Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 18th, 2014, 12:01 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- A Silver Thread added 9/14

Asphalt Cocktail is being used at Maryland's NHSD in October!
Old October 6th, 2014, 08:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- A Silver Thread added 9/14

New map!

Second Sight build instructions. Uses 2 BftU and 2 RttFF, with 2 random glyphs.
Old October 7th, 2014, 11:01 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Second Sight added 10/6

I really like that map.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

At this point, that map is entirely theoretical, as I don't have my 'Scape with me. But I have created an online version that should be up soon so I can get a feel for it. There are a lot of things I quite like about it, though.
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Some first impressions...

Positives:
  • I really like the terrain combo and I've wanted to see it used more.
  • At first glance I really like the aesthetics.
  • It's a long map and I feel like we don't see a lot of long maps these days. With good road bonus in play it shouldn't be a slow map.
  • You've done a nice job avoiding "lumpiness" (lots of small pockets of elevation changes) without making the map flat at all. Plenty of places to take height advantage, but not a lot of double-spaced denial opportunities.

Negatives:
  • The height feels very very "yours and mine"-ish. A range vs. range battle is probably just going to be both sides shooting at each other from across the gap until one is dead. A range vs. melee battle is going to be the melee army rushing the height on the other army's side of the map. This can be an effective dynamic for a map (see: Fossil) but you need to provide lots of ways to infiltrate the height easily, and I'm not sure you've done enough here.
  • Similarly, each player is going to have a much easier time taking and holding their right-hand glyph.
Old October 7th, 2014, 07:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

I've put together a new version that I think addresses some of @dok 's concerns. I have put a document here that has the new version (topdown and normal 3-d view) on the right, with the original (labeled) topdown on the left. @capsocrates , I would appreciate if you took a look as well.

Glyphs have been moved and some terrain re-worked so that the glyphs are equally spaced from each start zone (12 spaces, or 15 if you start from the left side and go to the right glyph).

I moved some of the trees, outcrops, and shadow to try to deal with the accessibility of the opponent's height. Now it's easier to attack the opponent's height, with some cover provided without clogging the way too heavily, and a shadow bonus as you defend against attacks from height.

Also, the right road now doesn't feed quite to the middle of the map, but a little past it. This makes taking that side a bit more of a tricky decision. It still passes the glyph, but it isn't the best way to get to the center. It does lead rather directly towards your opponent's start zone, though.

All in all, I think it's a better map. If others agree, I'll update the images and links above. I'm considering this one for a WoS nomination, actually...
Old October 7th, 2014, 09:42 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I like it, however it looks like melee would dominate with the LoS blockers and the pools of shadow. For not having any 'Scape with you though, this is pretty darn good
Old October 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I like it, however it looks like melee would dominate with the LoS blockers and the pools of shadow. For not having any 'Scape with you though, this is pretty darn good
There's nice height though, and that gives range some advantage. I don't think melee would dominate, but I hope they'd stand a fighting chance.
Old October 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Where can I look at the new one?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Where can I look at the new one?
In my post above there's a link to a Google Doc that has the two maps side-by-side.
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM
This is merely a joke.

I'm working at going through and updating my online boards with White Knight's tiles for a more consistent look with most of the rest of the maps that have been made. I have the new updated boards for Soaring Leap, Silence and Solitude, Asphalt Cocktail, Second Sight and A Silver Thread. You can check them out as I update them in this folder.

Last edited by superfrog; October 10th, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old November 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Calida added 11/1!

New map!

Calida build instructions. It uses 1 RoTV, 1 RttFF, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios