Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I've recently picked up the automated rules again and started playing with them. I've also made a few tweaks to the rules too. One thing I was experimenting with was personality. Basically before that unit moves, you roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, that unit will act according to its personality, overriding other rules for that turn.

Disciplined - When their attack movement would force their target to have a height advantage, they will instead stay put where they are, and attack if the enemy is within their range.

Precise - If this unit has a height advantage over its current target(s), and it is within range, it will not move from that spot to attack.

Wild - Before attacking their active target, roll the 20 sided die for each enemy within range, starting with the closest. If an 11 or higher is rolled, this unit will attack that figure instead of their target this turn. (each squad member rolls separately) If an 11 or higher isn't rolled, that unit will attack its current target instead.

Valiant - If there are multiple units within range, it will attack the one with the highest modified attack. If this unit has a target, it will still keep it.

Anyway, you kind of see where I'm getting at. What do you think? So far play testing has been pretty smooth for me.

Old September 18th, 2007, 03:07 PM

MRGood has disabled reputation
I've been trying to update the automated cards from where the rulebook left off- but I'm rather computer illiterate when it comes to certain things. I have been able to figure out how to add to the regular 5 generals through Word, but I don't have any idea about how to change the color scheme to match that of Aquilla.

If somebody has already updated the cards then I apologize for this question. If no-one has, then when I finish them I can put them somewhere where everyone can get them.
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:07 AM

kr-zeronos has disabled reputation
Edit: Nevermind, I looked through the thread and found my answer.
Old March 12th, 2008, 05:36 AM

kr-zeronos has disabled reputation
Looks like we haven't been updating the Enemy Note Cards thingies.

I'll gladly take up the job of creating the new cards.

But I would only require one thing:

The templates - in psd format would be really good, especially with the text boxes ready.
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:57 AM

Supa is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: HeroScape Automated Battle Rules

Excellent work. I wish more games had solitaire rules for the rare occasion you can't wrangle together your loser friends, heh.

On your premade cards, what do the numbers 1-10 across the bottom mean?

Last edited by Supa; June 5th, 2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Added a question.
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
On your premade cards, what do the numbers 1-10 across the bottom mean?
Edge001 explained the use of the numbered track as follows (Originally posted on page 3 of this thread. Don't worry; I had to reread this thread to find it. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge001
To make them work like I imagine, you'll need some paper clips. Once you print and cut these out, place a clip on the right of the card showing what Marching Orders they have.

For Sweep or Meander marching orders, attach a token to the paperclip (orienting it in the desired direction).

For Support marching orders, place a second paperclip on the lower number track. Place another clip on the "master" card on the corresponding number. (One glance will tell you who is being supported!)

For Guard or Patrol marching orders, the paperclip on the lower number track is used for corresponding guard positions or patrol paths specified in the scenario.
I think you could also use the numbers to identify unit number. When that unit acquires a target, you could place the corresponding number next to the targeted unit on the map. You could use 6-sided dice or make your own paper markers for this purpose. Example: Krug could be unit #1, so place the paper clip on the 1. Krug acquires one of your Nakita Agents, so you could place a die with the 1 side up next to the targeted unit. Krug then gets hit with a sexual harassment lawsuit, which leads to an embarrassing appearance on The People's Court.

-David
Old June 16th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just discovered these a few days ago and I'm having an awesome time! Thank you for creating them, and thanks to everyone who put in the time to either contribute to version 2, or to make suggestions within the thread. To cool!
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge0001 View Post
You can also get any of these files from:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/stilet...ase.yahoo.com/
I just thought I'd quote this so it's easy to find at the end, here. The download links aren't working for me, and I dug through all the pages to find an alternate link. Sorry if it's improper, just trying to help.

Awesome awesome awesome guide. So strange too, because mere moments before stumbling across this thread, I was just talking to my wife about doing a co-op game and how we'd make it fair. Thanks so much.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM

Akrashan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Giving an old thread a poke here...

I tried the Automated Battle Rules 3 times with my wife (twice of those being last night ) and I have to say, we had a ball.

I believe the most difficult was to figure out which powers were always in use and which weren't - Lots of looking at the rules. But it eventually falls into place, and there aren't that many that aren't always in use in RotV

I'm currently working on a battle report of my first Dungeon Crawl (solo), which I'll post as soon as it's done (and as soon as I can find a decent host for my images... my previous private-owned-and-free host kinda dissapeared).

I was wondering if anyone had tips & tricks for adapting official & custom maps for solo/coop playing using the automated rules?
Old December 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM

eternaldream knows what's in an order marker eternaldream knows what's in an order marker

Oh... Look what I dug up! I just have to comment on this a bit. I tried playing a game with these rules, and I have to say I'm impressed. The rules work really well, and it's simple enough so I don't have to reference many things.

What I also like is that there is a bit different strategy needed. Since you pretty much know what the enemy will do, and where they will go, you need to think in advance. For example, if I move a unit here, I know that the enemy will target them and attack them. This creates situations where it's possible to "lure" enemies away to make room for the rest of your army to get by.

There is just enough randomness though, like having to roll the d20 to see if your unit will be targeted. That still adds a bit more variety.

I was wondering if the original author is still working on any more updates, or if somebody else has expanded on the rules themselves.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Darkco is surprisingly tart

I have to say I am Impressed too. You are like a genous. Very very nice looking for the presentation. Good job man.

"Sorry for my English. I am French, but I am a huge fan of this forum."
Old December 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Jedediah is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Can some1 send me the rules to the solo play and also the templates for creating the cards for my Characters. For me the file is not found. Plz some1 email it to me

jedediah

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions