Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 10th, 2021, 07:27 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Godzilla and friends

So, I asked in the questions thread about the figure for Destoroyah. Thank you so much for your responses. Do the rest of the team working on the other kaiju have the figures in mind for theirs respectively as well? I'd probably like to get all of them and their prices are on the rise recently, so I'd like to pre-empt them being out of print completely. (I know they're probably being kept in the 6"-7" Godzilla line of toys). I saw discussions for the 11 " Godzilla as well and was wondering what figure is being tossed around for that one.
Old April 10th, 2021, 08:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think for the most part you should be safe with the other figures from that same Playmates line (or other comparably-sized figures). Not sure about the XL Godzilla, though.

I think the big characters we don't have anything figured out yet for are Rodan and Mothra.
Old April 10th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just played my first game of Godzilla: Tokyo Clash. Fun game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 10th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Looks neat! Megalon is clearly the Ringo Starr of that game's kaiju line-up though.
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:44 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's just tough to hammer out roughly correct sizing for each as their canonical sizes have varied so widely over the years. I already got the Destoroyah you linked prior.
King Ghidorah tends to be one of the biggest, so I'm comfy setting him as the tallest for the standard kaiju at 7" and 8" in his mecha form (even if you guys don't make Mecha King Ghidorah, I'm comfortable using him as a reskin alternate model as he's so iconic.) I've gone ahead and gotten both 6" and 7" for MechaGodzilla as he tends to tie and/or exceed Godzilla's height (I figure I'll keep whichever is closer to the height you guys decide upon and gift the other). I've really got no clue with Mothra (both forms) or Rodan as it's a bit harder to pin point a standard size comparison for them.
Old April 11th, 2021, 10:13 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As much as possible the goal is to be in decent relative scale to the Godzilla we have AND to try to stick to something that can fit on double bases as it precludes our needing special movement rules if we can do that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2021, 11:20 AM
Symbiotic

We don't have a plan for Rodan and Mothra yet either, which makes it tough to advise.

I've also been trying to work out figures lately, though. I'll keep you in the loop if we get anything nailed down.

For Rodan at least, I know he does have 6" tall toys that look like they'd fit on a double base, comparable to most of the other kaiju. I know Rodan's not always that big compared to Godzilla, but it works well enough for me, personally.

Mothra will probably be a little trickier - unlikely to be an easy double-baser.
Old April 11th, 2021, 11:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here's what I have saved for Mothra, but, yeah, basing seems like it'd be daunting ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2021, 11:49 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Here's what I have saved for Mothra, but, yeah, basing seems like it'd be daunting ....
Flight stand needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 11th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Symbiotic

Hmm, yeah, might need to prop her up.

Ideally I'd like to not use the American Mothra design if possible - it loses the iconic face design in favor of making her look more buglike. Maybe that's just what we've got to work with, though.
Old April 11th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Symbiotic

Quick stab at a Mothra design, since we're talking about her but we haven't got a write-up going:

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model name is ???.

NAME = MOTHRA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ??

LIFE = 13

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = MANY

QUEEN OF THE MONSTERS
When attacking or defending against a huge figure, add 1 to Mothra's Attack and Defense numbers for each wounded Kaiju on the battlefield.

ENORMOUS CLAW CARRY
After moving and before attacking with Mothra, you may choose a large or huge figure she passed over and place that figure adjacent to her. That figure will not take leaving engagement attacks.

HURRICANE WINDS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 6.
All figures Mothra passed over this turn are affected by this special attack. After a figure rolls defense dice against this special attack, you may place it on an empty space within 2 spaces of its current placement. It will not take leaving engagement attacks. This special attack can only be used once per round.

STEALTH FLYING
When Mothra starts to fly, if she is engaged, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old April 11th, 2021, 01:19 PM

I may end up getting both Mothra's (the one you linked and the classic that is almost the same size) but I think I'll start with the classic. I'm still really appreciative of you showing me the one you're using, as it gives me an idea of the scale you're going with in either case. I could see both benefiting from the use of a thin metal rod (hidden under the base and within the figure) bent at an angle to secure them to the base (in such a way that no flight stand is necessary) using their own weight as a counterbalance. Are you going with the 8.5" Larva figure or something smaller? I'd imagine either way there's no intention of basing Larva Mothra.

Rodan's size has varied more greatly than many of the other kaiju (aside from Godzilla of course), so I don't mind going with a 6"; I'll likely just go with the most Dynamic figure in the 5"-6" range as most of them are just sort of T posing, but if I have to I'll just take a T pose Rodan and mod him to be in a Dynamic pose like I did the Transformers. XD

On a side note, I'd hope Anguirus and Biollante are considered (as both are rather unique standouts against the standard bipedal kaiju) and are also considered for special basing. While Anguirus can stand upright he's most comfortable on all fours and Biollante would likely be best on a custom 4-7 hexer (akin to my Master Mold Custom). I know a large portion of the push from the community for the larger Godzilla was to kickstart the custom rules for movement concerning figures with more than a double spaced base, so if nothing else perhaps any nonconventional (non-bipedal) kaiju could achieve the same goal.

Thank you all so much for your insight! ^w^

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy