Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:20 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh

Nice pull.

This Sat. I'll be going to a regional with my friends.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:30 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
This Sat. I'll be going to a regional with my friends.
Good luck. What deck are you running?

By the way I can keep posting my trade videos here if you (or anyone else really) is interested. It's a lot easier than just posting a list.

Old January 28th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I've been thinking about getting back into this. I stopped playing for the longest time, then picked up a structure deck and a tin a few months back. Now, not only do I have a fondness for zombies, but also machines.

If anyone is curious, I got the Machina Mayhem deck. It's fun, but there's hardly any multiples, adding a lot of chance to the draws. I guess that adds some fun to it, but it's a little risky for me.

I'm hoping that my local Wally World has at least one of these left, because I'm just now realizing how fun the machines are to play. Yellow, Red, and Green Gadgets are neat little cards that search each other out, and they make for nice fodder when you need them to. Machina Soldier, Machina Sniper, and Machina Defender are OK, I suppose. They're nice standalone monsters, but can also combine into Machina Force via Commander Covington.

Another of my favorites was the Scrap Recycler. When he's initially summoned, you have to choose a machine to be sent from your deck to your graveyard, but on subsequent turns, you get to return two level 4 Earth machines from your graveyard to your deck to draw a card.

The reason I want multiples is so I can use the Gadgets as defense fodder until I'm able to summon Machina Force. Meanwhile, Scrap Recycler can bring back the Gadgets for me to search out when I summon another one. With Mist Body in play, I wouldn't have to worry about Scrap Recycler being destroyed via combat. Plus, I have plenty of counter spells and traps to keep Mist Body in play. The only downside is a lack of Mist Body cards (I only have 1).

Outside of that, I haven't really decided what other cards I want to include. I guess some boosters would help give me some new variety, while my existing collection lets me draw from what I've used for years.

I have a question on multiples, though: what is considered a play set (what's the limit on cards with the same name)? Is it 3 or 4? I think it's 3 because I keep seeing eBay auctions selling cards in multiples of 3, but I wanted to check with you guys because you're more up-to-date on that (and I can't find it in my rule book).
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can only have up to 3 of most cards, but there's also the Forbidden/Limited List.

Although I'd recommend only using two of the same card except for searching cards such as Giant Rat. The reason is that having more increases the chances of drawing the same card at the beginning of the game, which is usually redundant and ineffective.

Old January 29th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Nostradumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
You can only have up to 3 of most cards, but there's also the Forbidden/Limited List.

Although I'd recommend only using two of the same card except for searching cards such as Giant Rat. The reason is that having more increases the chances of drawing the same card at the beginning of the game, which is usually redundant and ineffective.
That's a good point. The Gadgets are only useful when you don't have most of them in your hand already, since they're mainly for searching out one another (but not other monsters).

Should I have a play set of most Spells and Traps? Or is two still the "magic number"?
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys, I'm a pretty competitive Yu-Gi-Oh player. I'm up to date with all the rulings and deck types, so if you need any help just ask. For Spells and Traps, your lineup should be:

Spells:
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
X Cards that fit your deck

Traps:
2 Bottomless Trap Hole (Solemn Warning if you can afford it)
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 (Solemn Judgment if you can afford it)

Yugioh is all about speed or control. You want as much draw cards or searchers that you can fit in the deck. Allure of Darkness is a great card if you use a lot of Darks.

I have a bunch of cards, so if you have my 'scape wants, I'd be willing to trade.
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Nostradumbass

I've got all those spells, so I guess that's a start. Out of those traps, though, I've only got Torrential Tribute. For Bottomless Trap Hole, could I just use Trap Hole? Or does BTH let you do something better/different?
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

BTH can be used against special summons and it removes from play the monster. If you don't have bottomless, trap hole is fine. What deck are you using?
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:54 PM

I did a fail job at filming, so I won't post a video, but I just opened up two more Ancient Prophecy Special Editions. I really like the Special Edition packs. Most stores have them marked down to $8, so for $64 you get 24 packs and the promos, so they're almost as good as a booster box.

I pulled:

Beast Machine King Barbaros Ur, Super Rare. -Not for trade.

Blackwing Vayu, Ultra Rare.

Red Eyes Wyvren x2.

I'm looking for a White Night Dragon if anyone is interested in a trade. I'll put together a full want list soon.

Last edited by Chardar; January 29th, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old January 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Nostradumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
BTH can be used against special summons and it removes from play the monster. If you don't have bottomless, trap hole is fine. What deck are you using?
I mainly use a zombie deck of pretty old cards. A few months ago, though, I got a Machina Mayhem structure deck, so I want to run machines now. The only thing it lacks is multiples of anything (there's some exceptions). I'm looking to get another one and some boosters to see what kind of deck I can pull together. I don't really know what machines do in general, but the Union monsters are neat.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
I don't know. Pretty much everything worth hitting with Trap Hole will be special summoned, so Trap Hole will let you down if you don't use it really early. Wouldn't Divine Wrath work just as well as Bottomless? You have to discard a card, but most decks want cards in the graveyard anyway, so it's really no cost and hits things Bottomless can't.

Also Dark Bribe is a good trap to have. It won't negate summons like Solemn, but it negates almost any spell or trap.

Keep in mind that is just advice based on staples. I don't usually run staples except for Monster Reborn and Call of the Haunted (no Mirror Force in my deck) so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Chardar; January 30th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, cool... I didn't know there was a thread for this... I'm a decent player but remain mediocre due to my unwillingness to spend too much $$$ on Yugioh.

Anyway, the most recent deck I've put together is a Pyro deck with quite a bit of Flamvell in it centered around searching and protecting Raging Flame Sprite. While playing a test game with my first draft of the deck a few days ago, a question came up: How long does the effect of Flamvell Baby last? We played it as only lasting for the turn, but it does not specify.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games