealth by 20 points

Treachery: Deceit's brother, but with a plus 20 to security. A Redguard level 1 of mine has security has a major skill, and can open level 80 locks with this thing on. Awesomeness. (Said Redguard also has 50 Longblade due to race bonus and combat specilization with it as a major skill)

Shadowsting: Enchanted Ebony longsword, still forget stats.

Rest will come later.
EDIT: Rest is here.

5 Ebony Arrows of Slaying. You shoot, you kill. As long as you have a good marksman (I've got it as a major skill, and it's 40), you'll probably hit. And if they hit, well, 5,000 damage is inflicted.

Ring of Raven Eye. Great ring. Night-eye 20 points, and a fortify Marksman 20 points. Means I have 60 with it. Die stupid Cliff Racers!!!!

And if it matters, a blood-stained note, from "E" to "S", about "the weapons you asked for". "E" is definitely Erich the Unworthy to either Svanja, or the hall chieftain, something Wolf-Runner.
Quote:
I've always loved Morrowind and have had a few level 50+ and countless characters level 5-10. My favorite will always be my level 62 Argonian with custom items to constantly restore Health and Fatigue. I played him on maximum difficulty from level 1 and had so many great adventures and close calls.
Wow. That sounds AWESOME. But how do you custom enchant for a constant effect item? I always loved my late Nordic Silver Claymore, "Burning Rage." Had decent stats, with a great enchantment, Fire damage 40(I think? Maybe 30) to 70 points. Or another, my late custom enchanted Ebony Longsword I had from level one, "Fang's Wrath." Restored my Health a great deal, and... hey! That reminds me! I need to go back to that Daedric ruin and fight the Dremora Lord there again! He's so toast this time...

Last edited by Bladethorne; January 24th, 2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Blood-stained note.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM

Pardon the double post, but every time I just edit the above post, it gets rid of everything.

So, here's a quick tip for people with bad personality and shortblade lovers.

I suggest level 2 and good armor and weapons, or this may be hard. Now, sail to Dagon Fel, and turn southeast-ish. You'll see a strange tower (I think it's Dwemer, it's sure similar). Go up and around till you can get at the door. Prepare to fight a decent warrior in full Gah-Julan Bonemold with a Dwemer Mace. He's not hard if you emply my favorite combat tactic, hit 'n run. Run up, whack 'em, dash back, dash in for another whack, repeat process. Kills hard foes with ease (NOTE: THIS USES TONS OF FATIGUE). Avoid the rogue and mage, and go up the ladder, but get at least 3/4ths fatigue and full health first. When you go up, your attacked by a mage, who summons a Greater Bonewalker. Ignore the Bonewalker, he's summoned, and goes away when Mr. Wiz dies. So, kill the wizard, and loot the body. He's got the Masque of Clavicus Vile. Constant Effect fortify Personality 30 points. Heavy armor, with great stats (if you've got 42 Heavy Armor, I think it's 114). Plus if you don't want it, Creeper buys for 15,000 gold. Now, take any of the three enchanted clothing items if you want, and head to the table next to the ladder. This is a rogue's dream right here. A non-enchanted Daedric Dagger. Worth 10,000, and a rogue's best friend.

Enjoy!

(I apologize for not having Knights of the Nine in the poll, I found out about it after I made the poll )

Last edited by Bladethorne; January 23rd, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Ehh I got Morrowind a couple of years ago. I was hooked for about a week, then got bored. There was nothing keeping me in the game. Sure I could go and explore random places, but the world is just dead. So I went back to Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and all those other great bioware games.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
Ehh I got Morrowind a couple of years ago. I was hooked for about a week, then got bored. There was nothing keeping me in the game. Sure I could go and explore random places, but the world is just dead. So I went back to Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and all those other great bioware games.
I was just talking about something similar in the Zelda thread. I want characters and story - Give me great sidekicks like HK-47 and epic storylines. The world is great, but the people just feel dead to me. Even Fallout 3 suffers from the weird unemotional detachment with the characters. How you can make a world so beautiful and vibrant and have such stiff mannequins in it, I just don't understand.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM

Wowzers. I just found that in the Vacant Tower next to the one in above mentioned tip, the Orc upstairs offers tons of Medium Armor training. For a mere 10 thousand gold, he took me form 55 to 83 in the Medium Armor skill, and all those levels, plus 4 Block levels, I gained 4 levels. Making me level 17. Suddenly my all but full Royal Guard armor (Lord's Mail replaces Royal Guard Cuirass) is now giving me 140-150 protection.

Last edited by Bladethorne; January 23rd, 2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Bladethorne hates random copy/pasting that he didn't copy/paste.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:12 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
I was just talking about something similar in the Zelda thread. I want characters and story - Give me great sidekicks like HK-47 and epic storylines. The world is great, but the people just feel dead to me. Even Fallout 3 suffers from the weird unemotional detachment with the characters. How you can make a world so beautiful and vibrant and have such stiff mannequins in it, I just don't understand.

I agree, knowing this was the only thing that kept me from buying the Fallout 3/Oblivion combo pack the other week. I really needed something to hold me over till Tuesday(ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS TILL MA2). I almost did but stopped short, there is just nothing to keep me interested.

Anyway on topic. I remember having fun in these games, I got into the 20's. But constant enchantments kinda ruined it. I had constant fly so I could go anywhere and only had to go up and people would stop attacking then I could just swoop in a kill them. I played a "swordmage" imperial race. He was kinda fun but it got boring quick, I only got about 20% into the story and just shelved it, sold it to a friend later.

I would say check some of the gamefaqs faqs/builds to perfect your character. They can help you to find the good armors(ebony is best if I recall) and the best leveling tips etc.
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

I agree, knowing this was the only thing that kept me from buying the Fallout 3/Oblivion combo pack the other week. I really needed something to hold me over till Tuesday(ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS TILL MA2). I almost did but stopped short, there is just nothing to keep me interested.

Anyway on topic. I remember having fun in these games, I got into the 20's. But constant enchantments kinda ruined it. I had constant fly so I could go anywhere and only had to go up and people would stop attacking then I could just swoop in a kill them. I played a "swordmage" imperial race. He was kinda fun but it got boring quick, I only got about 20% into the story and just shelved it, sold it to a friend later.

I would say check some of the gamefaqs faqs/builds to perfect your character. They can help you to find the good armors(ebony is best if I recall) and the best leveling tips etc.
Daedric is best, but your close. Daedric is Ebony that's been refined and altered by Dagoth Ur and his servants. Not tried Valenshael yet, but I bet it'll rock this world. I'm worried though. The gem was 9900, and the enchantment was 21,000. As for constant enchantments, constant flying is insanity. Constant restore Fatigue and Health rock though. (EDIT: I sold Chrysamere, to both get rid of weight and unneeded weapons. Valanshael will take over all duties of Chrysamere.)

Does anyone know where you can find a Daedric Longbow?

EDIT: Got a good healing spell. And Daedric Greaves and Daedric Shield and Daedric Katana. I love you Dren Plantation. (He's got an ebony Cuirass there too, and Dren wields an Ebony Spear. (Take his guards out first or your toast).

Yays! I found Heavy Armor master trainer. He got me 4 levels! plus all that increase in Endurance means I'm going back for more...mwhahaha...

Just got 100 Heavy Armor today! Also found Sneak Master Trainer, so I've got plenty of levels form getting 74 in that too. Level 28 now, and he got me to 59 in Acrobatics. I had random thoughts of testing it out, and jumped off the second level of a Vivec Canton into the water. No damage upon impact .

Last edited by Bladethorne; January 25th, 2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: 100 Heavy Armor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games