Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 29th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

The second (and last) game of the VCheese tournament is here, and what a great example of cheese it is! @Dysole is running a Raelin and range army, and @coachmuskie is running a variant off the classic 'Tron army! I'll freely admit at the top that it's a bit more of a grindy game, as you might imagine, but fortunately helping to talk about the game is @kevindola ! He brings expert insight to the matchup, alternate scenarios, and the VCheese meta in general! It's a great conversation throughout and a fun matchup that isn't seen as much, so enjoy!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 5th, 2020, 10:03 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We're stepping into another Online Con format with a whopper of a game between @vegietarian18 and @dok ! Such a whopper, in fact, that dok messaged me after playing the game and recommended that I skip right to it! There's so much to enjoy and observe with this game, what with all the moving parts in this matchup between Knights and Braxas and Raelin and Kaemon and Tor-Kul-Na and Stingers and Deathreavers and Nagrubs, all piloted by two exceptional players making some of the most daring plays I've seen in a game maybe ever! Returning to cast with me is another incredible player, @Chris Perkins , who lends a ton to the conversation with his insight and analysis of the gameplay as it unfolds!

Also, if you watch the full video and wouldn't mind answering a quick survey-esque question, I'd be interested in feedback on a sort of experiment I did detailed in the spoiler. Please don't read it first, though, as it's asking about your experience while watching/listening.
Spoiler Alert!

I have a lot of videos from Online Con ready to cast! (24 to be exact, and that's not counting the videos I've already done commentary on!) Tons of great material in here ready to unpack, so I'm going to go ahead and plug the Scheduling Spreadsheet again. As I'm going to be starting up my first year of teaching in a few weeks (yay!), I'd love to get some forward momentum built up on them especially next week so that if I need to take some time as school starts to reassess and get my bearing I can. So be sure to sign up if you're at all interested! Familiar faces or new faces -- I can honestly say I've enjoyed each cast I've done!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 5th, 2020, 02:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the lessened editing didn't bother me at all.
Old August 5th, 2020, 03:26 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definitely no problem with the editing for me. I would've never known if it weren't for reading this. Thanks for the great content!
Old August 5th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

So, I hate to be the party pooper on this....but there was a major miss here that would have likely given Vegi the win.

At 42:10 Vegi takes a turn with stingers and one gets a 4v5 attack on TKN. He rolls 2/4 and TKN rolls 0/5. TKN was already at 1/6 wounds but only put TKN to 2/6 instead of putting 2 wounds on for a 3/6 life left. That was significant because...TKN took a disengage wound a couple turns later (should have been at 4/6) and then...

At 47:50 Stingers successfully disengage AND drain and target TKN. They roll 2/4 and get TKN to blank 0/5. That would have been enough to kill TKN had that wound from earlier been marked correctly, but instead he sat at 5/6 wounds and then trampled the last two stingers the next turn, healing on the last nagrub and then soloing Gilbert FTW.

Not pointing any blame as it's easy to make mistakes or miss things like that, and sometimes it doesn't impact the game very much...but well, this was pretty big.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 5th, 2020, 06:33 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I love my 'dok cheated' conspiracies as much as the next guy, but he only added 1 wound and then immediately removed the nagrub for healing to cover the other.
Old August 5th, 2020, 06:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yep, looks like that turn was:

Level 2 Swamp Stinger attacks adjacent even ground at a Nagrub 3v2 for a kill. (Nagrub removed)
Level 1 Ice Stinger attacks across uphill at a Nagrub 3v3 blocked.
Level 3 Snow Stinger attacks downhill at TKN 5v4 for two wounds.
Nagrub removed from next to TKN.
1 wound added to TKN.

All good, although it took me a few rewatches to figure it out.
Old August 5th, 2020, 08:09 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, to be fair, vegie was confused by what I did in the moment and told me I had missed the wound. I apologized after explaining my out-of-order play because it was admittedly a really confusing way to do it. I was just trying to save myself a trip to the text box but clearly it wasn't worth the ambiguity it caused.
Old August 5th, 2020, 08:51 PM

Ah, yeah looking over that it looks like that's an editing cut that wasn't helping either. Jumps forward so you don't see dok select the Nagrub and remove it, so that's on me as well. So glad to know that the reduced editing wasn't a negative (thanks superfrog and Ulysses!), but I will pay more attention to keeping clarity when I do the edits since the jumps will be longer.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; August 6th, 2020 at 03:39 AM. Reason: That said, "dok cheated conspiracy theorist" sounds like a hilarious title :D
Old August 6th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
oh good. well I'm glad there was an explanation haha.

#crisisaverted

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Dysole; August 8th, 2020 at 05:53 AM.
Old August 12th, 2020, 10:34 AM

The first of many different Online Con finals games is upon us! This is the championship match between @dok and @vegietarian18 from the 4x400 event! Both are incredible players, and both have brought very strong armies. But this is Heroscape for the big boys and girls, and only one can be crowned champion! Helping to cast this game is returning 'Scaper @Dysole , another top player and also one of the organizers of this event. Join us for a great discussion on strategy is this climactic battle!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 12th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Fun game to rewatch.

I'll just admit that I completely forgot the glyphs during the actual game because I was so focused on approaching the 4th efficiently. 4th are much more difficult to approach as melee bonding than any other range squad. Like other range squads, you don't want to rush in without proper reinforcements slowrolled, but unlike other range squads you need to get the drop on them before they get a hill of WTF set up. So you need to find a delicate balance where you're building up a mass of forces that can rush in on top of the 4th but you need to do it fast so the 4th don't have too good of board position to WTF on. You need to kill the first wave of developed figures and leave them with startzone scraps to win. Ultimately I don't think the glyphs would have helped me too much anyways. I had enough move with the Battle Rush on to road I just needed all my guys up. Wannok was a death trap in its location with the 4th on the sandy hill right above it.

I think this a game that shows how to use the MBS and Nerak push/pull combo effectively. MBS can be used to pull your opponent towards you, being high range and high defense. Conversely Nerak you can use to push on to your opponent, with the bonding defensive aura allowing you to massively extend your threat range with Deathchasers while giving them an okay chance at surviving. Being able to do either without having to commit an order marker specifically to pushing or pulling allows the Deathchasers to be really adaptable in games like this. That was really important for dissolving the Alastair MacDirk threat safely while still putting pressure on the 4th. Like Bigga and Dysole talked about during the game the other Deathchaser bonding heroes simply do not do this, and definitely don't do it at the low price of 50 points each.

Raelin OM2 instead of 1 was my controversial move of the game. I definitely considered OM1 but I felt I needed one more turn getting Orcs further forward to support Raelin when she moved up, had I just charged in Raelin to the spot I wanted her OM1 there would have been no other targets and Raelin could have just been gunned down. That OM1 turn on the Deathchasers didn't work out great for me, especially since dok triple killed Chasers out of the aura on his OM1 in response, but that was the idea. How it ended up working out was Raelin charged in with little support anyways, but she held out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports