Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-New Maps 7/15

Interception looks interesting, weird start zones...
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

First time I've seen this thread. Risk Road looks very cool. I may try setting that one up in between BoV maps.

-insert signature here-
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Saw the link in your sig. I really like the look of Sea Arch-especially since I've seen one IRL. Dragon's Gulch looks nice as well. I'm totally with you that VW+BftU does not give you a lot of terrain.
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:29 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Three Fronts is a great concept! I'll build that for our game weekend and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks!
*Kai
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-New Maps 8/24

I neglect this thread too much. Hopefully that'll change soon.

As for all the comments, thanks for the compliments. Any feedback you can give me is welcome.

I've also got two new maps; one mainly a just for fun one because I'm sure it breaks some kind of rule (see low wall placement), but the other is a great one that leads to some fun decision making (for me, at least ).

Underdark Trenches
Spoiler Alert!

Crossroads of the Forgotten Forest
Spoiler Alert!

I've got two more maps in the making, and I'll hopefully have them up soon, but I've been having problems getting them to my liking. I've made some pretty good drafts, but they just didn't cut it for me.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-New Maps 8/24

They both look amazing!
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-New Map 8/29

Thanks, Killer! If you use them, let me know how it turns out.

I finally got one of the maps I mentioned to work for me (the day after I mentioned it, in fact). I've been playing on it the past few days, and like it enough to share it.

Underdark Rift
Spoiler Alert!

One thing I like about it is that in the right situation, you want to spring the treasure glyph trap, making the Ogre Warhulk a valid option.

I also had an idea I wanted to share with you guys I came up with while playtesting my maps. I thought it might be cool for mapmakers do battle reports of the playtests (preferably pictured) they do on their maps. That way, if someone wants some suggestions to make their map more balanced, they show some battle reports and a picture of the battlefield itself. Based on the report, others can comment on the map, as well as make suggestions for adjusting the map to make it better. Also, mapmakers can show processes they use to test their map. I may or may not go forward with this idea (we've seen how regularly I update this thread already), so if anyone else likes it, feel free to use it. I also have no idea if this has already been thought of, so forgive me if it has.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-New Map 8/29, and an idea

These are some great maps!
Old September 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-Updated 9/20

Quick update to add some maps I made for lefton4ya's Quick Set-Up & Build Map Contest.

Quick Map-Through Shadow and Flame
Spoiler Alert!

Quick Map-Hot Cross Buns
Spoiler Alert!

Both of these maps have few piece requirements, so I might end up revisiting them later on and add more to them, though I do like them as they are.

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 21st, 2010, 08:42 PM

hangred Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
First time I've seen this thread. Risk Road looks very cool. I may try setting that one up in between BoV maps.
I played several games on Risk Road. It is an excellent map.
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:38 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Re: Dragon's Gulch --
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog
Oh, if someone can come up with a better name for this map, I'd be glad to hear it. I like the name, and the map, just not together. They don't really jive, IMO.
Bigga, now that Dragon's Gulch is about to be dissected for the Battlefields of Valhalla, I've got a few comments on it.

You could change the name to Moltenclaw's Gulch; he presents some issues. (The map was designed long before his appearance.) From either level six molten lava tile, he controls most of the board, save a few hexes bordering the far start zone. While there, he can be hit only by ranged fire, lava-friendlies, or height 6+ adjacent melee figures on water tiles. If the opponent has none of these.... Moltenclaw LOS issues there need testing, and the actual figure won't be out for another month. (Would rotating the 3-hex outcrop make any differences?)

The other obvious problem is figures exiting a startzone, going along the left edge. The level 3 stone ridge is one hex wide around the single rock outcrop, and bottlenecks same-turn squad rushes. This is an attempt to balance the left glyph being closer than the right one; will it work well enough?

Regardless, looking forward to the judging.

Last edited by UtahScott; October 21st, 2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Re: Dragon's Gulch --
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog
Oh, if someone can come up with a better name for this map, I'd be glad to hear it. I like the name, and the map, just not together. They don't really jive, IMO.
Bigga, now that Dragon's Gulch is about to be dissected for the Battlefields of Valhalla, I've got a few comments on it.

You could change the name to Moltenclaw's Gulch; he presents some issues. (The map was designed long before his appearance.) From either level six molten lava tile, he controls most of the board, save a few hexes bordering the far start zone. While there, he can be hit only by ranged fire, lava-friendlies, or height 6+ adjacent melee figures on water tiles. If the opponent has none of these.... Moltenclaw LOS issues there need testing, and the actual figure won't be out for another month. (Would rotating the 3-hex outcrop make any differences?)

The other obvious problem is figures exiting a startzone, going along the left edge. The level 3 stone ridge is one hex wide around the single rock outcrop, and bottlenecks same-turn squad rushes. This is an attempt to balance the left glyph being closer than the right one; will it work well enough?

Regardless, looking forward to the judging.
That's a really good point, Scott. I knew Moltenclaw would have an advantage on the inside Lava Rock hexes-I hadn't even thought about those Molten Lava spaces. This also means that maps that put Molten Lava on columns to make them line-of-sight blockers will also favor Moltenclaw (edit-I'm real slow on the uptake here; I hadn't realized this whole deal before, but after a quick look-over of Moltenclaw's Pre-Release thread, everyone else has-I'm just cool like that). It'll be interesting to see how the judges handle this-kind of like small Z-Bomb friendly maps, but much more extreme, which probably means I'll have to make changes to it, and maybe fix some of the bottlenecks.

Speaking of the bottlenecks, though, in my playtesting I've found that the tight areas usually don't have as much impact in the overall game than I expect them to. Usually the fighting is spread enough, scrambling to get height, that the small passages aren't a big deal. But, I haven't really played a wide range of players on it, so maybe someone with a different play-style will find the bottlenecks too restricting.

Thanks for bringing that up, Scott, and thanks a load for the nomination.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 22nd, 2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Moltenclaw's Gulch... that's good... maybe Moltenclaw's Ravine? I'm sensing a name change here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios