Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 24th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warband View Post
Sorry for not coming to a tournament in a while I kinda dropped off the face of the earth there! I'm hoping my schedule clears up a bit so I can start coming again, but I have a few questions if that's ok. Is the player limit still 16? On the first spoiler alert it says that was dropped but on the "whos coming" list there are still only 16 slots. Also do players still have to wipe everything down with cleaner/wipes?
Hey!! Good to hear from you! The cap is gone, yes. I just usually have the first 16-ish slots premade so I don't have to do it each time someone RSVP's, and then continue past as we get names in (like now I've got it up to 20, but that's still not a real cap). You don't have to wipe everything down with wipes, but it's probably still a good idea to clean your hands often and (if I understand correctly) there will still be hand sanitizer at each table to do so. (Clean hands in a tourney where you hop maps so much is just a good idea and one I'm happy to keep around. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
I'm coming to this tournament! Michael is not though.
Woot woot! Got you down!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 26th, 2021, 03:35 PM

Warband is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

@BiggaBullfrog I will be able to make it this Saturday so throw me on that list!
Old July 26th, 2021, 04:54 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warband View Post
@BiggaBullfrog I will be able to make it this Saturday so throw me on that list!
Awesome! Done!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 28th, 2021, 01:01 PM

Only a few days until game day! If you haven't RSVP'd that you'll be making it please do so as we get our last minute details together!

Speaking of last minute details, we're going over maps to make sure we have enough for everyone and could use some help! If you're showing up and would be able to help build/bring a map (or even two, since maps for this event are small) that would be excellent! You can check out the spoiler below for easy reference to see what maps there are, what have been claimed, and what still needs to find a friend.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 28th, 2021 at 02:48 PM.
Old July 30th, 2021, 04:34 PM

Warband is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would help if I could but I only own the base set, marvel set and the lava expansion.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:29 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Standings? Updates? Battle Reports? How'd this last event go? Also, details on the event for August? I already plan on attending and trying to bring some friends.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Standings? Updates? Battle Reports? How'd this last event go? Also, details on the event for August? I already plan on attending and trying to bring some friends.
Forthcoming, as soon as Leafy and Clark respond to me, so you can blame them.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; August 4th, 2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Torches and pitchforks, everyone!!
Old August 4th, 2021, 02:18 PM

UTAH MONTHLY AUGUST 2021

When: August 28th, 1:00-5:00 PM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: $5 (100% of entree fees go to prize support!!)

Format: Reverse-the-Whip
It's that time of year to put on your Heroscape jersey and try your hand at the big bad format: Reverse-the-Whip! Every other round you will be playing your opponent's army. Specifically, Round 1 you will play your opponent's army, Round 2 you will play your own army, Round 3 you play your opponent's army, and Round 4 you play your own to finish it off.

Hint time: Reverse-the-Whip is a staple competitive format, but if you're new to it, just be sure to realize that you both have to win with and win against what you brought. So bring something you know to play, but not something super-cheesy-overpowered. If you would like a reference, you can check out the results in this thread to see what other people brought. To make it easier, we're copying the point/figure limits from ScapeCon (but we're allowing VC and Marvel, so it's totally different).

Quick second hint: Don't be intimidated if you're looking at examples and see a lot of janky armies. You can ignore those, especially here in Utah. Moral of the story is bring something good but not excellent.
  • 510 Point Armies
  • 18 Figure Limit
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel allowed
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound
  • No Treasure Glyphs
  • Four 50 minute rounds

Raffle: Strongest Army
If your army wins the most games (even against you!) you'll be entered into a raffle for a sweet sweet prize!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, organizer sanity, etc. for all attendees. If you're planning on coming and don't see your name on the list be sure to bug me to get you on it!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 7th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
Old August 4th, 2021, 02:19 PM

Thanks all who participated and made the July Monthly a great time! (At least, I hear it was great. ) We've got standings and such updated, and the new format just posted above this! This is our GenCon at home-esque event, so make sure you're there!

And usual reminder to RSVP, and if you can volunteer to bring a map or two the help is most appreciated!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 4th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

If we get enough RSVP's in attendance and there isn't a single champion after 4 rounds, will we hold a Round 5 championship game (optional for others)? I know in the past, ya'll haven't been too keen on extending it...but might be nice for the "official" RtW ScapeCon/GenCon format.

speaking of RSVP's count me in as well as Lady Heroscape. she's still not 100%...but if she can't make it, then I've got a few buddies that may come down with me.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 5th, 2021, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
If we get enough RSVP's in attendance and there isn't a single champion after 4 rounds, will we hold a Round 5 championship game (optional for others)? I know in the past, ya'll haven't been too keen on extending it...but might be nice for the "official" RtW ScapeCon/GenCon format.

speaking of RSVP's count me in as well as Lady Heroscape. she's still not 100%...but if she can't make it, then I've got a few buddies that may come down with me.
Got you down!

For a 5th round, it really just depends on who the players would be. If they both have time and are wanting to play a game I don't think we'd stop them, but it also would be in no way obligatory. That's just my hot take without talking to the others, and it's probably the weakest hot take since I won't be there anyway so...

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 5th, 2021, 05:09 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

I concur with Bigga. I’m fine with extending for a championship bout. I’ll even pair that championship matchup on a map that I bring to ensure that all parties that need to leave can leave with no problem.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events