Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old July 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqery
Thanks Wytefang and netherspirit for the work getting that up.
Ditto.
Thank you guys.
Old July 7th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
20 pages of awesomeness!
and then a mysterious blank 21st page ... :P
Once again, great work Nether and Wytefang!
If you put the right reagent on the paper and hold it up to a candle, a Valhallan treasure map appears. It's a shameless plug for the upcoming Nicolas Cage movie, Valhallan Treasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Anyone have any interesting ideas for concrete/asphalt house rules?

I think I'll be treating them as road spaces unless I make an entire map of them, in which case I will treat them like normal grass/rock/sand terrain. Any map in which I mix them with regular natural terrain though, I'm giving a move boost to figures.
With the amount of flight and >Olympic leaping, I can't imagine there is really a need for movement bonuses. The amount of terrain is a little light as well, so I can't see a lot of height changes to compensate for with said movement bonuses. Of course that all changes when they introduce vehicles with the Marvelscape large expansion.

EDIT: I was so busy posting stupid comments that I forgot the most important part: Thank you Nether and Wytefang!
Old July 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I was super happy to be able to help such a fine community. I've not really done much to earn my wings here so this is one small step in that direction, as I see it.

Nether was the champ who hosted it and Allskulls also did some behind the scenes work to help out so they deserve quite a bit of credit actually. Scanning didn't take long and was super easy for me (having done TONS of it in the past for other games and stuff).

Now I just hope everyone starts getting their sets in hand so they can join in on the fun!! I'll probably post some battle reports tomorrow after my HS event. Though it may be a dicey event as it's going to be about 93 here and I have to host the event in my garage. Guess I'll have a lot of fans running. Thank goodness I have a fridge out there stocked with sodas and some brewskis for those who drink (I don't).
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
20 pages of awesomeness!
and then a mysterious blank 21st page ... :P
Once again, great work Nether and Wytefang!
If you put the right reagent on the paper and hold it up to a candle, a Valhallan treasure map appears. It's a shameless plug for the upcoming Nicolas Cage movie, Valhallan Treasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Anyone have any interesting ideas for concrete/asphalt house rules?

I think I'll be treating them as road spaces unless I make an entire map of them, in which case I will treat them like normal grass/rock/sand terrain. Any map in which I mix them with regular natural terrain though, I'm giving a move boost to figures.
With the amount of flight and >Olympic leaping, I can't imagine there is really a need for movement bonuses. The amount of terrain is a little light as well, so I can't see a lot of height changes to compensate for with said movement bonuses. Of course that all changes when they introduce vehicles with the Marvelscape large expansion.

EDIT: I was so busy posting stupid comments that I forgot the most important part: Thank you Nether and Wytefang!
Silly minivan, you act as if I'm not going to mix these with my quadrillion tiles of regular Master Set stuff! As I said, I'll only add the bonus in when I mix the two because it just seems silly to me not to. If I make an all city map or a smaller map from the scenario guide, I won't give the boost.
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks to everyone involved in getting this done.
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
I don't think anyone mentioned this, but did you see that the rulebook confirmes Marvel Expansions? Exciting.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menchy
I don't think anyone mentioned this, but did you see that the rulebook confirmes Marvel Expansions? Exciting.
It's been mentioned, and also debunked as being too vague to be definite. They could have been talking about regular common squads.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Hey Ninthdoc,

If you don't mind me saying so, I'm not sure that it's been entirely 'debunked' - I've found another small, potential proof of future Marvel figures in the explanatory text for the last scenario in the book. In the last scenario there are some movement restrictions for while your figure is moving into or out of the orange zones in the scenario, the rulebook states, "Figures may only use their normal movement while starting from or moving onto an orange marked space. No Flying, Leaping, Swing-Line, Hyper Speed 5 OR SIMILAR SPECIAL POWERS can be used by figures on the orange spaces."

My thought is this, if they haven't planned for us to really mix the two settings (vanilla HS and Marvel) AND they have no plans for further expansions, why bother even mentioning any other kind of powers (the ones that they've listed are accounted for within the 10 included figures in this set already). Granted they could be (again) referring to mixing the two sets but then that just gives greater credibility to the thought that they were meant to be mixed (in my opinion).

Thank you for listening to my wild-eyed theory here based on specks of information. LOL
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Adding individual road tiles would give something for Hulk to rip out of the ground and throw at people.
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
Hey Ninthdoc,

If you don't mind me saying so, I'm not sure that it's been entirely 'debunked' - I've found another small, potential proof of future Marvel figures in the explanatory text for the last scenario in the book. In the last scenario there are some movement restrictions for while your figure is moving into or out of the orange zones in the scenario, the rulebook states, "Figures may only use their normal movement while starting from or moving onto an orange marked space. No Flying, Leaping, Swing-Line, Hyper Speed 5 OR SIMILAR SPECIAL POWERS can be used by figures on the orange spaces."

My thought is this, if they haven't planned for us to really mix the two settings (vanilla HS and Marvel) AND they have no plans for further expansions, why bother even mentioning any other kind of powers (the ones that they've listed are accounted for within the 10 included figures in this set already). Granted they could be (again) referring to mixing the two sets but then that just gives greater credibility to the thought that they were meant to be mixed (in my opinion).

Thank you for listening to my wild-eyed theory here based on specks of information. LOL
To clarify, I've never said or hoped that Marvel will be a one-shot deal. I simply said that the mention of commons in the rulebook is too vague to state matter-of-factly that there are commons planned for Marvel. Since we've seen that they are not entirely incompatible, that could be a reference to using Microcorps Agents or any other common from regular Heroscape.

Great post, BTW.

Old July 12th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Messy Eater

I understand, thanks for clarifying and I apologize if my post suggested that you felt otherwise.
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:04 PM
ATF Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
I understand, thanks for clarifying and I apologize if my post suggested that you felt otherwise.
No apology necessary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's