Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 17th, 2019, 11:36 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

He's been extensively playtested with a variety of versions, and usually 3 attacks per turn is the way to go. That's partially why the "number of the OM" version was suggested - it allows for an escalating Shootout that caps at 3 attacks.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:46 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
He's been extensively playtested with a variety of versions, and usually 3 attacks per turn is the way to go. That's partially why the "number of the OM" version was suggested - it allows for an escalating Shootout that caps at 3 attacks.
Id suggest looking at only allowing one other Lawmen to move during sheriffs posse + limiting to normal attacks to the extra lawmen. Want the shotgun blast? Gotta use it with the OM reveal on that lawmen.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
That is a maximum of 4 attacks per Order Marker.
Well, no, Guilty has Double Attack for one thing. Two of them have Shotguns, which is multi-target. It's a pretty potent set of attacks, so care must be taken.

I don't disagree with trying it out first.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:54 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Like I said, he's been very extensively playtested - something like 15 tests overall, and so far, moving 3 or more Lawmen isn't a problem, and attacking with 3 (including special attacks) isn't either. We've tried restricting it to normal attacks.
Old April 17th, 2019, 12:04 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
That is a maximum of 4 attacks per Order Marker.
Well, no, Guilty has Double Attack for one thing. Two of them have Shotguns, which is multi-target. It's a pretty potent set of attacks, so care must be taken.

I don't disagree with trying it out first.
That is why I liked the "Normal attacks only". I don't suggest it without care, and that is why I'd also like to see playtesting reports(If PK wants to write them up.).

Quote:
Like I said, he's been very extensively playtested - something like 15 tests overall, and so far, moving 3 or more Lawmen isn't a problem, and attacking with 3 (including special attacks) isn't either. We've tried restricting it to normal attacks.
I assume you haven't tested with Sheriff's Posse only moving 1 Lawmen per CP OM? I think you might find it a different story. I don't consider 15 tests overall when you have so many moving targets, to be extensive.

Old April 17th, 2019, 12:26 PM

Which version, to you folks, shows the most promise and should be tested?
Old April 17th, 2019, 12:28 PM

I've said my peace on this one, I won't be giving you my preferences. That is for you to decide to test, I don't think its a public seal of a approval approach.

Anyways, good luck and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Old April 17th, 2019, 12:28 PM

Also, I will point out that "normal attacks only" leaves all the existing lawmen with attacks of 2. Not worth the effort of the synergy.
Old April 17th, 2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Also, I will point out that "normal attacks only" leaves all the existing lawmen with attacks of 2. Not worth the effort of the synergy.
Fairpoint. My last comments are, I would take a look at how many you actually move with Sherrifs Possie to help potentially balance.

I do like the concept on this guy, so keep at it.

(Showing myself out the door.)

Old April 17th, 2019, 12:34 PM

Thank you for your comments, Kinseth.

Right now I'm pushing hard in this thread for comments and feedback because we've brought a bunch of different versions here (and one submitted) and have received a lot of different reasons why this or that version isn't working. We're trying to narrow down objections, version preferences, to try and get a cohesive vision for this guy.
Old April 17th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Right now I'm pushing hard in this thread for comments and feedback because we've brought a bunch of different versions here (and one submitted) and have received a lot of different reasons why this or that version isn't working. We're trying to narrow down objections, version preferences, to try and get a cohesive vision for this guy.
As with any group, there will be dissenting opinions. That's just how people are, and goes to show there is no one "right answer." It's impossible to please everybody.

I thought about suggesting normal attacks only, but I decided it was not only weak but dull. And not particularly thematic either. The difficulties of positioning and order marker management may be enough to make the theoretical attack power too difficult to achieve often. And that would be fine. Limiting it to three turns instead of four would be an easy adjustment if not.
Old April 18th, 2019, 05:36 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

So, this whole thing looks really confusing.

The simplified version that I'm getting is:
Quote:
Posse:
Take a turn with Clayton, then Move 3 Lawmen that are within X sight spaces of Clayton.

Shootout:
Take a turn with a Lawman, if they are within (X spaces or clear sight) of Clayton, Attack with (2 or 3) other lawmen within (clear sight or X spaces) of Clayton.
Write this all out as clearly as you can without all the wording rules that Heroscape uses. You can add all the wording stuff once you get the design nailed down.

My comments are:
Referencing the number on the order marker is cool because I haven't seen it before, but simplicity is usually better than just being cool, so maybe it isn't as great of an idea as I thought?

I really want the Common Lawman Hero (that I know nothing about, other than that it exists) to work with Clayton, even if it's just with Posse, and not Shootout.

The harder you try to distance the is design from the other Order Marker Dump Heros, the more people seem to try and push you towards that design style.

What if Shootout was influenced by the number of enemies Clayton could see within a certain range? Something like "take a turn with 1 Lawman Hero for each opponent's figure within (6 - sight spaces of Clayton, up to a maximum of 3" This would give you a reason to push Clayton out onto the front lines.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards