Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

View Poll Results: What day works best for you to play in Seattle?
Saturday, August 19th 2 28.57%
Sunday, August 20th 1 14.29%
Either one works for me! 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 29th, 2006, 09:57 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Seattle Game Day!?! - Saturday, August 19th

Edit: I decided to setup a registration because a number of people were good on Saturday. If something changes, I'll switch it back, keep voting in the poll, Seattlites!

----------

So it looks like there are more than 3 users in the Seattle area on the board! So I'm going to start this thread to see if we can get committed to a game.

Please select which day you would like on the poll, in about 10 days I'll setup a registration on this thread based on the majority day.

I'm willing to offer our house. The only drawback might be space, we could manage multiples of the 1 or 2 master set maps if we use both the living/dining room and the library. Flat surfaces available for up to 3 maps and seatting available for up to 12 people, if we use the lawn furniture. Of course, if it is nice, we could just play outside, but then flat surface options drop to two tables and a makeshift "table". If we just do one 4 or 5 player map, then we can fit a 4 master set and expansions map up. We have 5 master sets, 5 RttFF, 5 Lava, and 1 Tundra (getting more Tundra later)

The whole house is only 900 square feet, so if there were actually 12 people, it would get really cozy playing inside. There are also 3 cats and a dog The cats get locked in the bedroom on gaming days.

If anyone else wants to offer up different space, post it here. I like to snack and have drinks (not necessarily alcohol, but the option is good) when I'm playing, so please offer up places that allow food.

There is plenty of parking at my place, and many buses run near here for the non-drivers among you.

This will be so cool!
Old July 29th, 2006, 12:13 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Whoa, that's awesome...That's the start of my two weeks off this summer. I'll talk to my wife about it, but I think we might be able to do it.

That is, if you all even want an Oregonian at your get together.
Old July 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cool!

Does the wife play or would she just be along for the trip?
Old July 29th, 2006, 02:20 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
She does play, but pretty rarely.

She'll probably want to spend more time with her brother (we don't visit Seattle too often) rather than play Heroscape. We'll see though, she might change her mind!
Old July 29th, 2006, 04:21 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
I voted Saturday, because it works best for me. Sunday still works pretty well too. Count me in for 2 players!

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
I'm in for either day. I may be able to talk one or two other people from my playgroup into coming along. If so, I'll post as soon as I know.

This will rock!
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:18 AM

Ursas has disabled reputation
I am extremely new to the game and have never even played anyone except my partner who was kind enough to try it out. I would love to come watch, maybe even play if the community isn't anything like the warhammer or most mini game players. I don't want to offend anyone I am just not a win at all cost kind of person. I like to have fun regardless of the outcome.
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursas
I am extremely new to the game and have never even played anyone except my partner who was kind enough to try it out. I would love to come watch, maybe even play if the community isn't anything like the warhammer or most mini game players. I don't want to offend anyone I am just not a win at all cost kind of person. I like to have fun regardless of the outcome.
Oh heck ya! I really don't care if I win or not, not a competitive type. I mean, sure, I'll trash talk you a little bit, but that is just for fun.

You're welcome to join. With the number of people coming, I'm hoping to setup 3 maps and have people rotate.

I think I'll go ahead and setup the registration so we can see a running number.
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM

Ursas has disabled reputation
So where exactly is your home? Just curious. I live in Leschi.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:20 AM

philthephreak Woo who?
Hey all, Sunday is clear for me, and Saturday might work. There's a wedding on that Saturday that I may be attending, but I don't know what time it is. Perhaps if it's earlier I can come by later that evening. I'll check...

For the record... Heroscape: way cooler than weddings. (unless it's your own, of course.)
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursas
So where exactly is your home? Just curious. I live in Leschi.
Exactly will be provided in email to the registrees but for close enough, I live in Greenwood/Broadview. Walking distance to Oak Tree Cinema (if you know where that is)
Buses number 5, 75, 355, and 358 all stop nearby, if you can make it to the Northgate transit center, I could come get you and take you back.

I would be up for switching to Sunday, I'm fine with either. Heck, wanna make it both days? Two days of gaming
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:45 PM

I registered as I'm not sure yet because that's the truth. A friend from Missouri might be in town that weekend and I can't be gone then. He hasn't cemented the date that he'll be here, so it still might work out.

Even if it doesn't though, I'll be interested in the next NW game day!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events