Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 21st, 2015, 07:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Justice League Design *Brainstorming* (Refining Designs)

Yeah, a lot really depends on where Batman III ends up at this point, IMO. I do like the idea of his working with Champions, though, for my Aztek draft.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 21st, 2015, 07:46 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I just feel it's too easy to make someone a Champion, whereas trying to fit everyone into other classes isn't as easy. Champion is just a perfect fit for a Justice League version of each character. So that's enough of a reason for me.

If Yoda wants to put in Champion, and swap out Archer, I'd be happy to do a new Green Arrow as a Champion as my follow up to Jason, with the Justice League synergy in mind. Of course, giving him a d20 power, perhaps even Skill Shot again to maintain the built in combo with Black Canary, while giving him 2 other unique powers, 1 revolving around a trick arrow, and another to provide soft synergy would work. The original Green Arrows and Red Arrow can still be chosen of course and receive the benefit of the +2 if people so choose.
Old December 21st, 2015, 07:50 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
I'm all ears if you have some suggestions. I'm not against what you're suggesting, I'd just like to see some examples of what else he could have. The Trident dominating the design feels right, as most of his powers have been explored in some form or fashion, so I figured I'd take a different approach. When going with said approach, I questioned if he needed a Water Strength esq. power on here as well. So it's not that I'm tied to that idea.

Drop the Water Strength, and drop the Water placement, what would you suggest including in their place?
How about something like this:

NAME = AQUAMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = ARTHUR CURRY

SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~270

KING OF ATLANTIS
Start the game with Glyph of Atlantean Artifact: Trident of Neptune on this card. Aquaman can equip a glyph with Atlantean Artifact in the name, even if there is an Equipment Glyph on this card, up to a maximum of 3. While the glyph is on this card, it cannot be destroyed by any means and Aquaman cannot lose it by any means unless he is destroyed.

Atlantean Resilience
When rolling defense for Aquaman, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Born Leader
After taking a turn with Aquaman, you may move two Altlantean Heroes or Squads you control or one hero you control within clear sight of Aquaman.

SUPER STRENGTH

Glyph of Atlantean Artifact: Trident of Neptune

Equipment Glyph
A figure with this equipment glyph on it's card may use the following special attack:
TRIDENT LIGHTNING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5 + Special
If the defending figure is occupying a water space, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional skulls. This special attack can only be used once per round.

Just some random thoughts on his powers. You could also potentially do something with his telepathy. I shied away from that because I was trying to think of something not so glued to the water. I'll let you know if I come up with something for it.
Old December 21st, 2015, 07:55 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That's not bad. Though, it's not really a Justice League team up type of design, it feels more Atlantean synergy designed. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just not the direction I was aiming for. I like what you have though.
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:08 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
I'm all ears if you have some suggestions. I'm not against what you're suggesting, I'd just like to see some examples of what else he could have. The Trident dominating the design feels right, as most of his powers have been explored in some form or fashion, so I figured I'd take a different approach. When going with said approach, I questioned if he needed a Water Strength esq. power on here as well. So it's not that I'm tied to that idea.

Drop the Water Strength, and drop the Water placement, what would you suggest including in their place?
How about something like this:

NAME = AQUAMAN

SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~270

KING OF ATLANTIS
Start the game with Glyph of Atlantean Artifact: Trident of Neptune on this card. Aquaman can equip a glyph with Atlantean Artifact in the name, even if there is an Equipment Glyph on this card, up to a maximum of 3. While the glyph is on this card, it cannot be destroyed by any means and Aquaman cannot lose it by any means unless he is destroyed.

Atlantean Resilience
When rolling defense for Aquaman, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Born Leader
After taking a turn with Aquaman, you may move two Altlantean Heroes or Squads you control or one hero you control within clear sight of Aquaman.

SUPER STRENGTH

Glyph of Atlantean Artifact: Trident of Neptune

Equipment Glyph
A figure with this equipment glyph on it's card may use the following special attack:
TRIDENT LIGHTNING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5 + Special
If the defending figure is occupying a water space, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional skulls. This special attack can only be used once per round.

Just some random thoughts on his powers. You could also potentially do something with his telepathy. I shied away from that because I was trying to think of something not so glued to the water. I'll let you know if I come up with something for it.
King of Atlantis is fine, though I'd probably just call it something like "Atlantean Artifacts." Nothing about the power really makes him feel like a king, just like he has a bunch of cool stuff. I'd go with the standard version of not letting him lose it, but wouldn't block it from being destroyed while on his card, as that doesn't feel particularly thematic to me.

I don't care for Atlantean Resilience. It's too specific of a name for such generic mechanics. Nothing about it feels specific to Atlanteans. At that point, just give him Tough or Battle Hardened, etc.

Born Leader feels too wide open. In a Justice League build, the always on bonding with one Unique Hero steals Martian Manhunter's thunder, IMO.

I guess I like the artifacts, but I'm not really feeling the rest, especially as a team-focused version.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 21st, 2015, 08:20 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That's not bad. Though, it's not really a Justice League team up type of design, it feels more Atlantean synergy designed. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just not the direction I was aiming for. I like what you have though.
Understandable. While he is Big 7, he's still one of the more frequently left out members in different situations, just because he has Atlantis to tend to. That's the point of the Born Leader power in this case. Better with Atlanteans, but still helpful all around. I'm sure we could come up with a better name, but the man was born to lead. Son of the Queen of Atlantis (side note, I'd love to see an Aquamom design, but really I want a heroclix for it first) does not take crap, and he's frequently been a take charge person among the league.

Heck, he has his own little super team as well in The Others. And I believe he led the Justice League Detroit for it's short life. While I doubt those guys (The Others) are getting any figures soon, it still seems like a shame to not include his natural leadership acumen anywhere.

If you want a telepathy idea instead:

Telepathic Assault
After moving and before attacking with Aquaman, choose a figure within four clear sight spaces of Aquaman. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the selected figure is Atlantean. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure rolls two fewer defense die if attacked this turn.

That power then works for him or any figure going with him (via Martian Manhunter of Aqualad for example). Plus, all this together makes for an Aquaman that you can really draft and get high potential out of on any map.
Old December 21st, 2015, 10:36 PM

I like the idea of leadership and support powers on him, but I want something in that area that offers something unique within the Justice League faction. Born Leader overlaps too much with Martian Manhunter II, IMO. I do like the fog power in this way, as Wonder Woman in particular always likes a disengage (though Superman III does currently help her with that).

Old December 21st, 2015, 11:08 PM

OK, I did some reading and I'm seeing the thematic justification for some more things (like the Trident being indestructible). For me, I could see one Trident-based power, one defensive power (Tough, Battle Hardened, etc.), and one leadership/support power (hard to say what yet).

For those, like me, not that familiar with his history and how he's been treated in the New 52, here's Wikipedia:

Quote:
Powers and abilities[edit]
Aquaman's most widely recognized power is the telepathic ability to communicate with marine life, which he can summon from great distances. Although this power is most often and most easily used on marine life, Aquaman has at times demonstrated the ability to affect any being that lives upon the sea (e.g., sea eagles), or even any being evolved from marine life (e.g., humans). Per the 2011 DC continuity reboot, Aquaman's telepathy has been greatly downplayed: acknowledging that most marine life doesn't possess enough intelligence to carry a meaningful telepathic communication, Aquaman is now stated to simply add compulsions and needs in the mindset of aquatic life, compelling them to do his bidding by a subtle altering of their cerebellum.[7]

Aquaman has a number of superhuman powers, most of which derive from the fact that he is adapted to live in the depths of the ocean. He has the ability to breathe underwater. He possesses superhuman durability high enough to remain unaffected by the immense pressure and the cold temperature of the ocean depths, this also makes him tough enough to be invulnerable to machine gun fire.[65] He also possesses superhuman strength.[66] He can swim at very high speeds, capable of reaching speeds of 3,000 meters per second[65] (10,800 km [roughly 6,700 miles] per hour) and can swim up Niagara Falls.[67] He can see in near total darkness and has enhanced hearing granting limited sonar.[2] Although he can remain underwater indefinitely without suffering any ill effects, Aquaman grows weak if he remains on land for extended periods. However, when Batman invented Aquaman's water suit he was able to walk on land for an indefinite amount of time and was no longer vulnerable to a "dehumidifier".[2] This weakness was later removed from continuity in 2011, establishing that he grew up on land before learning of his Atlantean heritage.[68]

Before the New 52 The Trident (granted by Poseidon to the rightful ruler and protector of the seas) was indestructible and a very powerful melee weapon (able to destroy the very powerful Imperiex Probes), which Aquaman wielded with unmatched skill. Apart from that the Trident had also the power to manipulate water, fire bolts of powerful energy and act as a focus to amplify the magical power of others (like most notably Tempest). In the New 52 (current continuity) The Trident is now part of a collection of seven very powerful Atlantean magical items, forged by the first king of Atlantis who calls himself 'The Dead King'. Thought to be the most powerful weapon of the set (although the discovery of a seventh hidden item might put this claim to test), the trident is completely indestructible and able to hurt even the most powerful of opponents such as the evil god Darkseid, with Aquaman being the only leaguer to puncture and make him bleed out. He was also able to break the mystical barrier of Dr. Graves which was deemed indestructible at the time. On one instance the trident was shown glowing with magical power when Black Manta used the rest of the items to discover the hidden seventh one. Apart from all its power the Trident acts as a symbol of Aquaman's authority and his trademark weapon, which he wields with unmatched skill.[volume & issue needed]

After the loss of his left hand, Aquaman initially replaced it with a cybernetic retractable hook, then a cybernetic hand. The mechanical hand was replaced by a magical hand made out of water given to him by the Lady of the Lake, which grants Aquaman numerous abilities, including but not limited to: the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches and killing them instantly, the ability to shoot jets of water from his hand, scalding or freezing, healing abilities, the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions,[2] and the ability to communicate with the Lady of the Lake through the waterbearer hand.[69] His biological hand was restored when the character was resurrected in Blackest Night #8.

Old December 22nd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah. The Trident is epic level powerful, beyond even Excalibur.

That is going to be difficult to nail down theme-wise and remain balanced.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 22nd, 2015, 12:49 PM

OK, here's my riff on him as uber bad*** offensive threat/Justice League support figure:

NAME = AQUAMAN

SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS =

TRIDENT OF POSEIDON
Start the game with the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon on this card. While the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon is on this card, Aquaman and all friendly figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Aquaman do not stop their movement when entering water spaces and never take any leaving engagement attacks. While the glyph is on this card, it cannot be destroyed by any means and Aquaman cannot lose it by any means unless he is destroyed.

ATLANTEAN TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Aquaman always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, or two automatic shields if he is occupying a water space.

DEFENDER OF JUSTICE
Before attacking with Aquaman, you may choose one other Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aquaman that is either Atlantean or has one or more Justice League markers on its card. Add 1 die to Aquaman's attack for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card, to a maximum of 4 additional attack dice.

GLYPH OF TRIDENT OF POSEIDON
(Elemental Manipulation)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 6 water tiles on this card. Before moving with this figure, you may either remove a water tile from this card and place it on the space this figure occupies or any empty land space within 4 spaces of this figure, if the water tile fits normally onto that space, or choose one figure within 4 spaces of this figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound, or two wounds if the chosen figure occupies a water space.

Last edited by IAmBatman; December 22nd, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Nice of Aquaman to let Brainiac 5 use his Trident.

How about this alteration of Born Leader's idea (inspired by Back to Back, but very different).

Born Leader/King of Atlantis
After taking a turn with Aquaman, you may take a turn with any Altlantean Hero or Squad you control or any hero you control adjacent to Aquaman.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK, here's my riff on him as uber bad*** offensive threat/Justice League support figure:

NAME = AQUAMAN

SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS =

TRIDENT OF POSEIDON
Start the game with the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon on this card. While the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon is on this card, Aquaman and all friendly figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Aquaman do not stop their movement when entering water spaces and never take any leaving engagement attacks. While the glyph is on this card, it cannot be destroyed by any means and Brainiac 5 cannot lose it by any means unless he is destroyed.

ATLANTEAN TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Aquaman always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, or two automatic shields if he is occupying a water space.

DEFENDER OF JUSTICE
Before attacking with Aquaman, you may choose one other Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aquaman that is either Atlantean or has one or more Justice League markers on its card. Add 1 die to Aquaman's attack for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card, to a maximum of 4 additional attack dice.

GLYPH OF TRIDENT OF POSEIDON
(Elemental Manipulation)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 6 water tiles on this card. Before moving with this figure, you may either remove a water tile from this card and place it on the space this figure occupies or any empty land space within 4 spaces of this figure, if the water tile fits normally onto that space, or choose one figure within 4 spaces of this figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound, or two wounds if the chosen figure occupies a water space.
Other than the Braniac part, I actually like it. I like how you took the other ideas and made them work. I think I am going to go and nominate you for an Ally spot.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy