Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 19th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Yeah, ugly for sure. But on a positive not, at least the Seahawks lost too

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cardinals are really looking like the class of that division - which is a bit shocking.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Seattle just isn't that good this year. That's the unfortunate reality for them.
I reality the Seahawks won a lot of games early on last season that could have gone either way. It wasn't until the playoffs that they started to look like a dominating team. This year they are just not quite finishing things off in those marginal games. There really is that fine of a line in the NFL between looking like a great team and a mediocre team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
The 'boys do look good, but they have looked good in October many times before.

They are a power running team because of that O-line so maybe that will change their December/January fortunes.

Murray has a history of injury and Romo still acts like his back is factoring into his decisions. Losing either one of them knocks the wheels clean off this wagon.
I don't think losing Murray would be as devastating. The way the line is blocking could make a lot of good RB look great. The fact that they are actually calling running plays and Romo has lost the right to audible out of everything means he has less chances to get hurt or ROMO-ize a game...which has resulted in winning.

This season

Romo pass attempts >32 ... record 1-1 (Which coincidentally the last few years the Cowboys are a .500 team)

Romo pass attempts <32 ... record 5-0

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 20th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, ugly for sure. But on a positive not, at least the Seahawks lost too
The number of tears shed by the players is growing. I love it. You're losing to one of the worst teams in the league, and you claim you're playing against the referees because of how a single call went against you? *chuckle* *snort* *drool*

The Seahawks didn't just lose to the Rams, they got punked by the Rams. Twice.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If we're being honest, kind of a fluke win for the Rams. But really, Seattle has never been quite as good as they looked for one game in February. They are a good team but not quite a juggernaut. Harvin's release is interesting. He certainly looked like a huge part of their attack in the Super Bowl, as well as their first few games this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Romo pass attempts >32 ... record 1-1 (Which coincidentally the last few years the Cowboys are a .500 team)

Romo pass attempts <32 ... record 5-0
Correlation does not imply causation. You can find lots of stats like this (with the numbers slightly tweaked, or talking about carries instead of pass attempts, or talking about yards by a certain running back) about a bunch of different teams in the NFL. The Broncos are 5-0 when Manning has 48 or fewer attempts, and 0-1 when he has 49 or more. Is Manning the problem?

In general, teams run more when they have the lead, and pass more when they are losing, for a number of reasons:
  • Passing stops the clock on incompletions, and leads to more plays where the ball carrier goes out of bounds, both of which lengthen the game.
  • Passing has a higher turnover risk, which matters more when you have the lead.
  • Passing has a higher average yards per play, which matters more when you are losing.
So, often, it's not that you win because you ran the ball. It's that you ran the ball because you were winning.

Also, there's just the reality that when the run is working, you will run more, and of course that's good for your offense. If the run is NOT working, then you probably will run less... but that doesn't mean that running more would have helped you! (The reverse is not really the case; you basically can't give up on the pass with the way the NFL currently works.)

None of this changes the fact that the Dallas O-line has been fantastic and Murray is crushing it. If you can run like that, then yeah, keep it going. My fantasy team doesn't mind.

Last edited by dok; October 20th, 2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old October 20th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, sure it was a fluke. It's still funny as heck to watch Goliath, having lost to David, complain about officiating.

= =
Old October 20th, 2014, 02:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah for sure.

When I saw the Rams RB get past the sticks, my first thought was "he should kneel right now". Failing to do so almost (should have?) cost him.

I feel like more teams should have their punter (and holder) run the scout team, or otherwise get some passing reps. When your punter can make a semi-competent play as a QB, those fake punt plays look pretty easy.

Last edited by dok; October 20th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Murray has a history of injury and Romo still acts like his back is factoring into his decisions. Losing either one of them knocks the wheels clean off this wagon.
I don't think losing Murray would be as devastating. The way the line is blocking could make a lot of good RB look great.
Yes, the o line is something else, but Murray was averaging 4.9 per carry for his career before this line was completely assembled. Murray is not merely a "good" running back and his backups can only be described as adequate. If/when he goes down, the Cowboys will not enjoy the same level of success with the backs currently on the roster.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yes, the o line is something else, but Murray was averaging 4.9 per carry for his career before this line was completely assembled. Murray is not merely a "good" running back and his backups can only be described as adequate. If/when he goes down, the Cowboys will not enjoy the same level of success with the backs currently on the roster.
The current backup RB are crap bag awful I know that. I was more stating that they would not plummet to an awful team if Murray goes down but Yes they would not be nearly as good but still a winning team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Correlation does not imply causation. You can find lots of stats like this (with the numbers slightly tweaked, or talking about carries instead of pass attempts, or talking about yards by a certain running back) about a bunch of different teams in the NFL. The Broncos are 5-0 when Manning has 48 or fewer attempts, and 0-1 when he has 49 or more. Is Manning the problem?

In general, teams run more when they have the lead, and pass more when they are losing, for a number of reasons:
  • Passing stops the clock on incompletions, and leads to more plays where the ball carrier goes out of bounds, both of which lengthen the game.
  • Passing has a higher turnover risk, which matters more when you have the lead.
  • Passing has a higher average yards per play, which matters more when you are losing.
So, often, it's not that you win because you ran the ball. It's that you ran the ball because you were winning.

Also, there's just the reality that when the run is working, you will run more, and of course that's good for your offense. If the run is NOT working, then you probably will run less... but that doesn't mean that running more would have helped you! (The reverse is not really the case; you basically can't give up on the pass with the way the NFL currently works.)

None of this changes the fact that the Dallas O-line has been fantastic and Murray is crushing it. If you can run like that, then yeah, keep it going. My fantasy team doesn't mind.
1. I agree and I had made that exact argument as well back in the day when I was a HS coach.

2. Romo is no Manning but my point was more along the line of Romo getting audible rights reigned back. When he throws 40 times a game it wasn't always because pass plays were called 40 times but more often because he was audible into pass plays a lot. Shoot there were games when he was over twenty in the first half before they got behind and they got behind because of your statement above.

I've argued with a lot of people defending Romo and stating that he is an upper tier QB but if you are being honest he does get the reputation for a reason. As long as he remembers he's Romo and not Breese and he can't just go Texas Tech pass happy he'll be fine.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The offense always flows through the quarterback. His principal responsibility is the W, not yards or TD passes or passing yards. Not time of possession or yards per passing attempt. Just the win.

= =
Old October 26th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Looks like the Lions are still jet lagged.

= =
Old October 26th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They don't play well on grass. Still, just got that huge 3rd and 25 TD pass ... it's not over yet!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV