Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 26th, 2020, 07:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Shadow Wraith seems interesting. The Teleport not needing line of sight is spicy.

The stalker is a neat idea (inspired by my Spiders of Lolth maybe?) And would make them useful walls for any kind of range. I think that Shifting Shadow sounds a little too easy to pull off, when it can be buffed by other shadows. I don't think it would be that hard to pod them a little like you would Romans, and just keep a +1 or better buff active all the time. I'd like to see the roll requirement raised to at least a 12 or 13.
Having not seen your custom in a long time, I'll admit I had no idea you created a similar ability, but the 4 tentacles do have a natural Grappling-type feel to them...so it was a simple and thematic way to incorporate them.

You make a good point on the roll requirement. I think that'll all come out during testing, but you very well could be right.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:36 PM

TreePowerz is surprisingly tart

Volcarren Spirit: Utgar
Moltarn
Common Hero
Spirit
Vengeful

Life: 1
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 2

Moltarn Rage:
Whenever a Volcarren Spirit you control on an empty land space is destroyed by an opponents normal or special attack, before removing that Volcarren Spirit from the battlefield, you may place a molten lava tile onto the space that Volcarren Spirit occupies if the molten lava tile fits normally onto that space and is not next to any other molten lava tile space. After removing that Volcarren Spirit from the battlefield, you may move each Moltarn figure you control up to 2 spaces.

Lava Resistant:
Volcarren Spirits never roll for molten lava damage or lava field damage and do not have to stop their movement on molten lava spaces.

Flying:
When counting spaces for a Volcarren Spirit's movement, ignore elevations. A Volcarren Spirit may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If a Volcarren Spirit is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

P.S. (I made a card for this guy but couldn't figure out how to attach it, any help here?)

Last edited by TreePowerz; March 25th, 2020 at 04:52 PM.
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreePowerz View Post

Who wants some more hot lava death!? I do!

I have been tooling around with this design for a bit now as a companion to the Obsidian Guards and also as an entry into hopefully more Moltarn customs to come. The figure I had in mind is the "Medium Fire Elemental" by Reaper Bones. Wanted to post here and get some thoughts on the design and also the general concept of adding tiles to the board. (I like the ability Mika Connour has and would love to see more!) Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!
I'm afraid I can't see the card. Anyone else?
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I fixed it
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Volcarren Spirit: Utgar
Moltarn
Common Hero
Spirit
Vengeful

Life: 1
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 2

Moltarn Rage:
Whenever a Volcarren Spirit you control on an empty land space is destroyed by an opponents normal or special attack, before removing that Volcarren Spirit from the battlefield, you may place a molten lava tile onto the space that Volcarren Spirit occupies if the molten lava tile fits normally onto that space and is not next to any other molten lava tile space. After removing that Volcarren Spirit from the battlefield, you may move each Moltarn figure you control up to 2 spaces.

Lava Resistant:
Volcarren Spirits never roll for molten lava damage or lava field damage and do not have to stop their movement on molten lava spaces.

Flying:
When counting spaces for a Volcarren Spirit's movement, ignore elevations. A Volcarren Spirit may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If a Volcarren Spirit is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

P.S. (I made a card for this guy but couldn't figure out how to attach it, any help here?)

I have been tooling around with this design for a bit now as a companion to the Obsidian Guards and also as an entry into hopefully more Moltarn customs to come. The figure I had in mind is the "Medium Fire Elemental" by Reaper Bones. Wanted to post here and get some thoughts on the design and also the general concept of adding tiles to the board. (I like the ability Mika Connour has and would love to see more!) Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:53 PM

Thumbs up Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:

I'm afraid I can't see the card. Anyone else?
Having trouble here, lolz, made some edits. Hopefully we are good now
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:10 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Volcarren Spirit is really cool and fun for home games, but I'm afraid placing molten lava tiles anywhere is never going to get SoV approval. The problem is that it can it can make parts of the map unreachable, forcing games into a stalemate.
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
The Volcarren Spirit is really cool and fun for home games, but I'm afraid placing molten lava tiles anywhere is never going to get SoV approval. The problem is that it can it can make parts of the map unreachable, forcing games into a stalemate.
That was my biggest concern, thanks for getting back so quick. Was hoping that by not allowing a molten lava tile to be placed next to another the power would not break maps. I think in most cases the power would be fine as worded, but I would hate to see map creation limited or maps broken by a character. Thank you for the feedback!
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That was my biggest concern, thanks for getting back so quick. Was hoping that by not allowing a molten lava tile to be placed next to another the power would not break maps. I think in most cases the power would be fine as worded, but I would hate to see map creation limited or maps broken by a character. Thank you for the feedback!
It certainly helps, and would work on most maps. But some maps have chokepoints.
Old March 27th, 2020, 12:42 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was kind of playing with this idea in my head and am honestly pretty happy with the concept. After talking with Pumpkin_King a little, I decided to post it here and see if you all have any ideas on how to restructure these powers.

I know that many people are skeptical of markers on cards but I think this is a clean concept and I'm not sure how you'd represent it without any markers. I'd love to do this without markers if there's a way to do something similar. I just wanted to make a cryptid style quasatch, some kind of colossus who emerges from the woods and inspires terror.

Also, being totally honest here, HeroScape syntax is something I struggle with, so I apologize for any confusion and am open to feedback on that as well. I did a quick count the other night and found around 50 miniatures for this guy available on different miniature sites under $5. He will need to go on a double base. I've seen one in person, and I know it will fit on a double base, but I haven't tried to rebase him yet and am unsure if he'd need a small peanut or large peanut.
Old March 27th, 2020, 10:31 AM

A king of the Quatsatch is a fun idea. I like the stats overall.

The powers have a bunch of problems, though. Threat Display simply does not work. First, I'm not entirely sure what the power does in game terms. Does it mean that figures within the aura cannot attack other figures? Imagine King Yowie behind a row of Deathreavers. A melee army would be unable to fight. If the power intends that figures within the aura must target Yowie is Yowie is a potential target, that works better, but it still has major problems. Most notably, he becomes a Raelin protector, which is all sorts of troublesome. The game also breaks if Yowie is near Tandros. And then things get even worse with special attacks, since the definition of "attacks" is really vague.

The marker mechanic is also problematic. It has good theme, but it does not work within the games rules with Commons. Technically, each Common in your army has its own card. You could put the Fear marker on one Common card, then place destroyed figures on that card to remove that card from play. You could also, technically, put Fear markers on one Common and your order markers on another, and never suffer fear.

I think you need to take the concepts and put them into a form more friendly to the game. I think the fear concept could be replaced with an anger one, which is simpler, ties back to the Quasatch, and isn't thematically weird against Fearless and Mindless units. Threat Display could be more active to limit its potentially amazing value, and to bring out its theme of chest-pounding.

My suggestions (with perhaps Attack 5):
Quote:
Threat Display
When revealing a numbered Order Marker on King Yowie's Army Card, you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on King Yowie's Army Card. If you do, for the remainder of the round, opponents' figures within 4 clear sight spaces roll one fewer attack dice when attacking a figure you control other than King Yowie with a normal attack.

Anger
When King Yowie receives one or more wounds, add one Anger marker to this Army Card, to a maximum of 3. After attacking with King Yowie, you may remove an Anger marker from this Army Card to attack again with King Yowie.
Old March 28th, 2020, 10:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Removed him from consideration in the SoV temporarily because of a few key factors:

- Sustained by Blood isn't as I hoped. It's rarely useful to kill your own units to get it, partly because self-destruction is so rough and partly because it takes setup to do so. Really it's just a damage per turn, which by itself is still quite interesting, and does do a good job to hold back the impressive power that 4 attacks brings.

- There's some interplay he has with an internal unit that doesn't mesh very well.

So here's his updated version. The only difference is that rather than Sustained by Blood being an ability where a wound has to be dealt either to him or a fellow unit with the theme that he needs blood to subsist, now he's basically a ticking time bomb in that the idea is he simply cannot subsist in this Mortal Plane. He's been summoned from the Demonic Realm and can only last so long out of it...but again his 4 attacks make him worth the investment. I guess I'm not really asking for help with feedback on powers because it was just fine under review in it's previous form and the only thing I'm removing is the option of where the wound goes. So really I'm just asking for help on the title and theme of the "new" power. Of course any feedback is still welcome but I'm pretty confident with this direction since it was already under review and the change - if anything - weakens his overall output, though does strengthen theme and mechanics of his ability.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards