Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

As fate would have it, I'm starting a new job on Monday. You're still welcome to drop by for some evening 'scape, Killo, but I won't be available during the day.
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Congrats on the new job, dok!

Check out my music at http://soundcloud.com/davidlc
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:34 PM

So, Killometer and I are going to meet at my place in Boulder tomorrow around Noon until maybe 4 or 4:30. If any of you are interested in joining us, let me know and I'll PM you my address and what-not.

GeneralRolando-- does it look like you might be free?

Old February 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
So, Killometer and I are going to meet at my place in Boulder tomorrow around Noon until maybe 4 or 4:30. If any of you are interested in joining us, let me know and I'll PM you my address and what-not.

GeneralRolando-- does it look like you might be free?
No I have rehearsal for the school musical from 10:00 to 4:00 so i'm going to be dead tired.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:43 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Man, That sounds better than work... but I don't think my boss would agree. Wish I could join you guys.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Well, Killometer and I played a couple great games today. He had told me ahead of time that he's not too hip on heavy snow and slippery ice, so I threw together a map which had a lava field strip cutting the two sides in half and dungeon tiles on either side of it. I put a lot of rock outcrops all over, so there were a lot of line of sight blockers.
Game 1

We decided to start with a 1000 point kill-'em-all game (no glyphs). Killometer had an Ogre Warhulk, 2xWerewolf Lord, and some combo of Anubian and Badru wolves that brought it up to 1000. I played mostly an Elf Army: Ulginesh, Acolarh, 1xIron Golem, Syvarris, Johrdawn, Morsbane, Chardris, Emirroon, Arkmer, Kyntela and 2xWoA. It was a Feylund showdown!

Now Killometer is a very animated player. We played about 3 hours or so, and I'm not sure if he even sat down once during a game. He did a lot of Karate chops in the air and cast some hexes on my dice-- as much as I love this game, it's amazing to see someone who's as jazzed about this game as he is. He's a really fun opponent.

Anyway, his enthusiasm was built into his play style, too. While I was rolling my army out slowly (Ashra first to create a screen, then the wizards), he came charging through the lave field with his Badru dogs. Not only are they fast, but they take down Ashra like nobody's business, and then there was his first Werewolf Lord creeping up with them. Soon enough I lost all but one Ashra and had a moon marker on Ulginesh before I had any breathing room. At that point he started putting heavy markers on his other Werewolf Lord and managed to make Ulginesh dive head first into some molten lava. Things were looking really, really bad for me...

I started putting lots of order markers on Syvarris, and Killometer started advancing his Anubians. Luckily for me, his Anubians kept rolling fairly low (I don't think they got an attack in rolling more than 3 attack dice), and Syvarris was able to pick them off as they advanced. My Elf Wizards were also configurated in such a way that it made it especially hard to get to Syvarris. However, in order to take out the remaining Werewolf Lord, Syvarris ended up exposing himself to two Badru pounces, which he survived, but for not much longer. At that point, it was basically down to my Elf Wizards all huddled together and Killometer's rapidly advancing Warhulk. I was able to cluster my figures such that the Warhulk could only attack one unit at a time, but I knew that wasn't going to last long and soon he'd be flailing about with his ball and chain-- luckily, Morsbane was able to negate the Ogre. From there, it was just a matter of wearing down the Warhulk, one Wizard at a time. With all that life, the Wizards have staying power...

Game 2

We used the same map for our second game, played kill 'em all again, but with 600 point armies this time. I played Major Q10, Nakitas, 3xWarforged Soldiers and 3xBlack Wyrmlings. Killometer played Othkurik, Pelloth, Estivara and 4xDeepwyrm Drow.

Facing his special attacks, it didn't make much sense to try to stay huddled together around the Nakitas, so I sent them first, hoping I could get some free points from engagement strike as the Drow approached. I also leaned heavily on my wyrmlings in the beginning, since they could by-pass the Drow defensive abilities. My D20 wasn't rolling that well, and my wyrmlings didn't do much damage, though they did give a couple wounds to Pelloth. As with the first game, Killometer rapidly approached my start zone before I could get as set-up as I would've liked, and his defense on the dungeon tiles was proving particularly tough. Still, the Warforged have a way of mixing up the map a bit, so I was able to use tactical switch to move the drow off their favored terrain. Then Pelloth managed to kill 3 of my warforged in one turn with Lloth's Wrath Special Attack, which left me pretty scattered.

But I had Q10 on my side, and he started going chop suey on the Drow, taking out Pelloth and several others. Killometer decided it was time to advance Othkurik in hopes of ambushing Q10, but he got muddled by 3 of my Warforged who gave the dragon enough wounds in to make disengagement an iffy option. Q10 finished off the dragon, then continued his massacre of the Deepwyrmers. In the end, it came down to Esitvara and a couple Drow against Q10 and 3 of my Warforged-- I had the advantage, but one good shot could change everything. I was able to eliminate the remaining Deepwymers and double-engaged a 1-life Estivara. In an act of desperation, Killometer decided to run through lava to get a shot at Q10, actually rolling a 20 to avoid lava damage and surviving one leaving swipe... unfortunately, the second leaving swipe took Estivara down, ending the game. It was a shame it ended that way, so we continued playing to see if Estivara would've gotten any wounds on Q10, which she did, but not enough to win the game.

All-in-all, a couple really fun, swingy games. Killometer's a great guy and fun to play. If you get a free chance to play him this week, you won't regret it!

Last edited by Elginb; February 20th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:15 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, lovely battle reports Elginb. Fun reading.

Quote:
Now Killometer is a very animated player. We played about 3 hours or so, and I'm not sure if he even sat down once during a game. He did a lot of Karate chops in the air and cast some hexes on my dice-- as much as I love this game, it's amazing to see someone who's as jazzed about this game as he is. He's a really fun opponent.
Hah, I love those karate chops. But if by "fun" you mean "utterly pitiless", then yes, he is. Ask him about his Minions against my Sacred Band.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post

But if by "fun" you mean "utterly pitiless", then yes, he is. Ask him about his Minions against my Sacred Band.
He did mention that he likes those Minions. I guess I'm lucky he didn't whip those out. I will say that his "lucky 20-sider" is really, really lucky. He rolled several 20's during both games (though not always at the most opportune times).

Old February 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys! Just so you know, Seth, Connor, and I are gonna get together at Enchanted Grounds this coming Friday. Connor and I have a musical to be at around 6:00 so we will go till about 4:30. Anybody who can join us is welcome to.

We will do 510 point armies no limits. I'll bring like 3 maps (2 of which I designed). If we have more we can set up more. I'll just be bringing my entire land collection.

A head count would be great just so I know but if you're not sure just come if you can and if you can't we'll miss you.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:10 AM

I can't make it, I'm afraid.

Old February 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Unlikely I can make it for a weekday event in the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
But if by "fun" you mean "utterly pitiless", then yes, he is. Ask him about his Minions against my Sacred Band.
He did mention that he likes those Minions. I guess I'm lucky he didn't whip those out. I will say that his "lucky 20-sider" is really, really lucky. He rolled several 20's during both games (though not always at the most opportune times).
He whipped out the Minions against me the next day. However, he put a couple of them, and Atlaga, next to molten lava (Heat of Battle, on Stygian Rift). Protip: when playing against Hoplitrons in Heat of Battle, do not put valuable medium figures next to molten lava.

We also got a great 600-point Kill-em-all game in on Elswin Plateau, but that one involved C3V figures so I can't give any details.
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:28 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Hey guys! Just so you know, Seth, Connor, and I are gonna get together at Enchanted Grounds this coming Friday. Connor and I have a musical to be at around 6:00 so we will go till about 4:30. Anybody who can join us is welcome to.

We will do 510 point armies no limits. I'll bring like 3 maps (2 of which I designed). If we have more we can set up more. I'll just be bringing my entire land collection.

A head count would be great just so I know but if you're not sure just come if you can and if you can't we'll miss you.
Like I said GR, I would love to play Friday, but alas... other duties call. It's called work. But..... any one have a hankering for weekend events? Sadly, soccer season is coming up and Daniel and I won't be available on Saturdays again.

Anyone want to do something on Sat, March 3rd?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events